33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
how lame
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

chessiejo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:10 am
although i like poetry and competitive sports, i also enjoy getting deep into the back country where few people ever go.

in a kayak you can surprise many wild animals: I have seen a stag, moose, heron, kingfisher, many beaver, muskrats, a fisher (beautiful thing), owls, turtles and more.

i hike for the same reason; not to cover vast distances quickly, but to see what is hidden.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:54 pm
OMG heart  

The Vengeful Poet

The Vengeful Poet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:56 pm
chessiejo
although i like poetry and competitive sports, i also enjoy getting deep into the back country where few people ever go.

in a kayak you can surprise many wild animals: I have seen a stag, moose, heron, kingfisher, many beaver, muskrats, a fisher (beautiful thing), owls, turtles and more.

i hike for the same reason; not to cover cast distances quickly, but to see what is hidden.

but thats bad, at least sometimes. Although I love the feeling as well, suprising the wrong animals, especially when you're alone, is something that gets you mauled by a defensive animal.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:02 am
I love both of those past times. Which is a good thing because my dad is obsessed with it (and it rubbed off on me). I just like being in nature and having the opportunity to think (except on the especially difficult hikes). Pretty much the worst memory of hiking for me would be falling off the side of a mountain when I was 8, but I do have a bunch of other vivid hiking memories.  

doodlebuggey88

beaulolais

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:36 am
my worst one recently was getting on a wrong side trail...actually, a deer track...on a cliff over the northern Hudosn where it was whitewater rapids down below.

the trail got steeper and smaller and then disappeared in a very steep cliff face with few handholds.

i didn't want to try backing downward when i vouldnt see where my feet were planted, so i crawled up on my fron, grabbing little plants and bushes.

we have a saying, "any disaster you survive is then an adventure!"

well then, i had an adventure!

i celebrated by running to a cafe in a nearby village and enjoying their hand-picked fruits de bois pie.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:43 pm
yeah i hike mostly  

XxJaredxLetoxLoverxX

zenyk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:29 pm
I haven't hiked for a while, but I love it! Adventure is never boring.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:31 pm
i just got ice cleats, snap-ons, for winter hiking, and they help a lot.

we haven't had a lot of snow yet this year so snowshoes don't help much.

we have lynx up here, they're beautiful but very fierce so you can't get too close.

but my mom's digital camera has a 5x zoom  

chessiejo

Rollingjules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:37 pm
Wow! It's wonderful to enjoy something outdoorsy, but personal at the same time. I love hiking, but I live in an insanely urban area so I don't get to do much of it anymore. ;_;  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:33 pm
I did Kyaking on camp..it was sooo fun!  

sakura moon mermaid

anisasierra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:52 pm
my dad has a kayak  
"WYH" What's Your Hobby?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items