Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
anarchy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

idiotic randomness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:23 am
please correct me if i make any mistakes(either then spelling just the veiws please but your welcome to it)
in the theory of anarchy their is little to no goverment am i right,
but also in theory wouldnt their be still a form of heirarchy simular to a goverment because you would find people with simular interests to your own, and their will be a chain of command. yes i know that it wouldnt be a established form of goverment but lets take a look at the animal kingdome for a second they dont have govements but they have a established heirarchy
so what i am trying to say is their will be no true anarchy in the universe unless all humans rarely interact with each other  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:54 am
As far as I understand it, yes, that's about the sum of it. True anarchy would more or less be "might makes right," with people banding together for different causes and beliefs, then gunning down people that don't agree with them, or seeking protection from people who would gun them down. As you can see, it's not terribly different from what we have today.

Discussion: ANARCHY
> What are its inherent pros and cons?
> How does it fit in with the scope of human society?
> Is it a feasible concept?

And we're off!  

Cornelius loh Quatious

idiotic randomness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:33 pm
the pros and cons that i can imeditatly identify for anarchy are as follows
pro:you can do what you want with out the police breathing down your neck
cons: people will be stupid and use force to get what they want if you dont agree the same way they do
how it fits in withhuman society is the want/need to get freedome in society
i find anarchy a bad idea the reason being becuse the goverment is supposed to be their to help the little guy excell or at least survive
i can see how many people would think its a good thing but i dont think they see the negatives that could dome with such a decision. for example a guy could just burst into their sanctuary(home) and do what they want and the only thing that will stop the attacker would be morals.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games