Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Computers & Video Games
Scary games

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scary games
  Are scaaaaaaaarrrrry.....
View Results

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:48 pm
I've only played a few horror games in my time, so my opinions are certainly limited. So I was wondering what your favorite survival horror game(s) are and why.

Personal favorites of mine are:

-Resident Evil 4. Finally doing something about that stupid camera from the other games, souped up graphics and sound, and a new story with some familiar faces, Resident Evil 4 is great fun to play. Fast and intelligent enemies take over from the slow, lumbering zombies of old, meaning you have to be quick on the trigger to survive. A nice puzzle system rounds the experience off.

-Doom 3. I swear, after a few levels I had trouble sleeping. The uber-strong lighting and shadow engines allow for incredible atmosphere. And with zombies and demons popping out of every wall, waiting behind every corner, or just spawning in at the worst possible moment, coupled with creepy audio logs from the former inhabitants and soldiers makes this game a joy to be scared by.

-System Shock 2. Even 7-8 years after its original release for the PC, System Shock 2 is still scary as hell. Audio that even by todays standards are great brings the haunted halls of the Van Braun (the starship it takes place on) to horrible life. It also features the audio log system that inspired Doom 3. If you're looking for the action of a shooter, the freedom and character building of an RPG, and a positively chilling story and atmosphere, System Shock 2 is highly recommended for you. It may take a bit of work to get it to run on a computer that doesn't support DOS, but it's totally worth it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:07 pm
Here's the list to the scary games I played:

Quake 4: the plot is creepy, and I absolutely hate the underground zombie level...

Silent Hill 3: the foggy environment just creeps me out, along with the strange noises from the walkie-talkie whenever a monster is nearby.  

Legendary_ONE

Evylgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:25 pm
F.E.A.R. is sort of freaky if you have the lights off and you are alone ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:32 pm
hmm the last scary game i've played was Resident Evil i couldn't sleep for weeks!! xp gonk  

narutophx

Toan Embers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:38 am
The last game I played...I should say tried to pay...that got me scared was DOOM. Not Doom 3, DOOM. The original. I could handle watching others play it, but when I tried, that feeling of constant fear never left me. I could never even get to the first monster.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:23 pm
I love scary games. Doom 3 and Resident Evil are my favorites. 4laugh

My favorite Resident Evil is the first one, with the fourth being a close second. Resident Evil 2 was pretty decent but the third one blew; although I do like Jill Valentine I thought the overall game left a lot to be desired... and I was sick of zombies and freaking Nemesis popping up everywhere. Once I kill something I expect it to stay dead.

Doom 3 is scary as hell. 'Nuff said.  

Jellybeaner

partyboy49

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:56 am
all doom games they're really easy 2 beat though

the suffering:you never know when the damn monsters are gonna jump out.

quake 2 for ps1 was alright  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:44 pm
Erggg...has anyone played Fatel Frame?(any of the 3)

Now thats scary....

There are some things in that game that cant be killed...so all you can do is run away....and its just creepy..

Haunting Ground was also a scary game....ALL you COULD do in that game was run away....  

lycanth_the_lycanvamp

nick baffa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:05 am
nightmare hill

silent hill

fatal frame 2  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:12 pm
Silent Hill FTW  

ZiR23

Computers & Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff