Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS...OVER?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zedenek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:40 pm
It has come to my attention that this year is the last year for Daylight Savings Time. Why? I am not sure yet. However, I disagree with this. Daylight Savings was first thought to save candle sticks by enxtending the day. Today, it is used to save electricity.
Remeber that period of hot summer days? There were power alerts all around due to 24/7 air conditioning. With Daylight Savings gone, we can run the risk of those alerts appearing again. Nothing is official yet, but they are seriously thinking about it.

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:53 pm
Could I have some more info from a website?  

gamer014

tragic w o a h

6,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:53 am
I don't know where
you heard that daylight savings time is ending, because it isn't.
The Energy Act of 2005 just indicates that Daylight Savings Time
will begin The second sunday in March, and end the first sunday in November.
But this is just for the United States.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:20 pm
what the....  

Saint Rydire

jazzdogblue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:29 am
over ..... what?

its is just starting for us over here in New Zealand. starts this weekend and dam it if i have to set all my bloody clock back - so i get out of bed early ---- as if i didnt have enough trouble getting out of bed in the frist place xp  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:25 am
Zdenek
It has come to my attention that this year is the last year for Daylight Savings Time. Why? I am not sure yet. However, I disagree with this. Daylight Savings was first thought to save candle sticks by enxtending the day. Today, it is used to save electricity.
Remeber that period of hot summer days? There were power alerts all around due to 24/7 air conditioning. With Daylight Savings gone, we can run the risk of those alerts appearing again. Nothing is official yet, but they are seriously thinking about it.

What do you think?

wow i didn't hear about that. daylight savings was a g man. that's weird.  

Imortal ~ Rose

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:21 am
*shrugs* when it comes to saving electricity I would say it would depend on a case to case basis since more and more businesses are running 24/7 and more and more people are working around the clock to accomodate. Therefore I would say the electricity part is mute.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:14 pm
Zdenek

What do you think?
I've never even heard of this! question  

Kasumi Ocada

Smitten Citizen

6,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150

beaulolais

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:55 am
i like more light in late afternoon and evening coz i can mess around outside after work.

i'm sure daylight savings is expanding in the US next year, not dying.

i even have a rant in GD about it, and how it should be "savings" time year-round.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=2&t=19009115#1004283321

oh, and we never use AC up here...for three weeks in August we run a table fan or two, that's it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:29 am
No no no... they are extending daylights savings time. It is going to start in March (3 weeks early) and end in November (a week later). I hate the idea personally. I prefer standard time. I hate loosing that hour of sleep.  

Sekehmet

Llama759

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:05 am
I hate standered time because its dark at 7:00pm and it's bright at like 4am my question is who cares if it's bright at 4am!!!! I mean really not to mention your sleeping and eating patterns are all messed up for about a week can't they just keep it on the summer time it's so much better  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:57 pm
Lets stay together itsumo
I don't know where
you heard that daylight savings time is ending, because it isn't.
The Energy Act of 2005 just indicates that Daylight Savings Time
will begin The second sunday in March, and end the first sunday in November.
But this is just for the United States.

That's going to be a problem for Canadians who wish to communicate effectively with Americans. My information may be outdated, but it seems that some Canadian provinces are considering adjusting their own daylight savings time to coincide with the US' new schedule, whereas other provinces might not be doing the same. There's going to be a lot of confusion if everyone can't agree on what to do about time. confused  

Deciare

River Kitsune

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:08 am
lol, now i have to wake up earlier, poop lmao  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:45 pm
HOZAR!!!!!! NO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!!!! I love NO dayligh savings =P  

karrie_webb

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers