Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Sexual abuse?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it?
  Yes
  No
  Depends (explain)
View Results

Venused

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:31 pm
My friend has just had a traumatic event happen to her, and I want to know your opinion about it.

I'm going to call her Clare. It was around two months ago when Clare, a bunch of friends and I went to watch a volleyball game at our school. I had to leave halfway through, so I didn't know this happened until two days later.

Right after I left, Clare's friend, I'm calling him Mark, took her to the stage behind the school, and putting it in loose terms, he took off her clothes and groped her.

He didn't hurt her physically. I think the real issue here was that Clare trusted Mark, since they had been such good friends for so long. He was probably her best friend. So was I, and I can say I would never thought Mark would do anything like that, ever, even for a 14-year old guy.

That was back in September. Clare ended up cutting her wrists because of it. Eventually she ended up telling me, and finally Mark. Apparently he promised he wouldn't do it again, after a few loud talks with me, for sure, but I still wouldn't trust him. Clare didn't let anyone touch her for weeks. She is back to talking to him now. I think they are back to friends, though she did talk to me lately, and she says it's still bugging her that Mark has no idea what he had done to her. He did not know about her arm.

So, do you think Clare did the right thing? Is this abuse, worth telling an adult about? Should she talk to Mark again, even after all this time?

I have my own opinions on this. These are my friends. But I want to know what you think.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:43 pm
From what your saying, yeah thats ual abuse and if I were you i would kick the dudes a$$ and call the cops on him. but thats my opinion hope it helps.  

LordRyan

Venused

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:46 am
lol haha
yeah
maybe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:58 pm
Yes, it is. It could be also attempted rape. She needs to tell an adult and cut off all communications with this kid. It can KILL her if she doesn't get the help she needs. I have had friends that went through that, and it is tough to deal with. She needs to tell someone or you, being her friend, do it for her, if she doesnt want to. Go to your school's counseler and tell them. She might be mad at you but she will thank you later. And "Mark" will not hurt you, he may threaten, but he won't, and if he does, he will go straight to jail.  

DinoRawr21022

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:14 pm
It is abuse. You should tell an authority as soon as possible.. and in my opinion she should never talk to Mark again. NO sort of friend would violate your boundaries in such a heinous manner.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:34 pm
question: did clare let mark do that to her? bcause if she let him then im not really sure if it is sexual abuse.  

swtlildee1

swtlildee1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:35 pm
Venused
lol haha
yeah
maybe

o_0 woah, you're taking this situation lightly.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:36 pm
thats i completly sexual abuse and i say kick his a** and would have sent him to jail...... but why would she let this happen after your clothes are off you know whats going to happen i would kicked his crotch so hard they dropped off and ran for a cell phone and never talk to him again  

nightslipper

Whispend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:48 am
Well...if "mark" did not actually hurt her phisically (sp?), either he had some sort of leverage against her, or she realyl trusted him, becasue not many people will just take of their clothes backstage for someone, bestfriend or not...As for the cutting wrists part, thats not really that bad, i know some people who are really cool, just have emotional problems, real "cutters" don't do it for the hype, they do it for emotional relief. Also is clair is back to trusting him enough to still be friends, he couldn't have done that much to her, are you sure this isn't a sort of attention getter?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:30 pm
she shouldnt talk to him ever again. also she should tell an adult of coarse if she is cutting herself and since that happened.  

--photogeek1

Smug_Wittle_Bug

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:42 pm
omg u should tell someone and never ever talk to mark again  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:43 am
yeah that was definitely sexual abuse, but if you call the cops and he
goes to jail he will be labeled as a sex offender for the rest of his life. he
will probably not get accepted into any college or get a good job, or any
job, because of it. where ever he lives, all his neighbors will have access
to the fact that he was a sex offender, which could mean anything from
groping to rape and child molestation. his neighbors will assume the worst
and persecute him. for a 14 year old, that is destroying his entire future.
tell his parents, have them seek counselling for him, dont call the cops.
tell them if they dont get help for him you'll have no choice but to report it.
but give him a chance at life, dont destroy his future if you can help it  

wookiebeca

HighClass Badass

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:24 pm
How did he GET her shirt off? If she willingly took it off for him that changes things..  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:08 pm
wookiebeca
yeah that was definitely sexual abuse, but if you call the cops and he
goes to jail he will be labeled as a sex offender for the rest of his life. he
will probably not get accepted into any college or get a good job, or any
job, because of it. where ever he lives, all his neighbors will have access
to the fact that he was a sex offender, which could mean anything from
groping to rape and child molestation. his neighbors will assume the worst
and persecute him. for a 14 year old, that is destroying his entire future.
tell his parents, have them seek counselling for him, dont call the cops.
tell them if they dont get help for him you'll have no choice but to report it.
but give him a chance at life, dont destroy his future if you can help it

if he molested her, he deserves it  

Iconised Ghost

fli_as_can_be

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:56 pm
What the dude did was wrong.Ur friend should have kicked his a** and wacht him cry.ITS WRONG WHAT HE DID.And ur friend should never talk to him again.He's going to do it again and when he does get ready with a baseball bat.  
Extended Discussion!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games