Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Gay Marriage ??? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your opinion on Gay Marriage?
  Marriage is about love not gender.
  It's against the bible.
  I am gay and i want to be able to get married to the one i love.
  It's sick and it's wrong.
  I support it.
  no answer.
View Results

ToxikPoison

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:49 pm
I 100% totally think that gay marriage should be legal. It's your life your decision you should be able to marry anybody you want if you truley love them. And even though i am a strong christian I belive in it and I acctually made shirts and sold tham at school once that had a logo on it of a guy and a guy holding hands and a guy and a girl holding hands and a girl and a girl holding hands and it says i support and i gave away quite a few and i had a talk with one of my teachers about it and he said that it was totally find and that i was allowed to express myself any appropriate way i wanted and i did.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:55 am
At least give them their "civil unions," if you want to be picky about religion and the word "marriage". Homosexuals are people too, and deserve the same rights and tax bennies 3nodding  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

tinkerbellgirl999

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:07 am
i fully agree with this topic because ppl should be able to marry who they want. ummmmm ppl should have more rights. ~monte~  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:19 pm
I sorta think that marriage in itself is alittle silly(off subject but oh well ninja ) but you should be able to BE with whoever you want. They should be recgonized for their love not their gender. There are more divorces in our age because no one marries who they love anymore ninja  

The Gaming Goddess

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:30 pm
Bill of Rights - Freedom of Religion aka Freedom from Religion
Argument against gay-marriage - Goes against the bible
Hmm, who else sees a problem here?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:42 pm
Goddess Ace
Bill of Rights - Freedom of Religion aka Freedom from Religion
Argument against gay-marriage - Goes against the bible
Hmm, who else sees a problem here?

Also, marrage is a pursuit of happiness!  

-Cinno Cake-

Poets Divine Desire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Well.Marriage is about two people loving each other. Do I believe gay-ness is natural? NO. Why? becuase if it was, then we would all have both. If you catch my drift. I think gays should be able to get married. NOw all the legal stuff? I don't think that they should be able to get all thegoodies that come with Marriage, such as the ability to put your spouse on your Medical Insurance. Why? becuase it's just not natural for them to 'do it' together like that. BUt thats just me.

NO I am not gay, Or bi. I'm straight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:28 pm
Brandi, When are you gonna make those shirts for us too wear??? ( this may seem off topic but its not )  

tinkerbellgirl999

walkingundine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:05 am
I'd like to be able to marry my partner- whether it happens to be a male or a female.

Possibility one: Cease all state-recognized 'marriages'. Call them civil partnerships or something, whether straight, gay, or polyamorous. Leave the word 'marriage' to the realm of the spiritual, and hence the private sector.

Possibility two: Equal marriage rights for everyone, hurray!

Those're the most fair options as I see 'em.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:31 am
PoetsDivineDesire
Well.Marriage is about two people loving each other. Do I believe gay-ness is natural? NO. Why? becuase if it was, then we would all have both. If you catch my drift. I think gays should be able to get married. NOw all the legal stuff? I don't think that they should be able to get all thegoodies that come with Marriage, such as the ability to put your spouse on your Medical Insurance. Why? becuase it's just not natural for them to 'do it' together like that. BUt thats just me.

I don't understand what you mean. When some one falls in love that is perfectly natural, right? It's something that happenes in your brain, the hormonal reactions and stuff like that. You just can't choose that kind of thing. It is decided before you even reach puberty. Now I ask you, if two people love each other, and care about each other, why shouldn't they be able to take care of each other (that is to challenge your point on how they shouldn't be able to put their spouse on medical insurance)? Look, any kind of love is natural (within your own species of course).

(And what exactly do you mean when you said 'we'd have both'? What in the world are you talking about?)  

Taily-po

blackwidow84

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:40 am
Of course gay marriage should be allowed. Really people (for thems straight people) How will allowing Gay Marriage change your life? You might have to buy a few new wedding presants...
There is so much war and hate in the world. what is so wrong with two people who love eachother.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:58 am
I think marriage is more about a life together, than the sex of people. Because not all marriage is about love. My mom got married out of convenience, and things worked out. Love is more or less what we call the feelings our brain gives us when we find someone, we can have a relationship with. (or something like that I'm not good with putting the words together.) And what people do in the bedroom, (or any empty room... <.< >.>) is what they do, and it doesn’t, or shouldn’t affect anyone other than them. Its not really something (well just what I think) people are born with, and its not something they can help. Its juts a preference, and if it makes them happy leave it alone. There are worse sins in the world, and they are what we should be making laws against. Oh wait, the world does. But likes to harass, the gay community because they are an easy stab. (Figuratively of course.)

This is DL's opinion, and I'm not lez, or bi. (just stuff to know.) Thank you.

DragonLover

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

DragonLover

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:00 am
Taily-po
PoetsDivineDesire

I don't understand what you mean. When some one falls in love that is perfectly natural, right? It's something that happenes in your brain, the hormonal reactions and stuff like that. You just can't choose that kind of thing. It is decided before you even reach puberty. Now I ask you, if two people love each other, and care about each other, why shouldn't they be able to take care of each other (that is to challenge your point on how they shouldn't be able to put their spouse on medical insurance)? Look, any kind of love is natural (within your own species of course).

(And what exactly do you mean when you said 'we'd have both'? What in the world are you talking about?)

I think they mean we would have a male, and female partner. thats not what being gay is about, because you would still love one person, and be true to them... Not have one of each, it just dosn't work like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:08 pm
I'm against people stripping me of my rights because it's "against their beliefs". Thank you, Separation of Church & State.

I'm against people stripping me of my rights because it's "not natural". Glasses are "not natural", cars are "not natural", blended fabrics are "not natural", processed foods are "not natural".

Marriage is about love - not sex, race, ethnicity, religion, etc.
And btw, a civil union is quite different from a marriage as it entails not nearly as many of the 1,000+ benefits & rights associated with marriage.

[ theoretic martyr ]

DinoRawr21022

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:25 pm
PoetsDivineDesire

Ugh, people like you make me sick. Its their choice, not yours. So shut up about it. Also they should have the same rights as every other citizen. Got a problem with that? Go join George Bush.

Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff