Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
Roleplay-o-Roleplays: Mer de Gælio-Now open! APPLY NOW! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll?
Vote!
100%
 100%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 19

Chibi-of-Doom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:55 pm
OPEN! APPLY NOW!

Rp Description:
Well...Pirates and the Sea, of course!

---
Countries, their Capitals, and their Colonies:
The Saxon Crown:
Rozenquartz (Sax)-The Capital of the Saxon Crown/Largest Magecraft academy in this region/ Second in the world
Whitehaven (Sax)-White sands/Lots of mines
Lady's Port (Sax/the unnamed one in the south east)
Portsmouth (Sax)-Large Naval base
Williamsport (Sax)-Famous for wine
-
Republic of Gaul:
Ville de Chateau (Gaul)-Capital of Gaul
Fort D'Orignaux (Gaul) (Literally Moose Fort... >.> I was running out of names)-Cold and boring
La Femme (Gaul)-Famous for...brothels
Le Port De L'Espirit (Gaul)-University/Wine/Large Naval Base
--
Kingdom of Espan:
Nueva Energia (Esp)-Second Largest Magecraft academy in this region
Principe (Esp)-unknown
Amante (Esp)-Large Naval Base
Fuerra (Esp)-Capital of Espan
---
Contested Lands:
Feu (Gaul/Esp...they are warring over it.)-High Technology..lots of Airships
Ville d'Or (Gaul/Esp...they are warring over it.)-City of Gold
Oscure (Gaul/Esp...they are warring over it.)-Unknown
Porta Piratas (Unruled/Esp/Sax)-Party place
Puerto Rico (Independent/Sax...current talks and a lot of hired thugs on both sides)
------------------
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:58 pm
Da Rules:
BEGIN!
1.) All who break the rules will be pwnd.
2.) No cybering cuz, frankly, its kinda creepy on a forum.
3.) No insulting the monkey *points to the monkey*
3.5.) No killage of another character unless you get permission from ME first... (Permission=Beat them Fairly go ahead/Permission does NOT=I don like you...Uber attack..now you die)
5.) Be nice and don't be mean to any n00bs who might participate. Its OK to point out some errors, but don't be so frigging a**l about it. I mean, seriously, I rp to have fun. Not put others down because we were *ALL* n00bs at one time -.-
4. (i forgot 4...eheheh)) There is no rule 4.
6.) You better follow the guild rules *AND* GAIA Tos..or I'll poke your eye out with a hot McDonald's chip...err...French fry.

Sample Single Character Application Form:

Name:
Description (Optional if You have a Picture):
Bio (optional):
Weapons (Optional):
Picture (Also optional):
Username:

Sample Ship Application Form (Individual Character sheets are not needed if you submit this. Just include the Crew/Captain:

Ship Name:
Ship class: (There are three classes of ship in this world. In order of size-Galleon, Avenger, Dominator)
Armament (Optional):
Captain:
Crew #1:
Crew #2:
-ect, ect-
Special features of ship:
Brief History (Optional):
Username:

-
Fill one of these out out and PM it to me wiv the subject "Arr! Rp-o-Rps' and I will add you as soon as I can.

Bulletin Board:

Friday the 2nd of March, 2007/ Diam de Frigg al 2 Mon Yggdrasil (Mar-ken), 3670 A.S.Y.
You know, I really hope this RP to be as fun as my other one, so Ima post some resources for you non-pirates to get into the whole pirate character thing startin' wiv this: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

This is a nifty translation tool...cuz you know, two of the countries speak different languages..

And also, if your character speaks English, and you want them to have a cool or funny accent (Like Rik and Hideki's Cockney accent or Charles' Geordie accent) you should try this site: http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/

Love, Jer t3h Panda Bear

User Image  

Chibi-of-Doom

Chibi-of-Doom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:09 pm
Character Information:
-------
Ships and their Crews:

Ship Name: The Archangel's Rebellion
Ship class: Avenger (highly modified Saxon Royal Navy battleship)
Armament: 12 standard issue Royal Saxon Navy (6 on Port, 6 on Starboard) plus two forward and two aft cannons. When in Airship mode: Cannons plus bomb-launching mechanism.
Captain-
Name: Captain Rik Lassiter
Description:
Bio (optional): Rik Lassiter was born to Captain Jonathan Lassiter and his First Mate Jean Longbow. As soon as he was old enough, he was out with his parents learning their way of life. Then when he was 22, his Parents decided to retire in Rozenquartz, and left him the ship. Upon becoming Captain, he fired all but four of the crew members.
Weapons (Optional): He can do simple elemental magics, but he prefers to use his father's dual pistols and a Katana one of his crew's grandfather forged him.
(See Hideki's Picture)
-Crew #1-
Name: Charles S. Lassiter
Description: Tall and silent. He would give his life for Rik and the rest of the Crew
Bio: Not much is known about Charles' past. He is the older brother of Rik's father, and was with him when he left the Royal Navy to become a Pirate. He is the First Mate.
Weapons: A giant cutlass; his fists
Picture:
(See Hideki's Picture)
-Crew #2-

Name: Hideki (Last name not known)
Description: Cunning, smart-assed
Bio: Hideki 's grandfather came from the East when Hideki was just an infant. He raised him to be a sailor and to love the sea, but to also be strong and assertive. Rik and Hideki became friends when his grandfather died.
Weapons: Rifle, pistols, the ship's armament, black powder.
Picture (From left to right-Charles, Rik, Hideki):
User Image

Crew #3-
Name: Lindsay Wallace
Description: Just as assertive, stubborn, and smart-assed as Hideki.
Bio (optional): Lindsay became a pirate during Rik's father's last year as captain of The Archangel's Rebellion. She was young, but she was accepted (mainly because of Rik's pleading) and set up as the chef. Its her fault they are crappy pirates: She feeds them too well.
Weapons (Optional): Frying pan, throwing knives, glare, gun, sword, boobs...
Picture (Also optional):
User Image

Special features of ship: At the flip of a switch, the ship can convert into an airship.
Brief History (Optional): The ship is basically a heavily modified Saxon Royal Navy battleship. Rik inherited it from his father who was also a Pirate.

Player: Chibi-of-Doom
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Name: Known only as L'Ombre (French for 'The Shadow')

Bio (optional): Hardly lenient and always matter-of-factly, she won't stand for licentious customers at her tavern in Rozenquartz, The Pheonix Nest, located between the glassblowers' and the market street. She has a part-time job melding and designing swords, so she fits in time to practice swordplay with her creations. She also finds time after closing her tavern for the night to visit the glassblowers' and knows a few tricks of the trade. Her past is vague, but one thing is clear to her; she wants to one day know the feeling of being a marauder and sail the Mer De Gælio to discover new lands she only hears through rumors.

Weapons (Optional): Just her prized scimitar she has ready behind the bar.

Picture (Also optional): User Image

Side Note: L'Ombre's profile may change over time.

Player: [Daikon~Rage~Haru] and HarukoBrave

Name: Rotcudes Guaridas
Description (Optional if You have a Picture): A Siren of the most predilective sort, and decked in full captain's garb - all a deep hue of crimson, amber eyes framed by ebon hair, lends the Seductor a most endearing appearance.
Bio (optional): Born to the Sea, Raised from the Sea, Lives on the Sea
Weapons (Optional): Two Parasitic Blades
Picture (Also optional): (none)
Player: --[illusory]
Name: Daniel Nevers

Description: Strong at heart and never gives up, Daniel has always been a bright young man, yet traumatized by the torture of the Deranger crew, he became aphasiac (unable to talk). He has a hard time communicating his feelings despite this. However, he tries his best to smile and be happy for even the smallest reasons. He wears an eyepatch over his right eye to hide the scar the captain of Deranger gave him just before his parents were murdered, and it acts as a reminder of what horrible luck he has.

Bio (optional): Having witnessed his parents murder and forced into piracy by a lowly band of pirates at the age of 9, Daniel became the cabin boy for the now dissolved Deranger. A year after, Deranger was seized by the Saxon Naval officers, and all but himself were charged with death; He was found innocent, yet they had to hold him in Portsmouth for safe measures. At the age of 12, he was released and brought to Rozenquartz, yet by some mishap, his shackles were never taken off. Just as the naval ship came into port, he was suddenly thrown overboard by a swell that rocked the ship and thought to be dead. His legend of courage was spread and told by the naval officers, yet none realize that the very young man is still alive and now wandering the streets of Rozenquartz.

Weapons (Optional): None

Picture (Also optional): User Image
Player: [Daikon~Rage~Haru] and HarukoBrave
Name: Charles Gibbs
Description (Optional if You have a Picture): Big and bad a**
Bio (optional): Charles Gibbs is a pirate. More specifically the head cannonier of one of the most notorious pirate crews ever to sail. All of his companions were caught and put to death, but when the execution squads of Portsmouth came to him they found he was too thick to shoot, too tough to beat to death, too solid to shock, and worst of all, to stupid to keep around for information. They locked him up in the deepest darkest cell, nothing more then a hole in the ground with bars. For years he simmered and brooded in that hole, slowly he put together a plan to break out, and one day he was ready.

The guard who usually dropped slop through the slit in Gibbs' door found himself with one less arm then usual the day he broke out. Gibbs however didn't even leave a trail beyond his bent bars. Most of the guards think he just drown trying to get away, but no body was recovered.

Gibbs was in fact still alive, and swimming. Swimming was not hard for him, he could even keep up with currents for a few hours. Gibbs was all muscle and very little mind. He shimmied up a ladder at the dock at Rozenquartz, starving, dehydrated, and with little to no idea what to do next. His whole life had been dictated by his captain, and he grew accustomed to the way things were. MAybe here he could find a new captain, not nearly as good, but one who would at least know what he should do. He decided to find one.
Weapons (Optional): Muscle, Giant shoulder-mounted cannot
Picture (Also optional):
Username: MrJimmy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:22 am
[Reserved]

[Daikon~Rage~Haru]

Chibi-of-Doom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:51 pm
Bump for great Justice!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:44 pm
o.o Wow, you actually got the pirate rp going. Wewt! <3  

[Daikon~Rage~Haru]

--[illusory]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:50 pm
{{Rotcudes pwns your face.}}

(Best get ready.) wink  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:14 am
Woah, wait, anime-esque Pirate camp? I think I mgiht be in, let me read this whole thing and ponder a charactor. I hope this is still going on. eek  

MrJimmy

Chibi-of-Doom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:57 pm
I know what I doing.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:17 pm
(AND IT BEGINS!)
10 years ago...

Rik Lassiter gazed up at the starry skies. They seemed to draw him into their vast expanse. But that was not all. To Rik, the sky was an ocean much like the one he was sailing on. The stars were like the many ports...the constellations the great sailors of the old legends who died and whose ashes were thrown to the great blue sea. Rik was so deeply drawn into his stargazing that he failed to notice the small hand that rested itself on his shoulder or the soft voice of his mother telling him that his watch duty was over and she was going to take over. He didn't react. He just gazed upon the second sea.

Present time:
Year-3670 Arrian Standard Years
Location-The lost western sea of Mer de Gælio

Captian Rik Lassiter gazed up at the starry skies. They seemed to draw them into their gem-like expanse. They were like the countless gems that were locked deep within a tax collector's ship. They were there, just waiting for him and his crew to take them and sell them and live the rich life...But right now, he felt like singing:

"Oh! Blow the man down, bullies. Blow the man down.

And his crew of three replied in unison:

"Way! Hey! Blow the man down!"

And so the crew joined into singing the chorus of the song (they were to drunk to remember the rest of it) as The Archangel's Rebellion made its way out from Puerto Rico and on to Rozenquartz. The night was warm as is usual in this part of Pan Xian, and the deep midnight colour of the night sky could be seen in all her star-speckled and full moon glory because of the absence of clouds. A perfect night for a "successful raid" party. Puerto Rico has been negotiating the terms of its independence from The Saxon crown for over fourteen years. During this time honest sailors like Rik (Who for some reason or another were branded pirates) would just wait for the most opportune moment and make their strike. It was simple maths, in all reality, and in the midst of the simplicity, he found himself s richer man. In fact, he found himself a much drunker AND richer man who happened to sing:

"Oh! We are much richer and...we are much richer!"
("Way! Hey! Blow the man down!")
"Oh! We took all their money and gave them the slip."
("Give us the time and we'll blow the man down!")

"All of the mates under the great Captain Rik!"
("Way! Hey! Blow the man down!")
"Will get their rum...AND FALL ON THEIR BUM!"
("Give us the time and we'll blow the man down!")  

Chibi-of-Doom

[Daikon~Rage~Haru]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:41 pm
(I revised my character! n,n")

L'Ombre stares up in awe at the large expanse of night looming over her small and now quiet world as she locks up for the day after the last customer swaggers off down the road, singing merrily to himself and almost tripping over his own feet. She caught herself chuckling at him as she heads for the entrance leading into the glassblowers'.

Light pours out onto the street from the glassblowers' dingy windows and cast dancing shadows from glass knick-knacks set on the 'showcase sill', as the owner calls it, to show off his best works. As she comes under the tanned awning, she suddenly leans out of the path of an oncoming malformed vase. To her surprise, it doesn't smash as it skids off the cobblestone and lands in the opening of an alley on the otherside, disappearing into the darkness.

"Looks as if somebody needs to take a breather," she mutters to herself as she steps into the basking light and shuts the heavy oak door behind her, leaving the vacant street in night...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:14 pm
T'would be glorious, the arrival of the Siren upon the open ocean, fingertips cascading through ebon hair - heralding the coming of the Seductor. He, Rotcudes Guaridas, terror of the high seas, would come forth to terrorize a new age of pirates. Parasitic fins stretched from webbed feet, as the Siren surfaced beside a small ship, amber eyes narrowing only a moment before he would dive again.

There would be plenty of time for the feast.

The Siren could wait.  

--[illusory]

MrJimmy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:06 pm
((My character hasn't been added to the roster yet, but Chibi's had a look at him, so I'm going to make my first post now.))

Gibbs was confused. This happened often. He knew what he needed, these things were obvious even to one as slow as he (it helped that he had the whole day to devise exactly what they were). He needed something to eat, and he needed some place to sleep.

He had found fresh water, so his head no longer hurt, and he had been observing food all day. As he walked, he toward over many people, and observed them buying and selling fruit... vegetables... meat... He wanted meat. He could feel it in his mouth, hot and juicy... mmm, meat. He would give anything for some right now.

Gibbs trudged down the alleyway as the city dwellers wound down for the night. He thought about his hammock back on his former ship, and the clean spot on the ground in his former prison cell. That was where he would like to sleep This place didn't have a bed that was his, but it had many beds. He thought about stealing one, but didn't think it would help him to much.

He settled for an ally, between what looked like a glass shop and a tavern. He set his cannon down against the wall and leaned on it as he drifted into sleep for the first time in weeks.

((I placed myself near another character's location, I hope that's okay with everyone.))  
RP/Game

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff