Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
We as a species have destroyed humanity Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Humans...
  have gone soft.
  are ******** nuts.
  aren't human at all.
View Results

RoboJesus420

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:09 pm
Its true, human nature is no longer human nature. As humans we have one purpose and that is to survive. However, throughout our incredible existence, we have repeatedly made survival easier and easier to the point where we don't really have to do s**t to survive. What we need now, is money to buy food, water, and other necessities, our health insurance because God forbid we ever get seriously hurt, and a myriad of useless garbage.

We used to be hunters and gatherers. There was a time where we had to chase our food down to eat it, and if we couldn't we would die, simple as that. Survival of the fittest used to be one of the key factors in life, but now we have medicine, prosthetics, and doctors to make sure we are healthy. Things have completely changed.

Do you honestly think that when we were a nomadic species, humans had the time or interest in distinguishing the sane from the insane? We do now, in fact we make time to do it. This brings up a theory of mine about psychological illnesses and a great deal of physical ones as well. Because we have time to sit around and survival has become relatively easy, our survival mechanisms have evolved as well. Survival is a natural instinct and it won't go away, it will adapt. Now that we don't have to worry so much about where the food is coming from and where to find shelter, we have so little to worry about that our mind psychosomatically creates situations in which we must find ways to survive.

Take depression for example. More than half of the world's population suffers from it. I'm sure that the humans thousands of years ago faced worse troubles than we do. Imagine an entire family except for a few children being slaughtered by predators. That's depressing as hell, but back then if you took time to dwell on it, you'd ******** starve. Now we can spend days upon days grieving losses, even taking a personal day from work. We drill this s**t into our head until we become accustomed to being sad and people wonder why so many people are depressed. Sometimes we don't even know the cause. The truth is that as a species we have become soft. We feel so bad for ourselves that we have driven ourselves completely ******** nuts.

Thats it for now.

The Jesus has spoken,
Peace  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:57 pm
EXACTLY! ive been thinking the same thing for years. Whenever i go to school, i think, "Why do i have school? math? language arts? we didnt need to learn that a long ime ago, but society has made us useless and physically inept for survival in the so-called wild!" I cant see why we need refrigerators and stuff when back then we scavenged for food and had an awesome immune system that could fight off harsh deseases. Now we have medicine sold to us for money and such. I hate it!  

I need a username

DragonLover

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:41 pm
Its true, we do have a lot of time to do useless things. Like feel sorry for ourselves. But then we fill the time with things people don’t want to learn, and depression comes from that to. And we think its useless, but not really. The fact that we don’t have to hunt for food, and make or find shelter, show the progression of the human race. I don’t think its all right, and I don’t think people should be forgiven over things called "mental deformities" when a lot of the time its not true. Health is important, that comes from the basic human instinct of survival. But human nature is still the same. It’s to live or survive, to look good for a mate (meaning to have children), be happy, and safe. That’s still true. But we are, indeed, a sad and perverse people. (perverse means naughty. Hehe)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:31 pm
Human nature is to adapt to changing environments, be they natural, social, economic, ect. In that sense, human nature hasn't changed at all. The world in which we live is changing and we are adjusting our lives to meet that change.  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:53 pm
I think byou missed the fact that people back then didn't live very long. So much for "survival" without our intellect that enables us to create tools for living, we would probably be dead at about 30. WIf it wasn't about survival we wouldn't put so much reaserch and work into living longer. Of course you could some to the conclusion that living simply to survive is completely pointless. It reminds me of a story about a buddhist monk and his pupils. He meets God who tells him that because he has been such a good man, he can have anything he wishes. The monk requests that he may live for 80 more years and his request is granted. He tells his pupils and they respond in disbelief. "why didn't you ask for hundreds more years or to live forever?"His answer is, to teach them that life is not about living the longest. It about utilizing the time you are given to be spend doing some good. He only requested the 80 years so he could stay to teach for some more time.

There are two kinds of people. There are those that live and those that exist.. A life spent simply existing is not a life well spent. Actually, humans have been deviating from nature because simply put, nature is not benevolent. Nature cares not if you live or die. What your dabbling in is a philosophical arguement. Meaning that humans voluntarily deviated from living in caves and using archaic spears to hunt for food. If we were MEANT to do what nature intended, then we wouldn't be capable of making that choice anyway. Instinctial creatures are hardwired to do what they do. Humans are not. Most of our behavior is learned. If no one TOLD you that humans used to use spears to hunt their food instead of guns, you wouldn't even have this conversation. Truth is, most creatures don't develop as slowly as the human child nor do they live as long. Most animals are born, grow, find a mate, give birth, raise the offspring and soon after..die. Humans plan years in advance. Our capacity to plan enables us to survive things that would usually kill us off. How much money goes into vaccines to prevent diseases? Sounds like a survival instinct to me. In fact much of our life centers around two things. Self preservation and finding a mate to continue the species. So, what are the highest proffiting markets? Food..and sex. Those who deviate from this path are often percieved by other humans as having a mental problem. For example, those who voluntary abstain from sex during their peak years. Or those who are strict with their food consumption so as not to gain excess weight. You overfeed a dog, he will become overweight. A dog will not put itself on a diet even if the excess weight may potentially kill them. Humans will. But such people who do this are seen as special people for having such willpower.Most humans will succumb to their basic instinct to over eat in times of plenty and will let the fat come..UNTIL, said weight gain becomes an obstacle to obtaining a sexual mate. Humans will go to great lengths to be noticed and be chosen as a mate. It's why products that makes us look clean and healthy are in such high demand. Both men and women have an anything it takes attitude when it comes to obtaining a mate. Once said mate is obtained, usually offspring are the result. However it seems as though we have skipped a step. Many people are engaging in the mating steps but subtracting the actual conception part. The whole reason that sexual urges are so strog is to make sure the species continues to propogate. Once you detach things from their initial nature, there are bound to be consequences. Like those who eat simply for the sake of eating when their body doesn't need such excess calories.
But, humans choose these options.It would be impossible to go back to a completely animal feral state because it would be by choice and ergo just as artificial. Humans are not feral. we make educated planned out decisions about how we are going to live our lives. We plan how many children we want, our diet, our education, where we live etc.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:55 pm
Life, then death. That's all that is, was, and ever will be.  

Dark King Treble

OpalineReverie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:11 am
Personally, I hate humans. This is complicated for me to express, but those that are like me completely understand. Humans have ruined most of what they've been given, and refuse to live with nature for the fear of having to give up all of their technology. Now, I love technology, but if I was as I was meant to be, then I'd have no need for it. Humans got the short end of the stick, that's for sure, but it's not like they couldn't reconnect...at least in a sense. Sure, most of what they could have had are dead to them, as their minds cannot handle what they once could. It's their own fault in the end, and I feel little to no pity for them.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:35 pm
Humans aren't so bad. I'd sooner be a human than a rat or something - at least we dont eat our children or pee on our food (normal people dont, anyway) Its true as a race we sometimes do terrible things but thats not just a human problem, monkeys fight and kill each other for territory, male lions will kill the cubs of other males, cats will torture mice rather than kill them outright. We're still an animal, and we still have a basically animal nature. The only thing we've done that no other animal has is cause major polution, and global warming (if you believe in that)  

FireBroken

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:36 am
FireBroken
The only thing we've done that no other animal has is cause major polution, and global warming (if you believe in that)

And manipulated our environment so Darwinism doesnt apply to us anymore, made huge medical discoveries, put people in space...lots of things actually  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:18 am
I ment in terms of bad things humans have done.  

FireBroken

Zymeth_Dark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:28 pm
i agree with you compleatly, i beleve that we should find means of creating a pleage or somthing, and that there should only be a few amount of people left. people are needed for the enviorment, but there are too many of us scince we have no natural preditors. many of us should be killed. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:48 pm
i kinda hate everyone

in a way

because with everything we do we are slowly killing ourselves  

MorganAndYou

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:42 pm
YourLoveHateHeroine
i kinda hate everyone

in a way

because with everything we do we are slowly killing ourselves

that seems a bit extreme. There are people out there, who are healthy themselves, try to be as planet friendly as they can, and who are saving lives. Not everything they do is killing themselves slowly

On the other hand, no one gets out of life alive  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:28 am
RoboJesus420 is right. The reason so many are depressed today is because they have time to think and depress themselves. Not that thought is bad. Thought is how humanity has advanced. But although humanity today has reached such great heights, it has also reached an extreme low. We are weak now, overly dependant on technology. Electricity for example. just remove that from the picture and the world would fall into chaos. No light, no ovens, no refridgerators, no security systems. Crime and death would break out like the plague. The survival skill of today is money. As long as you have money, you can buy your way through life, purchase all and any ammenities and necessities. But that is really a shame. Humanity needs to go back to its basics. Learn to enjoy the simpler things in life and become more self-sufficient and able. So many people can't cook past a bowl of cereal. Learning to preserve food. Washing clothes by hand. Sewing. Gardening. These are all things every person needs to know, so that when the time comes your hand is forced, you'll be able to help yourself. Today one is knowledgable if he knows all the songs and movies that have come out since the 20th century. And while culture is important to experience, there is much more important knowledge than this. how about being able to differentiate plants among nature and their properties?

Alright. perhaps I've over exagerated. They're are many knowledgable people out there. In fact America is the greatest example of intellectual interest. The Discovery Channel. The History Channel. The Food Channel. It has some of the greatest universities. You have everything here. Philosophers. and they've created some of the geatest entertainment. and concepts like Dignity and Honour and Rightiousness are some key principles that when you dig deep enough are found in America's roots. but some people have been lost to "modern society" and only care to get the new iphone, or whatever the newest fad is. That is America's greatest shame. and the reason that the US is beholder of this shame is because no other society has advanced or risen as much as the US. Anyway, I'm way off topic.

My point was that the survival human instinct of today is money. Money makes the world go round. so now people work hard to get money, then buy everything. so rather, whatever it is that gets you money is today's survival mechanism. crap! stressed I forgot where I was going with this... well, todays highest grossing jobs are professional sports players, modelling, acting, singing, and all that crap. the I guess lawyers and doctors. its rather said that lawyers are even needed in society. In everyone was a good person, there would be no need for security sytems and lawyers. If every person who was poor was supported by someone richer, no one would steal. if every mother and father raised their children well and were good people themselves and raised their kids in good environments, lunatics and phycotic murderers wouldn't exist. If everyone respected everyone else, there wouldn't be suicide. If no one was arrogant and acted mean towards someone else, vengeance would be a void concept.

well, I got off topic several times and can't seem to get to where I want to go. so, I'm gonna end it here. but I will say this. Humanity has a long way to go. we used to be more honourable and self-sufficient. now we are arrogant and proud of our shame. and scream *&^*$#@#^%%$&#$^&@%$*& I can't ever complete a thought!!!! WHeRe wAS i goINg witH THiS!!?!?!?!?! GOD!

1) humanity is lame (not as in boring/dorky). While our advancemnt in tech is great it has also come to ou disadvantage in that we are no longer self-sufficient. Like our dependance on electricity is too great. I can't imagine going to sleep without the security system because I'm afraid someone will break in and kill me. but I wouldn't have this fear if there were no murderers. but because I know how messed up society is here in the US, I would probably stay up all night being paranoid of every little sound. Back in Syria, while the use of tech has considerably gone up (TVs and cellphones etc.) power outages are a normal thing. but I feel safe power or not. there is hardly crime there, and never murder. notice that the places that are more "developed" also have the greatest murders and suicide and corruption and stuff like that. It's like, the bigger the better, the more danger.

ugh! well. I'm sick of writing this. if you pick up something to comment on, great. and if you can see the connection between everything I said here, that's friggin awesome mrgreen

Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:13 pm
Secret Angel 3

In fact America is the greatest example of intellectual interest. The Discovery Channel. The History Channel. The Food Channel. It has some of the greatest universities. You have everything here. Philosophers. and they've created some of the geatest entertainment and produced brilliant authors. Charles Dickens and Shakespeare and Edgar Allen Poe.

Charles Dickens and Shakespeare werent american...?  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff