Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
Rynith's Teepee (Malis Vitterfolk) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:26 pm
Where the mountains meet the meadows - Tempest and Hydro

FallenRockGirl07
Hyrdo: *Peeks around at everyone not sure whether or not to say hi* >.>

Amirynth

Tempest: Why hello there! *saunters forward*

FallenRockGirl07
Hydro: Hello. *Eyes Tempest with wary eyes*

Amirynth
Tempest: *Smirks and edges forward* Awww now there, no need to be wary, no harm will come to you. You are in the company of quite the most handsome stallion here!

FallenRockGirl07
Hydro: *Raises a brow and shakes her head a bit* I see. You sir are quite the talkative type aren't you. >.> *Stares for a moment* What is your name? Your very...arrogant, but don't take that in a bad way. I don't mind.

Amirynth
Tempest: I am known as Tempest! *makes a low bow before tilting his head to the side* And there must be a name that is equal to the beauty that stands before me? *With a flick of his tail to show off his feathers he smirks again* Arrogant I may be, but it is not without due cause.

FallenRockGirl07
Hydro: Tempest is a very pretty name. I have never met someone with such a name. Yes there is. My name is Hydro. It's nothing special, but I believe I was named it for the blue that stains my body and hair. *Nods before snorting and looks at him more fully* You are right. *Smiles slightly*

Amirynth
Tempest: Hydro? Hydra is a beast of serpentine origins. I once had a dalliance with one, very beautiful but she did not like the mountainside that I call my home. *He gave a shrug as if not to worried about it* Your name could also mean water, as is mine. Tempest is another name for a storm. *seems quite proud of that fact*

FallenRockGirl07
Hydro: Oh really? It sounds quite terrifying. At least you made it out okay right? Nothing bad happened? *Flicks her tail and snorts a bit* Yes probably am named after water because of my blue color. Oh yes now I remember what a Tempest is. Yes it's a very pretty name for someone like you. I can tell you are proud of such a name. *Nods* So what brings you out in this dark night?

Amirynth
Tempest: "It was not too terrifying, she was more lazy than anything. Content with just minding her own time in the warmth of the sun. Beautiful yes, I would never even consider one who was not to grace my side but I much prefer the more active mares. So much more fun and interesting." He snorts before adding, "One day I shall find a filly who loves to fly such as myself but until that day I am content to dally amongst the grounded especially if they are as beautiful as yourself."

XxPrimevalPandaxX
Hydro looked at the male more hearing his tale feeling only a little jolt of excitement mainly because she wasn't really emotionally stable. All her feelings were hidden so it was hard for her to open up to just anyone including this stallion. "Oh so she was rather dull? Such a waste really. I don't understand why that happens." She told him before shaking her mane a little trying not to think to much on things from her past. She was once fun, but not anymore. She was just a big ice statue. Looking back to him after hearing the compliment that broke her silence, a slight glare formed pointing directly at Tempest. "Well I hope there is a female that is as of equal stature to you." She told him snorting a little at the compliment before flicking her tail in aggitation. She kept quiet only glancing to the male briefly not sure what else to say since she was never good at talking to others.

Amirynth
Tempest: The stallion chuckled lightly. "Oh don't worry, She was interesting in her own right. Quite fond of riddles, rather brilliant in fact. I am quite content to spend time with others, even the grounded. You all have so many interesting qualities." He glanced out over the meadow before grinning. "Come on, I may have wings, but I have hooves also. You must see this..." He started trotting across the grass, looking back to see if she would follow him.

XxPrimevalPandaxX
Hydro heard the stallion chuckle making her snort before looking away again not sure why those who didn't have one quality possessed another. "Oh i see. Well at least she has something she could fall back on I suppose." She shrugged before hearing him and raising her brow slightly seeing him trot off. At first she didn't know if she even wanted to follow him, but then again she was actually enjoying his company for some reason. "I hope it's worth it." She said and the comment wasn't out of laziness, but out of annoyance. She rarely went off the track she set for herself. She wasn't one for surprises and lived by a schedule. Trotting after him, she looked around for some kind of amusement hoping Tempest had the right mind to bring her here.

Amirynth
Tempest:"I can assure you that it will be worth it." He smirked a little, "I have very high tastes, the ordinary is never enough for myself." He continued to trot forward, working his way down the dirt path and reaching the river near by. Turning towards the river, he followed the direction of the water until it reached a point where the world seemed to drop. "Ahh, here we are. This is one of my favorite places to chat." The stallion looked out over the view, the land spread out before them. "If you look out in that direction, you can even see the ocean."

XxPrimevalPandaxX
Hydro rolled her eyes at his comment not thinking anything was worth a change of path for. "I bet you do. You seem like that type anyway." She snorted and followed him very unpleasantly down the dirth path to the river not that far away. "A river? That is what you have to show me." She snorted once more before looking in the direction he told and was amazed by it. She didn't want to show it, but she couldn't help a smile that crept up on her muzzle. "It is the ocean..I have heard about it when I was little from my parents, but I only seen ice. Never seen a lot of flowing water where I came from. This is a sight to behold in my opinion." She told him with her smile fading a bit as she realized what she was doing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:27 pm
First day out... - Solemn and Viper

-MoomoolatteCha-
Viper: *snorts and flicks her tail glaring at the stallion*

Amirynth
Solemn: *chuckles* You know, if you are not careful your expression will stay that way. It is not becoming on you.

-MoomoolatteCha-
Viper: *just stares at him*Well...My face is like this originally...*snorting she opened her wings and folded them back up*

Amirynth
"My condolences..." Solemn makes a short bow before looking off into the distance. "Though they do say a sour temperament sometimes can hide better?" He glances back, "As I am to share your company, I do hope that this shall be the case."

-MoomoolatteCha-
"What do you mean exactly?" She looked at him and blinked a little." Company sounds nice..I can be a nice one. All depends.." Raises a brow.

Amirynth
"The sign of good company is a desire to enjoy time spent with another." He waves a hoof with an unconcerned air. "This usually means a smile or two, or at least an exchange of names?" Raising an eyebrow he eyed the windserpant before continuing. "It is the mark of pleasurable occupations." Slowly he grinned, sharp teeth gleaming in the sun.

-MoomoolatteCha-
Viper nodded slightly."I see.Well this Scaley girls name is Viper.Its a pleasure to be here with you."She gave a small smile and fluffed her wings.

Amirynth
"Welcome Scaly Viper. I see the sky is blue, would you agree?" He gives a casual glance upwards as his flicks his tail from side to side, his toothy grin never faltering. "I have heard that this could be quite a pleasant weather condition if it does not rain. Do you like rain?"

-MoomoolatteCha-
"It is very blue indeed."She stared to growl lightly when he still had his fangs out."I love rain,but hail is the worst it hurts my poor wings."Viper raised a brow a him,standing there she just kept her eyes on him.

Amirynth
He arched an eyebrow once more before examining his hoof. "Ahh, yes I can see how your wings can be rather... delicate. Don't you find them to be a hindrance?" The feline was mostly still, his tail still lashing behind him.

-MoomoolatteCha-
"My wings aren't much of a bother.They are more...help full than anything."She watched him."Doesn't your Armor get in the way?"Viper grind some.

Amirynth
"I find that the benefits much outweigh the encumbrance." He stretches slowly, "I find the added weight can be a challenge that I excel in. Strength and endurance is always a prized trait don't you think?."

-MoomoolatteCha-
Viper watched the stallion. "Maybe." Nodding a bit she listened. "Good traits, But i think strength and being able to fly is a plus for me." She gave a grin.

Amirynth
"Ahh but you need wings to fly while even without armor I still have strength and power. I do not need such adornments." He gives her a larger grin, "Especially as they seem to be rather large targets if you were to be attacked... In case you ever made enemies."

-MoomoolatteCha-
Viper rolled her eyes quietly. Snorting at his comment she growled. "If i do make enemies... I'll prepare myself in some way. I'm not really a fighter unless i have to..." She stood there stretching her wings out and quietly listening.

Amirynth
Solemn shrugs. "Suit yourself. I used to be a healer in my time and well..." He grins slowly, "you can see how well that worked out. They say power is corrupting? I believe it is plain jealousy on the part of the ones who do not have said power."

-MoomoolatteCha-
"We all have our own special traits.Our own special ways of defending ourselves."Nodding and kinda giving a chuckle she spoke."Indeed."Viper looked at the stallion with his big grin.

Amirynth
"Indeed..." The saber flicked his ears, "Some special traits are better than others but I guess you can put it that way."

-MoomoolatteCha-
Viper grined."Hehe.I suppose so."She started to walk around him flicking her tail.

Amirynth
He eyes her as she walks around him before bringing his head down to her height. "Admire from afar, there is such a thing as personal space." His tail lashes out behind him as his back almost seems to arch.

-MoomoolatteCha-
"I'm out of your personal space, I'm not even close to you.."She growled and bared her teeth standing a bit away from him.

Amirynth
Head still lowered he sneered back, "You have an interesting way of staying civil. What happened to the illuminating conversation?" The fur on his tail smoothed down slightly.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:32 pm
On a hunting morning - Súileabhán and Viper

Amirynth
The sun was still low in the air when Súileabhán stalked out of the campsite they had made last night. Zandali was still asleep, it had been a long day of traveling, she knew she was nearing home and had pushed further than before. Súile shook out his mane and trotted to a near-by branch of the river to get a drink. He leaned over and gazed at the water, fish tempting him. It was high time he went on a hunt, foraging was ok for her but he craved meat, maybe it was time he tried out some of the techniques he was taught by the troll tribe they had left. Stepping into the water carefully he picked a good spot, his hooves stirring up the mud a little. Peering into the water he waited for the mud to settle back down and the fish to return, entranced by his shadow.

-MoomoolatteCha-
At a distance Viper watched the stallion mess with the poor fish. He looked like a carnivore,the stallion must be craving meat by how his body language was. Shrugging she stood there watching him.Her pure white eyes went from him to the river. Water did sound good,so Viper stood and started for the river. Her wings and feathers bounced as her legs carried her towards the body of running water. "Are we struggling?" Viper asked quietly,her body going into defense mode just encase he attacked her. She was part kalona so she did know a little bit of their ways. Her other half was which made her much nicer than pure kalonas,a kirin. Dipping her muzzle into the running water she drank but kept her eyes on the kalona stallion.

Amirynth
Súile was paying attention to the fish in the water and did not notice the arrival of the mare. When the small morsels suddenly darted away he glanced in the direction of the ripples with a scowl. "I was doing perfectly fine before you showed up." Lifting his head the kalona arched a brow. "Usually hunting is done much better when there isn't another person barging in with questions. It would be polite to leave well alone." He did not feel like dealing with others this morning, especially so early in the morning. With a snort he shook out his mane again, splashing water around him before stepping out of the river. He'd have to try a different method to get breakfast.

-MoomoolatteCha-
"I must be a bother." Viper shrugged and lifted her muzzle out of the water. "I didn't think you'd catch one of those poor souls anyways." Flicking her tail she looked over at him. "Well I needed water,this was the closest place around. I didn't feel like flying." She growled lightly and kept her wings folded close to her sides. Her eyes drifted to watch the water settle after he had shortly walked out. A grin grew upon her face. "I'm not sorry for ruining your meal."

Amirynth
"Not sorry? You speak big words there." He bristled a little at her tone his tail lashing. "Lazy serpent who can't even apologize for her actions." His hunger was sharpening his temper, not that it was very long normally. He did not have the patience to deal with such a bothersome mare, deciding to go elsewhere. "I bid you good day. I do not desire to have such a weight follow me." He turned around flicked his wings, taking a few steps away from her. While he wanted to leave he couldn't leave Zandali and he definitely did not want to leave Viper to her.

-MoomoolatteCha-
"Whatever you say." Shrugging she stood there looking into the river. Grabbing a fish she threw it at him. Flicking her tail Viper looked around at the place around her. "I was..going to help you find some food.But seemingly I'm so bothersome, maybe you don't want my help. But I was willing to throw out some..sheep meat?" Starting to lay down beside the river she awaited his answer. Stretching her wings out she then folded them back up slowly to her back.

Amirynth
He was not going to let her sweet talk into his good graces with the promise of sheep but it had been a bit before he had eaten fresh meat. Zandali had it easier as she was satisfied grasses and plants and while he could survive off of the same there was a visceral desire within for better fare. Narrowing his eyes he looked back. "I shall take your offer as an apology." Glancing down at the fish offered he took it in his mouth and ate the small morsel. "Show me this sheep that you talk about. Afterward, maybe we can talk..."

-MoomoolatteCha-
Nodding quietly Viper never spoke a word. She walked past him looking at his eyes then kept walking forward. Walking at least two miles with him,they went through the forest,then past a small pond.Arriving at a small place with a herd of sheep she kept quiet. "A large amount of them here. I'm not really a carnivore,but if necessary I will eat meat."Viper stared at the largest one of them all. It looked over 150, but it had a lot of meat on its bones. Staring at the stallion she awaited for him to speak once more. "Well?"

Amirynth
He shrugged, "It'll do." The kalona lowered his head and picked out a loner that was wandering away from the from flock. A perfect target. He slunk forward, keeping his profile slow and calm. The form of a soquili was the perfect disguise and he stepped in close without a hitch. By an unspoken sense the flock started moving away but it was too late for his target. A short chase and the hunt was over quickly. Súile bent over his meal and feasted, for a moment ignoring his dinner partner. "Unafraid, they arn't usually feasted on..." He mumbled around another bite. "fancy some?" Hunger satiated he was in a much better mood.

-MoomoolatteCha-
Viper watched the stallion and gave a slight smirk. "Well well."She was amused,never seen one go after its pray besides her father killing a goat. Shrugging she nodded quietly."I would like to try at least.. if it isn't much of a bothe?" Viper pinned her ears and slowly walked towards the body and him.She was being cautious. Viper stared at the blood that she now was stepping in. Waiting for him to let her try, she kept her head down.

Amirynth
Stepping back after he was done, Súile shook out his mane and licked his lips, finishing his meal with a little bit of sweet grass. He observed the herd of sheep had moved to other, less dangerous pastures; it would be a while until they moved back to this spot. At least until their small brains forgot about it and the smell of death left the air. he thought to himself. There was still a fair amount of the sheep left but he knew it would quickly be picked off by the other scavengers in the nearby forest. He was ready to go back to Zandali but had promised at least conversation so hung around to wait for the wind serpent to eat her fill, It was only polite of course...

-MoomoolatteCha-
Viper watched his feast upon the now poor limp body. When he offered her some and when he backed away. She started to take in the meal of what was left. Blood dropped from the body and from her lips as she ate the dead animal. Her taste buds started to go wild at the taste of blood and meat from the sheep. "Its really good.." Raising her head she looked at him closely, blood running down her neck.

Amirynth
Súile nodded as she spoke, hunger satiated for the while. He looked out over the field as he waited for her to finish. After this he would catch up with Zandali, he was sure she probably left without him as it was not uncommon for the kalona to disappear during the night and she would just wander north and wait for him to show back up. The river did seem like a good destination however as he realized he was thirsty. "When you are done, we'll go back." In case she needed a reason he added, "River is back there." The remainder of the carcass could be left for other carnivores. He could already smell the scavengers waiting in the scrub for their turn.

-MoomoolatteCha-
Viper quickly finished as the stallion spoke to her.Raising her head the mare looked at the stallion."We shall head now towards the river."Viper flicked her tail and started to walk,watching around for any danger."You seem like you have something on your mind,care to tell what it is?"She looked at him out of the corner of her eye as she smiled.

Amirynth
"I have a traveling partner, we are on our way north." He didn't feel like explaining their whole life story but it wouldn't hurt if she knew the general direction they were going. "Guess it might be home, not for myself but for them." Súile shrugged as he walked by the windserpant's side. He had spent most of his life wandering, the concept of having a stationary place to call home was a new one for him. He wasn't planning on staying when he got there but the kalona had promised to see this one through and was not about to break his word at this point. Now he was satiated the stallion seemed a little less rough around the edges and his relaxed pace reflected that.

-MoomoolatteCha-
Viper started at the stallion. "I see.." Viper just listened up to what he was saying. She walked beside him as the spoke each word. The soquili that she lived at had welcomed her right into their teepee,they said,'everyone needs a home.' Indeed everyone does,but some just say no and refuse it. Shrugging Viper spoke. "Well atleast you have company right?Someone who cares about you?"

Amirynth
"I guess you can say that, it's more a manner of convenience between us. There is unfinished business there for her and I am planning on seeing the outcome." Súile had not actually considered her feelings for him. Was Zandali interested in him? She had never let on but then again she also wasn't the type to speak that often. A very introverted mare, when he had met her, Zan had been an intriguing mystery, enough to perk his interest for a long while before he decided to crack the nut and see what was inside. They had spent time together during training and she was an adept learner even if he was always going to be stronger than her; she made up for it in speed. The kalona shook his head, "No, I do not believe she cares like that... maybe as a sister..." He wasn't even quite sure if there was anything more than his own obligations that he was following her around though he did know that time changed things. Súile put that thought to the back of his mind for the moment so he could ruminate over it when he was on his own.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:40 pm
On a summers morning... - Ysiel, Sen'jin and Izusa

Amirynth
The singing of the birds had awoke Sen'jin a little later than normal. He stretched and shook out his mane of heavy dreads before starting on his daily rounds. Each morning his task was to circle the edge of the territory of the WollowGlen herd. It reached from the base of the mountain side, through a forest and followed a small river until it splashed out into the oceans. Many areas were shared with others, the open sections of river that were surrounded by the short grasses often had visitors of Soquili and critters alike. It was when a soul reached the edge of the forest that they were a little less welcome unless guided by one of the herd. The Troll stallion moved quickly, using the growing light to scan the fields and surrounding grasslands. A few unknown mares nickered at him as he galloped by but they were only offered a polite nod in greeting. Sen'jin slowed as he approached the edge of the forest looking for the path that was almost hidden completely. It was at that point his daily task was interrupted by a pale blue mare.

Ysiel slipped out of the shadows with a light smile. "I checked this area, it is all clear..." Her light voice seemed to mingle with the birds as she spoke and the mare turned so that she was walking astride the larger stallion. She knew he was the type to take his duties seriously but hoped that today would be the day that he finally accepted her report and would move on to the springs. "You know, I can fly around the glasslands pretty fast and check out those area's for you. It would make the task so much easier."

"Ysiel," Sen'jin sighed as he spoke. "Ya be knowin' that ah be checkin' all areas by mah own two eyes. it be what mah Mum be wantin' an' ah not be one t' disappoint. Ya may be tryin' t' help but what happens if ya be missin' somethin' an' someone be gettin' hurt... no, ah have t' be checkin' everywhere." He shook his head once and started down the paths that woud lead into the thicker areas of the WollowGlen forest. Something had put him on edge but he couldn't quite shake it...

Sayuri_Nitta
User Image

Izusa drifted amongst the tree trunks, moving for now with no particular purpose. She was neither particularly hungry nor feeling the urge to hunt for that moment but she was quietly alert, slithering in the greenish gloom like a large silvery snake, her tail held just above the ground so that it wouldn't drag and cause noise, her hooves placed just so as she walked.

She knew the area she was in was well populated, the scents of many hung in the air and on the ground, though she'd been careful to stay out of sight whilst she was in the area, satisfying her hunger with smaller animals for the time being, prey which could be explained away as having met their end by the attack of any carniverous hunter.

It was a strategy that she'd used before in another territory and it had allowed her to kill a few of a herd's younglings before the members had really known what had truly been in their midst. She'd moved on with a great sense of vicious satisfaction. It was with such pleasant thoughts entertaining what part of her mind wasn't on the alert for any signs of movement in her vicinity.

She ducked under a low hanging branch, stopping for a short time, looking between a break in the branches at a path she could just see, her wings folded and still at her sides, ears forward as though she were an attentive hunting dog.

Amirynth
"I know but..." Ysiel looked down at her hoof as she pawed at the ground for a moment. "I wanted to help you out. maybe after we could do something. I found this really nice place by the bay..." She had been flying about and though she knew Malis didn't like coming down to the place where the river spilled into the sea, she thought that Sen'jin might like to see the caverns she found. There had been all manner of life in there, shells left by critters from long ago and even a few mer soquili could be seen from a distance. The hippogryph wasn't interested in going swimming but had been impressed with what the oceans had done to the cliff face. Ysiel knew how much Sen'jin loved to explore and wanted to share with him her discoveries.

He was barely listening to her. "Hmm... maybe later. Ah must finish mah rounds first." Shaking his head the troll stallion started off towards a thick corps of trees. The usual noises of the animals had fallen silent. This usually meant a predator was around. He would notmally not be to worried, most of the wolves and others were given access and not pestered as long as they stayed clear of the glades themselves. Nature was always one that was necessary to let it takes it's course, not enough predators meant too many if the leaf eaters. This feeling that came to him however was not such a benevolent one. He couldn't place where it came from and wondered for a moment if he was just being paranoid. "Mebby after we can see t' thing ya be wantin' t' show me yeah?" Looking up Sen'jin turned to face Ysiel, giving her a toothy grin.

Sayuri_Nitta
Izusa flicked her ears, catching sounds that seemed to indicate someone, or someones were heading in her direction. She slipped off in a circular fashion, looping around in what she hoped was a direction that would bring her behind them, her whole body attentive to every sight and sound that was ears and eyes were noticing.

She wasn't yet hunting..but she was getting there, her senses heightened and her body atingle at the thought that there might be prey worth hunting. Not that she was particularly hungry still, this would be for sport only.. she continued to move, stopping every now and then to listen and scent the air. She was sure at one point that she caught something amongst the leaf and mold and she moved towards it, hoping to catch sight of whatever or whoever she had smelt.

Amirynth
Pleased that the troll stallion hadn't run herself off, Ysiel took a few steps forward. She glanced around as if carefully searching the area but her mind wasn't there. Instead she could see the cove with the waves crashing against wet rock. While exploring there before she had seen small shells, limpets that were tightly pressed against the stone to keep the ocean from washing them away. Bending down to look under thick bramble bush she didn't notice Sen'jin move away, his attention on a shadow that worried him.

There was something there... Sen'jin was almost positive about it but the fleeting sense he had that someone was watching them had changed and he couldn't quite pick up where it had originated from. Slowly he moved forward, making it seem like he hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Keeping a casual air in hopes to fool anyone who may have been hiding from his sight. The last thing he wanted was for them to know he had sensed them, he was hoping that their movements would clue him into where the shadow had vanished to. The stallion frowned and flicked his tail not wanting to leave the area but knowing that if he didn't his promise to Ysiel would be all for naught.

Sayuri_Nitta
She could see that they were heading out into a more open area and then the element of surprise would be lost, and with an eye on the stallion she had to wonder if it hadn't already.

Izusa moved forwards swiftly, kicking off the ground, unfurling her bat-like wings and took to the sky, sculling quickly through the air, her head jabbing this way and that as she scanned the ground for a place to land just as swift as she'd taken to the air.

She dropped, diving as though she were a bird of prey, swooping and landing at the mouth of the river, hooves digging into the softer, damped ground, her wings left unfurled and teeth bared as she stood before the approaching couple.

Amirynth
Within moments a figure was before them her wings outspread and teeth bared. Sen'jin leaped before the wind in a flash to protect her from the kalona. "Get t' others! Find Malis!" His pushed his weight down upon his forelegs as he slammed them into the ground with the intent to show this intruder that she wasn't messing with just a normal stallion. Sen'jin had been entrusted to guard the herd and he took this seriously.

Ysiel rared back in surprise as the kalona appeared before her. With a fearful look, her vision was suddenly crowded with the troll stallion as he moved to protect her. When he yelled at her she took a few steps back, knowing he was trying to protect her. But who was going to protect him?! Ysiel shook her head, determined to prove that she was just as capable as him. "I can't leave you!" She shook her head and flapped her wings once, trying to appear bigger than she was. "I'm staying to help!"

The troll shook his head but was more worried about the fangs and sharp hooves before him. He eyed the kalona mare closely, waiting for the inevitable attack. With luck she would realize she was over her head before getting herself into trouble.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:41 pm
Into the saber's den - Solemn and Blake

Amirynth
The sunny spot was nice, even though morning had already evolved into the afternoon, Solemn was not ready to move. His tail lazily swept from side to side as the saber rested, his mind turned within his own thoughts. Though the troll had wrangled a promise from him not to hunt her horde she had fulfilled her end of the bargain and his hunger was satiated for the moment. Stretching out his neck, he shook, the heavy pelt upon his back shifting into a more comfortable position. A nap sounded good right now but in this field he did not let down his guard. Pondering for a moment he remembered a certain cave near by and debated with himself if the shade would be worth the effort it would take to get there.

DemonWingedPoetGirl
User Image

Blake trotted along the winding forest path the bells at the edge of her matching blanket/scarf jangling in a pleasant way with each step. In a way that sort of made you think of a court jester being summoned to the kings throne room.
the day was hot and eventually she found her way toward a small steam. Giving her short gold-ish colored mane a toss she lowered her head to drink some cool clear steam water. Patches of sunlight that filtered down through the trees reflected off of the water and danced across her short sage green coat. She looked well traveled but far from worn out and a certain twinkle in her eyes showed that she was just waiting for the next adventure . . .or joke which ever came first.
It was in her nature to wonder and to wander far and wide. Without a care or worry she was far too used to nothing but an empty trail. Poet and her were almost to much the same connected but far too independent to be around one another for to long. There companionship was almost too distant seeming for others. . . .then when was the last time they cared about the thoughts of others?

Amirynth
Someone approached Solemn's head whipped up as he looked around for the owner of the offending noise. It sounded like bells, could be two-leggers. The saber frowned, the cave sounding like a much better option. While he was not worried about the human tribes he just didn't want to deal with them right now. The cover of darkness was a much better medium to dispatch two-leggers who encroached into his territory. With a snort Solemn flicked his tail and started away from the bells. He would have to skirt around the sound to get to the cave but first staying out of sight was imperative.

DemonWingedPoetGirl

Finishing her drink she lifted her head once more. a scent caught her nostrils.
The scent was musty so it was indeed a male however that was not what troubled her. On her trek she had heard of a saber . . .a saber Skinwalker . . . in these parts. Tossing her head to get her bangs out of her eyes he looked about.
She didn't see anything but the smell was getting stronger However she was as the water was . . .cool. Panicking never helped anyone she had learned this lesson at a young age and remembered it well.
Takening a few tentative steps away from the waters edge she decided she had best to avoid the path for now.

Amirynth
Solemn stalked around the noise frowning when it stopped. If it was two-leggers there was a good chance that something had been found. Deciding to stick to his original destination he skirted through the bushes, slinking into the corps of wood that ran along the path. Moving through the thin trees the saber kept his profile low. He could sense another lingering close but was more interested in the belled intruders.

DemonWingedPoetGirl
As opposed to her usual merry step that made her bells jangle on purpose she took to a careful and swift step instead i needed to get away from the scent. Just then as luck would have it the wind changed and she lost it no she had no idea ware it was. it was like stumbling around in the dark with with a bunch of people holding knives.
great . .. just great . . . she thought being wary of each step and each sound.
Carefully she made her way along heading toward a place she knew had rocks something she could use instead off all of these damnable trees and brush.

Amirynth
The saber made his way through the trees to the rocky out-croppings. The network of caves were close by but the one he was looking for was just off to the main side of the path. He trotted around the last of the bushes and slunk into the cool darkness of the mountain side. It was then he paused, sensing the other close by. "Who is there?" Lowering his head Solemn looked around with a frown, trying to spot the source of the disturbance. The scent was delicate, obviously feminine, and intrigued him. For a moment the two-leggers were forgotten, this new intruder was more interesting.

DemonWingedPoetGirl
The voice was deep male and something else . . .she wasn't about to take any chances.
"Um . . .something definably bigger and scarier than you are." she replied. "Sooo best keep out of my way . . .and stuff." she added quickly.
something bigger and scarier than you are? stay away and stuff? shesh nice thinking there bozo. that's real convincing. What am i retarded? she thought wishing she could face plam herself like poet did so often.

Amirynth
"Oh no a terrible, horrible demon must be approaching! What ever is a weak and small little stallion going to do." His voice had a masked humor to it as he spoke, betraying the fact that he totally didn't buy it. The saber turned towards the voice and slowly started moving forward, deciding to see the owner, if just to put a face to the brevity of the mare. Trying to school his expression he added, "You wouldn't hurt a poor, defenseless stallion now would you?" This game would be interesting for the moment, he wondered how far he could take it.

DemonWingedPoetGirl
Holy crap that worked?! her ears perked up and a smile spread across her lips. She was surprised for a moment but then her expression became rather smug. of course it worked why wouldn't it? I'am me after all.
"No promises! I'm wild-and a little crazy girrrr." she replied. Trying to give her hoof a threatening stamp like Thesh-ah did when she was getting ready to kick some serious butt. Unfortunately it sounded less like Thesh-ah's heavy battle ready clomp and more like a tap accompanied by the gentle tinkling of bells. like an elf working on a x mas toy. so she whinny-ed and tossed her mane instead trotting in a little circle.

Amirynth
Solemn heard the tinkling of bells accompanied by the light stomp and raised an eyebrow. So this was the source of the unusual noise, not the two-leggers. Keeping his voice low as if he was further away he uttered, "Crazy! I just wanted a walk through the woods, not to be chased by some big mean creature!" He turned around completely at that moment and silently moved forward until he was almost next to where the mare was circling. There he saw the green form, a large blanket hanging from her back. The small gold bells jingled with her movements making him wrinkle his nose in disgust; Solemn much preferred to be silent. Taking his last step, moving into her sight, he almost towered over her, his large bulk eerily quiet as he walked. In a low, deep voice he added "Going somewhere?"

DemonWingedPoetGirl
She looked up at him swallowing the hard lump that formed in her throat as her ears fell back in fear. It was a skin walker all right a very large skin walker and probably a very hungry skin Walker as well. He looked rather like a large furry glacier with teeth.
play it cool Blake we got this use your brains she thought takeing a deep breath to steady her nerves. you've been in tighter jams than this. well okay this is the tightest but it had to come sooner or later. I hope this works.
"YES as a matter a fact I'am!" she said confidently forcing her ears back into an upward and confident position wishing her legs worked as well as her tongue did. her feet remained planted firm.
"Its you who's not going anywhere."

Amirynth
"And why would I want to go anywhere? Here is a pretty young maiden, obviously enjoying the afternoon sun." He moved a few steps forward, his shadow falling upon her as he blocked out the little sunlight filtering through the trees. "I am sure a young delectable morsel such as yourself would want protection from the monsters who wander about. Can't be too reckless now, that is usually how creatures get hurt." Bowing low, Solemn kept his eyes on her the whole time. "I would be called Solemn, does the beautiful mare before me have such a name?"

DemonWingedPoetGirl
She cocked an eyebrow and looked about for a moment very puzzled. The whole plan flushed down the drain or rather completely derailed. She hadn't the faintest what to do now.
"umm. . . I'm Blake a pleasure I'm sure. . . and I don't mean to be rude but. . . aren't you if I'm not mistaken one of the monsters I should be seeking protection from? Not being protected by?" she asked taking a tiny step back.

Amirynth
The large saber lowered his head until it was close to hers. "Well of course but you seem to be someone who can take care of herself no?" He straightened back up and looked over to where the cavern beckoned. It could wait for now, this little one might be useful to his plan. With a toothy smile he added, "I am sure your first thought is to run away as fast as you could but might I remind you that, while very pretty, your adornments could make it a little difficult. Than and I can assure you, I am much faster." He had the air about him of one who was very sure of himself. Solemn knew that she would stick around, maybe even chat with him for a while. Then she would run and marvel about how she escaped almost certain death. No one would believe her but that was all to plan...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:03 pm
Blood red summer - Har'koa, Louqe, Rynn and Zev

Hot Lolli
User Image

Through the shadows and growing humidity of the forest soft paws ground into the dirt below. As they moved the quiet thud-thudding could scarcely be heard as Loque'Nahak and his Queen made their way through the trees. They were hunting and though the smaller size of their cat form would have made things easier; they were hunting large prey. They were hunting the equine beings that populated and overran the entirety of these lands. To the male it seemed as though the Soquili were plenty in number as a gift to himself and Har'koa. Food for the pride they would be starting together in their new home, a 'thank you' from their creator for seeing the true vision- The vision of a Walker world.

A world where the better species took it's place as rightful owners of the land and all other weaker beings were strictly for nourishment and sport.

As Loque'Nahak and Har'Koa padded silently through their lands with ears alert and muscles tense- A lazy and prideful smile crept across his maw.

StarieMichie
User Image

Stalking in the grass, Har'Koa felt alive. Something she hadn't felt for a long time. Her imprisonment had dulled her senses, made her lose some of her finesse as the predator she was. This was changing with each long stride she took. It was nice to see that some things stayed the same with time.

She felt no remorse for the prey she was hunting. There were too many of them, if anything they were helping out by thinning their numbers. Though she was sure they wouldn't see it that way. Food was not smart enough to see the bigger picture.

Looking over at Loque'Nahak, her eyes narrowed in that happy cat smile. Together, they were going to create their own path dotted with the blood of these hooved nuisances.

Amirynth
She felt like she had been traveling for days. Rynn had hardly slept as she wandered from place to place in search of the priest she called her friend. Leaving her family behind, the mare had even left her brother in her wake in hoped to catch a glimpse of Zukii. The last thought sent a pang of regret through her soul as the image of his smiling face came to her. Alaistair would probably be telling her off at this point with that caring smile on his face. He didn't like Zukii, thought she was a bad influence. At this point Rynn would have had to agree as she stumbled across hill and dale after the kirin. It would all be for naught if the flutter did not find her so she pushed on, dragging tired hoof after tired hoof.

At least she felt she could walk no more and sank to her knees. Heart beating fast in her chest, Rynn closed her eyes for a moment as her ears caught the delicious sound of water. A stream was near by, the blessed bubbling pulled at her senses and she pushed herself up to take the few steps closer to a refreshing drink.

Hot Lolli
Catching the hairs on the back of his neck rising, Loque had turned to see his mate's appreciating look. Returning the narrow-eyed gesture with a deep rumble coming from his chest he paused as his ears turned in a direction that was not Har'koa. Turning his head to follow glowing teal eyes narrowed once more, but in a much more calculating manner. There was something close by. Every inch of his body told him so as the hunter instincts silently killed any other thought in his head.

Food it whispered to him. Or danger. But that was a laugh. Nothing but his Queen was a match for him and he would never be threatened by her. He'd never give her cause to harm him.

Letting his nostrils do the work he stalked until the pale form of a flutter came into view. Though the markings on her accessories were familiar, that didn't matter to him. Flutters always tasted the best. Like the sweet, sweet, tingle of sugar to humans. He could feel saliva collect on his tongue as he spied her delicately spun wings. This would not only be easy but immensely satisfying to the palette.

With one flick of the tail, a twitch of an ear, and the tensing of his haunches as he made to stealth attack- Loque let his mate know that the hunt was on. All he needed was for her to move.

StarieMichie
Har quickly went into action at the sight of their prey. No time was wasted on things like plotting or planning; her instinct alone told her to go. Her fur rippled as the wind whipped through it. Paws touched the grass for but a moment before lifting off the ground again.

Loque was at her side, and the two of them executed the hunt perfectly. Neither of them missed a beat as they closed in.

Splitting away, Har circled around to the other side of the flutter putting it between her and Loque. Whichever way it would futility go it would be greeted by a set of teeth and claws. This would be quick. Over and done with in nothing more than a moment.

She sprung into the air, and then came down hard on the lesser beast, and her teeth sunk into its hide.

Amirynth
The river was close, she trotted forward, the chance of a refreshing drink reviving her flagging energy. Taking care to not slip as she stepped on the thick muddy banks, Rynn bent down and glanced at her reflection. Tangled red hair framed her face. While she wasn't beautiful by any measure, there was a slight grace about her. The flutter almost smiled to herself as her memories went back to her brother, he always joked that she could charm anyone if she put her mind to it... and kept her mouth shut.

She didn't even get a chance to take a sip of the cool water, instead, fire blossomed at her shoulder and she was thrown into the river it'self. Scrambling to the surface Rynn gasped for a breath of air before being pulled back under by teeth sunken into her hide. Kicking out at her unknown assailant, the flutter felt the cold water numb her shoulder as the warm mouth was torn off. Another kick felt her hooves connect to the beast that wounded her and she pushed as hard as she could trying to break free of the dangerous claws. The water rushed around them, stained red with the blood that flowed freely from her shoulder as she stumbled upon the rocks at the bottom of the river, trying to catch a grip and scramble out.

Hot Lolli
Watching the thrashing in the water, Loque paced back and forth as Har'koa and their prey fought not only each other but the water as well. He was a planner as much as she was all instincts and though his body told him to act he didn't want to make the wrong move. Snarling he continued to move back and forth.

Back and forth.

His instincts had told him to act, insistent and nagging, so act he did. He was too hungry and too restless to do anything else. Reaching his head into the churning water he pulled his mate to dry land. Let the prey wear herself out, or drown, in the water. He would be waiting. Watching her every move.

"Let her exhaust herself trying to escape the clutches of the cold water," he grumbled as he idly licked Har's pelt dry.

StarieMichie
The stupid prey's hooves made contact with her, and the force knocked Har off of it and further into the water. She hated water. With every ounce of her being, she hated water.

She floundered around for a moment while out of her element. She had been in worse situations before, but this hit her as a bit of a shock and made her slow to recover. There was a bite on the back of her kneck as her partner pulled her out of the middle of the fray and onto dry land.

Although Har appreciated being groomed, it was more than a bit embarrassing for her to need it in the first place. Shaking the water off, she sent drops onto Loque. This was only slightly intentional.

Joining in on the waiting, she watched as the blood from the flutter's wound pumped out into the blue waters. Har licked the blood off of her teeth. The sweet taste excited her, and she became anxious for more.

Amirynth
Freedom! Every muscle in her body ached for that one aspect. To live, to be free of the water that threatened to drown her. Hooves slipped in the muddy banks, dragging her down even further, her waterlogged mane and tail adding weight to already frantic motions. Feeling herself sink into the water once more, the flutter stilled her motions as reason slipped into her mind, giving her a moment of calm. Rynn gritted her teeth against the pain in her shoulder, finally finding purchase in the stones and pulled herself up and out of the water. There was no way she could run in this state, the flutter felt her useless wings hang by her side, the water weighting them down. Sides heaving she turned to face her attacker, the mare who already drew first blood. Her eyes widened as she saw the other, a larger stallion, standing beside the female.

Skinwalkers!

She only knew the legends and shuddered as she saw the worst of them standing before her with only a small river between them.

Hot Lolli
Loque stopped his idle grooming as soon as the churning in the water had ceased. Stepping closer to the river, he watched as the swirls of mud that indicated where the flutter was moving progressed to the other side. The interesting mix of blood and mud was slightly fascinating and he watched in hunger as the small mare drug herself out of the water.

"Pity you didn't drown," he rumbled at her from deep within his throat. "It would have saved you a much worse fate, little treat."

Trepidation at possibly landing in the water slowed his assault for a split second before he leapt over to pace in a semi-circle about the flutter. He knew his mate would be there nearly simultaneously and now that first blood had been drawn, it was play time.

With that, he lashed out paw first with claws extended.

StarieMichie
Pouncing to the other side shortly after her mate, Har eyed up her soon to be dinner. She backed up slowly and let Loque close in. It was his turn to have fun. He had been nice enough to pull her out of the river, after all.

Salivating as she watched, she wanted it to be over so they could feast, but yet she knew it would be more enjoyable the longer they dragged it out. This mare's suffering would only bring them joy. Ah! The sweet smell of fear was in the air.

Amirynth
Rynn backed up as best she could, blood seeping from the bite on her shoulder. She glanced around her, looking for a way out. All that surrounded her was trees and a thick underbrush. A small path lead away to the right and she had to make a quick decision, to run or to stand. She couldn't run for long, her small stature was no match to their powerful muscles and claws. Maybe she could get lost from them in the underbrush but in the state she was there was little chance of it. The flutter felt herself tremble as the cold water dripped from her mane and tail. She had to think of something fast!

Backing up she aimed herself for the shallow passage way, feverishly hoping that it would lead out to freedom. Rynn felt a branch crack beneath her hoof as she slowly moved backwards, trying to seem braver than she felt. "D-d-don't c-c-come any c-c-closer!" Fearfully her stutter came back even worse than usual as the terror welled up on her chest. Some how she had to find a way out of this or there was little chance of surviving.

Hot Lolli
Aw, it stuttered too. Knowing that they had won, Loque had all the time in the world now to play with her. A rumbling purr poured out of him as he continued to pace around her. The occasional claw swipe would catch her and he stopped moving long enough to lick the blood from his paw.

"Mmmm." It was less than necessary but the look on the flutter's face as she moved nervously away from him was worth the drama. As she inched closer and closer towards the path the more and more the catwalker stallion smiled. This was his territory. His home since they had found their way to these lands and Loque'nahak knew every inch of them. She was going no where he wouldn't be able to get to.

Still purring he nodded towards the woods. "Run little one. Make a brave attempt." He was goading her, he knew and he hoped she knew it. "My partner and I will find you wherever you go... But let's make it fun." With that, he stood perfectly still and watched.

Just watched.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:13 pm
So you want to meet a troll... - Aellopus, Siegfried and Tai'jin

Eikkie
User Image

Days had passed since Aellopus started out on her way back to Durotar, along with Sir Siegfried. The sun was blaring down on her, and she could feel her feet getting tired, and she looked out to the horizon, to see if there was any chance of finding water, and some shade, to rest in.

Damn. She thought to herself, when she saw only water, no shade. She sighed. Might as well take it, could be the last water she'd see for a long time. Her head gave a sharp, short pain, and she winced. She really needed to get hydrated again. She moved quickly, towards the water.

LadyNekoya
User Image

The sun beat off of Siegfried's armor. It heat him up twice as much as if he'd just been standing in the sun. Pausing for a moment while Aellopus checked the horizon Siegfried gave a good hard shake off, the pieces of metal noisily clanking against one another. The air that came in with the shake off though had a seemingly cooling effect on him.

His head turned to Aellopus when he saw her take off towards something, "Did you find something?" Noticing her heading towards the water he picked up his pace so he could get there faster, his tongue felt so rough and dry.

Amirynth
Tai'jin had spend most of her days searching. Over the mountains and through large open plains, she felt like she had been walking forever but still she did not desist. After that fateful arguement with her mother she lost her only daughter. Icarus had decided to look after their son as she turned north to lands of snow in case Zandali had ran off that way. She had been worried about the small foal and yet still she searched though her daughter was probably grown up by now.

If she was that small when she ran away she would be dead by now

Tai shook her head as the familiar whispers taunted her. No, that couldn't be! Though she did not look it, Zandali was still of troll blood. She would find a way to survive. Turning, she looked up at the horizon. The troll mare had chosen north at first but after months of journeying, the south was now her destination. Kicking up dust as she traveled, Tai conserved her strength knowing about the desert and how easy it was to dehydrate. She noticed a small patch of water and a lone tree in the distance and decided to aim for that. At least then she could have a change to rest before the next leg of the journey, the spirits had been whispering stronger now, Tai hoped that meant she was reaching the end of her search.

Eikkie
Aellopus snorted. "Water, silly. Can't you smell the reeds around it?" She teased. "I mean, any normal knight would be able to." Her senses could tell her something odd would happen today, but she couldn't place a finger on it.

She looked at him, with an odd look. "Do you smell something foul around here?" She asked him. It had suddenly began to remember things about her flock. About the death. She shuddered, and took another breath, and noticed the scent. "Trolls."

LadyNekoya
He took a deep breath taking in the air, he could smell it now. It was quite the different scent to be mixed in with the somewhat stale air and the heat you could almost swear you could smell. "There is water..." He nodded his head.

At the mention of something foul he stopped and gave a hard look at the area around them, at the moment he could see nothing but he wasn't from these parts. His eyes untrained to know the dangers of the harpy's homeland. "Trolls? Here?" His eyes fell upon here. Though they'd been walking for some time it felt quite sudden to of come across one.

Amirynth
The water, though warm from the high heat, was refreshing to her parched lips. Tai'jin shook out her mane as she looked out over the horizon. Pointing herself to the south she was about to start back on her way when she noticed a surprising sight. To the east stood a pair of soquili, one stallion alongside a mare who at first glance reminded her of Tempest until she realized her wings were upon her legs. Curious, the troll was almost tempted to wander over there and say hello but it had been a while since she had been social and Tai wasn't quite sure she wanted to start now. Deciding to take the middle road she stayed put to see if they would walk her way. As she waited, the large blue mare bent down to take another sip of the spring.

Eikkie
She snarled at Siegfried. "Shut up! It will hear you." She was becoming very hostile. Her feathers were ruffling up, and she wanted to spring towards her. Her eyes flicked from Siegfried to the troll, as she wandered forward. "You wanted to see a troll. Approach it, Siegfried." She hissed through her teeth. "Just be careful. They're known to bite."

She bent over to take sip from the water, and looked to the troll again. She wasn't moving towards her. She hadn't any idea they were there probably. Until she looked up at Aellopus. She hissed again, and narrowed her eyes. "I hate Trolls."

LadyNekoya
The blue mare down the way caught his eye. At yet, at the same time so did the bristling harpy beside him. Her hate for trolls was more than obvious with how she was acting. He still held no real opinion on them, having never met one or been in an area to have to "worry" about them. He turned his eyes to the harpy and nodded, "I will do so."

Giving a slight snort he made his way towards the troll. His posture was relaxed, trying to show he meant no harm. If the troll had met a knight before and had a bad run in his posture or actions wouldn't matter either way. "Pardon me." He spoke, his voice firm so that the troll would clearly hear him.

Amirynth
"Heya there..." Tai'jin looked at the pair. They were an odd couple now they had come closer. One was covered in armor of sorts while the other had wings attached to her feet. Tai wondered for a moment if she could fly before she arched an eyebrow at the ungainly look she was giving her. At least the stallion seemed a little more admirable. Giving the other mare little thought she turned to the knight. "Anythin' ah can be doin' t' help ya wit?" Her mother had always taught her to be polite to strangers, it was a pitty she had never lived up to her own teachings. The look the winged mare was using on her reminded the troll of her mother for a moment the few times Icarus had come to visit. This did not bode well for ideal circumstances.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:26 pm
Just how it glides. - Nori and Romana

_-Cheeky_Chobit-_
User Image

Nori was out on patrol once again. His normal routine this time taking him along side the river. It had been quiet these past few days, no one had dared entered the ShadowMoon Clan's territory; which was how he liked it... Sometimes. He was growing bored of silence and in fact liked a bit of spice to his day every now and again. He paused a moment, letting his two amber eyes skim the water for a sign of life. The fish had even seen him and fled. He snorted with an irritable flick from the wolf-like tail.

He could always seek out Evan but he had already noted his hiatus from the clan and had returned to his true home with the imp's. It bothered him and that was what he was trying to do. follow out violence to blanket the loss of company and a pack member - even if it wasn't for long. It kept his mind busy. Without further thought he swiftly arched his neck and clamped down on the brave creature that had crept into view within the water, pulling out his now damp head and natural coat with a dead fish grasped between his fangs. Turning he headed into the forest, hopefully to find a shaded place to eat his meal and find someone else to make a better prey out of.

Amirynth
It had been a mostly uneventful day. After seeing if she could get close to the festivities at the nearby village, Romana had managed to upturn a few barrels and decided that getting out of the vicinity was probably best. The last thing she needed was for noticed to go out about a rogue mare! She snorted, remembering the pungent odor that had drawn her to the barrels in the first place. Something made from fruit and yet it didn't end up tasting sweet at all! With a shake of her head, the mare trotted up the river bank deciding to travel a little longer before turning around and slowly making her way to the pastures she called home.

_-Cheeky_Chobit-_
Nori had found the shade, under a tree nearer the river than he had anticipated, he crunched his meal and swallowed the entirity of it whole before licking his maw of the access juices and staring out for something more interesting to catch his eye. He wasn't done and he could still feel his anger boiling inside. Betrayed, that's how he felt and little would anyone know about that since he always acted as if everything was a bother. He lifted his head, an unfamiliar scent spilling into his nostrils. He snorted, ears perked in alert. It was a natural reaction as a patroller for the pack. He stood from where he was laid and spied something shining in the sunlight. It was camouflaging into the surroundings but he could just make out that it was a mare, a regular breed of soquili. Long hair and a bone pinned in the middle of some kind of material.

His expression remained numb as he crept forward and then revealed himself to the intruder, standing in the middle of her path, glaring down at her with sharp amber orbs. His tail swayed irritably behind him as he bared his fangs and growled trying to warn her off.

Amirynth
Usually she was more cautious about her surroundings. Growing up in the swamps had taught her that and traveling around with her father had pounded it in even more. Yet still she moved on, not worrying too much where she was headed. It was a day of contemplation, more for inward reflection than outward exploration. The river looked inviting, the brisk wind of the morning had changed direction, bringing the warmth from the southern fields and with it a fresh scent of flowers. She felt a little muddle-headed as she traveled and decided to pause for a moment for at least a drink from the cool clear water. Bending down Romana watched as the fish darted away from her shadows and chuckled lightly to herself.

It was then a new shadow joined her own. Romana looked up into the face of a beast and took a few steps back. Tilting her head to the side she realized it was not a beast at all but a stallion much like herself. With a calm air she gave him a friendly smile, hoping that if she presented herself with little fear he would calm also. At least this was her plan...

_-Cheeky_Chobit-_
Nori cocked an eyebrow at the mare as she back herself up away from him, her smile confusing him. Were all the mares in this land outside his pack simple-minded and air headed? If a beast, or someone as scary and as intimidating as him appeared, you would have thought they would run at the first chance they got. He grumbled under his breath and turned his head to the water where she had been drinking from, motioning towards it slowly and also taking a mouth full of the liquid. Taking his time about it.

He didn't really enjoy the daytime or the warmth. His fur was thick enough to insulate the amount needed. When he finished he brought his head back up high and arched his neck, twisting so he was facing her once more. "What are you doing here?" He demanded more than asked. "This is the Shadowmoon Clan's territory and you're intruding on it." He stated very clearly.

Amirynth
Like her father had always told her, It is always better to put a good foot forward and yet not be aggressive. For then you can be strong and yet not push yourself into other people's boundaries This was something she hadn't had the opportunity to practice too much but she was willing to give it her all. Taking a deep breath she watched as he took a drink, keeping his movements slow. While she wanted to give him plenty of space she wasn't quite ready to leave, intrigued by his interesting look. She wondered if he was the only one like that or if he came from a family that was just as fluffy as he was. He had a look of a wolf about him and yet did not seem to be of the skinwalker type. While she had heard about those fearsome beasts she had been lucky not to meet one yet. She kept a smile upon her face to show that she meant him no harm and yet did not let her guard down completely.

At his demanding however, her eyes widened. "Oh well I am very sorry to be intruding. I did not mean to cause a fuss. I was interested in exploring the area and this place looks so lush and inviting." She moved a hoof to encompass the area she was talking about before adding. "You are very lucky to be living in such a place. It would please me much to see more if that will not be too much trouble for you."

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:28 pm
Secret meetings. - Jirani, Sen'jin and Amirynth

Nori Ishida
User Image

It had been a very long time since he had ventured down from the mountains that he and his family called home. He didn't know what it was that brought him down today...perhaps it was the changing seasons, or the sudden burst of life that came with the summer, or just the fact that he was becoming more and more lonely every day. For whatever reason, he had found himself descending the mountains early in the morning, just as the sun was rising. It had taken him longer to reach the bottom than he thought it would - the sun was nearly at its highest point in the sky now, and it was quickly warming up the earth. As he reached the bottom of the mountains, he had found himself next to a quiet little cove, and there he had stopped to rest and have a drink of water.

Amirynth
Sen'jin was just finishing his rounds for the day. Stopping off at the cove in case his sister Tai was around, he took in the sights of the area. Sounds of the waves lapping lightly at the sand brought a grim smile to his lips as his thoughts drifted over the one who was still missing. He hoped that she would return safe, it was one of the many reasons why he traveled the entire perimeter of the Horde's territory. With a shake of his dreads, the troll stallion faced towards home, starting the short trek to the cool shade of the glade, away from the warm afternoon sun. It was Voodoo who alerted him to the newcomer standing close to the water's edge. The small bat swooped in, chittering as it clung to the male's long dreads. Sen looked back towards the golden stallion. "Can ah help ya there?"

Nori Ishida
The young stallion lifted his head quickly as he first heart a high-pitched squeak, then a voice he did not recognize. Looking quickly around him, his eyes landed on the figure of a blue stallion with strange tusks protruding from his mouth, and thick locks of hair. Overall, the stallion's appearance was a bit startling to him. Not wanting to seem rude, he quickly collected himself and bowed his head lightly.
"Pardon me if I'm intruding. I've been climbing down the mountain all morning and was just in need of some refreshment. I'll be on my way now."
He turned towards the forest, his tail swishing lightly behind him.

Amirynth
The stallion chuckled lightly, "Well if ya be comin' here fer refreshments ya be in t' wrong place." Nodding towards the direction of the treeline he added, "If ya want ah can show ya t' best place t' catch a drink around here. Not too much o' a trot an' ah can be assurin' ya that it be pretty t' look at." The troll took pride in the territory he lived in, one of the reasons why he protected it so fiercely. At least be keeping the stranger within his sights he could gauge the intentions at his leisure, not that he had any reason to be suspicious. Sen'jin moved closer, his large bulk almost towering over the other male before nodding once again in the direction. "Now come on, ya don't have t' be shy." With a toothy grin he started along the river bank that lead back to the glade.

Nori Ishida
Jirani considered the blue stallion for a moment. He was quite a bit larger than he was himself, and those tusks were rather intimidating. Though he seemed friendly enough, that could easily be a front to lull him into a false sense of security. He thought upon it a moment before deciding to follow him, but with a bit of caution. After all, his father always told him to be cautious, but not suspicious. He had been taught to trust others until they gave him reason not to. Nodding his head and smiling, he followed the stallion along the river bank.
"My name is Jirani, it's nice to meet you."

Amirynth
"Sen'jin" The troll continued forward, no longer looking to see if he was being followed. Though he was large, Sen seemed to not make much noise as he walked. It was obvious he knew the area well. Using his nose to point to things of interest, the stallion kept an interesting litany of the surrounding area including places to visit close to the out-skirting territories. With a steady pace they reached the shade of the trees and he looked from side to side for a moment. "Hmm... 'ere, Voodoo, go tell them we be comin' new guy be named Jirani." Glancing back he grinned, "They may be home, may be wanderin' but it always be good t' be lettin' know who ya be. Hope ya not be mindin'."

Nori Ishida
As they traveled deeper into the forest, Jirani took in all the things that Sen'jin pointed out. It was a nice area, wooded like his mountain home, but it seemed there was a different feel to the forest at the foot of the hills. There was a closer feeling to the air...cozy, one might say. He rather enjoyed it. When Sen'jin spoke next, Jirani watched the blue bat fly off into the distance. Apparently his family kept their home well protected. The family must be either much more secretive than his, or much larger. While he and his parents and siblings had a spot that they usually called their own, they had never thought to protect the area. However, there had never been any reason. He found it foreign and slightly strange, but didn't question it. He was sure he'd get answers to his questions eventually. He nodded when Sen'jin spoke to him again.
"I don't mind at all," he said with a kind smile.

Amirynth
Almost as if reading his thoughts Sen'jin flicked an ear back. "Sometimes it be good t' warn the Horde that we be havin' visitors 'cause it be better than interruptin' t' quiet time o' t' ones who be a little more irritable to outsiders." With another grin, the troll stallion lead the other down a path that was almost invisible to anyone who did not know how to look for it. As soon as they coolness of the green canopy fell upon their pelts he snorted. "Not all o' us be happy-go-lucky, even Mum can have her moments." The further they traveled the brighter the area seemed to be, small flowers peeking through that gave way to a larger rainbow of flora. "Immi an' Day be takin' care of t' flowers. They be likin' t' gardens an' be quite t' cultivators. Ah be preferin' t' know which ones be good t' be fer healin' mahself."

Nori Ishida
While he was sure Sen'jin was trying to reassure him, the description of the family was starting to make Jirani a little uneasy....especially the term "hoarde". It sounded like he was right in thinking that the family was larger than his. And it seemed that some didn't like outsiders. He hoped that Sen'jin knew what he was doing, and that he wouldn't be greeted by an angry ambush. However, as they turned onto a new path and beautiful flowers became more and more plentiful as they continued, his worries faded away. The beauty of the plant life around them was breathtaking and the only thing he could say in response was, "It's beautiful..."

Amirynth
At the stallion's admission of the forest's beauty Sen'jin relaxed, not that he was that tense in the first place. It was obvious that the troll was pretty easy going. The sounds of the river that had vanished into the undergrowth now came back louder, trickling merrily over the glistening rocks of the river-bed. Sen took a few steps into the glade that opened up around them and leaned down to take a drink from the refreshing mountain water. Just off the mountain, the liquid was crystal clear and tasted sharp with the coolness. Licking his lips the stallion glanced around, spotting Voodoo in his favorite spot who squeaked sleepily at him. "Hmmm... we be in luck ah guess. No one be here right now." The troll did not notice the shadow that seemed to flit from a bush into the deeper undergrowth.

Nori Ishida
As the path opened up into a clearing, Jirani followed the blue stallion to the mountain stream and took a drink. The water was so cool and fresh, he took his fill. Licking his lips, he lifted his head again and looked around. The beauty of the flowers spilled into the glade. It was a pleasant space in the middle of the forest and seemed like a wonderful place to live. He turned to say something to Sen'jin, but stopped when he saw a small something pass in the corner of his eye. He turned to get a better view of what it might have been.
"Did you see that?" he asked the stallion.

Amirynth
"Hmmm?" The troll looked towards the location that Jirani had indicated. "Ah not be seein' anythin' but then there be many critters livin' here that it could be..." Standing still, Sen'jin watched the area, a slight frown upon his face. While he was not worried about dangerous animals hunting near by there could be other things to be weary of. Many of the larger creatures stayed away from the main glades and were only spotted more on the outskirts. Malis kept most away with her sheer presence. Suddenly he narrowed his eyes, stalking forward, his head lowered. "Stay here, ah be right back... gonna check somethin'..." he muttered to himself a little as he went to investigate the movement, leaving Jirani alone for the moment.

Nori Ishida
This all was getting a little worrisome. He wasn't terrified, but he found himself a little uncomfortable. Here he was in a strange place, with an intimidating stallion he had just met moments ago, investigating some strange disturbance in the bushes. He felt very much out of place. However, his father had taught him to always be brave, and he felt that he was letting him down right now. He took a deep breath, planted his hooves in the ground, and carefully watched Sen'jin, prepared for whatever might happen. Though, to be honest...he was still a little nervous.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:31 pm
Secret meetings. - Jirani, Sen'jin and Amirynth (part 2)

Amirynth
Everything was quiet for a long while, the birds sang in the eves of the trees like nothing was amiss. It did not take long for Sen'jin to wander out of sight and soon even his movements could not be heard. A light rustling came from the left however, quick darts that resembled more a small creature than the larger bulk of the troll stallion. A shadow appeared deeper under one bush before disappearing and seeming to move to the other side where it inched ever closer. Who ever it was knew he was standing there but did not show themselves. A cautious air fell over the glade as the shadow moved upon indecision.

Nori Ishida
Jirani watched Sen'jin as he moved out of eyesight and earshot. He looked around, left alone now, checking his surroundings. His ears swiveled around, hearing something moving to his left. He turned to face it, and saw a shadow moving around the bushes. It seemed too large to be some kind of bug...perhaps a bird? He looked around him one more time before slowly moving closer to the bushes. He lowered his head, to better see into the bushes, but stayed far enough away so that he would have enough time to react if anything were to happen.

Amirynth
At his inquisitiveness he heard a sharp gasp and a scramble between the leaves on the forest floor. The shadow in the bushes moved back further, just keeping out of his sight as he lowered his head. A flash of red as the creature moved announced it was not a bird and yet the size was not of a bug but more a feline or a very large rabbit. Backing up into the undergrowth the form seemed to beckon to him, enticing him further in to the forest and away from the openness of the glade. There was now an air of curiosity and yet fragility as the creature moved just outside of his grasp.

Nori Ishida
He heard what sounded like a gasp, and that piqued his interest. Clearly this was not some type of insect, but it appeared it was something with a voice...but what could it be? He followed the movements of the shadow, his curiosity taking him over. He suddenly saw a red flash, and quickly pulled his head back. What was this thing? He saw the shadowy form move further back into the forest, and couldn't help but follow. For some reason, he no longer felt threatened by this thing, whatever it was. Lowering his head again, he took a few steps forward...

Amirynth
She wanted to flee when the stallion moved towards her. Backing up the flutter tried to use the shadows around her to hide her movements but it just was not enough. He started to close in on her it was obvious he could see where she was going and for a moment she felt cornered. Malis had told her that others would come but the troll had promised that each would be escorted by one of her own. Rynn blamed herself for that, Sen would not have left this intruder if she had not come to find out what the small bat had been squeaking about. Shaking her mane she moved further away through the forest before realizing she was heading towards one of the other glades. She would be exposed in moments if she didn't think of something quickly.

Nori Ishida
As the shadow continued to move around, Jirani moved closer and closer. He was now determined to figure out what this creature was. As it darted from one bush to another, it caught a bit of the light peeking through the canopy and he thought he thought he noticed the frame of what looked to be a small Soquili....but smaller than any Soquili he had ever seen, smaller than a foal. He moved forward, following the small creature, desperate to figure out what it was. Finally, he decided to speak out.
"Stop! I won't hurt you, I promise! What....what are you?"

Amirynth
Stop? She wanted to run further but something in his voice made her pause for a moment. He was a guest and she was being rude, especially as he was alone right then. She paused on the edge of the glade, wings fluttering in her indecision. With a deep breath she turned, backing slightly as she did, the filtered sunlight falling upon her back enhancing her dappled pelt. With a worried look she glanced up and then bowed low, hiding her face. "S-s-sorry... I, I am a a... I am like you..." With a slight shake to her head she added, "Well, not exactly but... c-c-can I help you?" She kept her head lowered, embarrassed that she had shamed the Horde by not being a very hospitable host. She didn't really know how to be one anymore, sure that no one really wanted her around.

Nori Ishida
Still partially hidden by the bushes, the creature was difficult to see in the pale light. Lowering his head to see better, Jirani beheld what appeared to be a small Soquili with light, fragile wings. He had never seen such a thing, and it was a little strange to him. However, he held off on the questions for a moment, noticing how nervous or upset she was. He didn't want to offend her and upset her any more than she already was.
"There's no need to be sorry. And I'm not really sure if you can help me or not. I was taking a drink of water at the foot of the mountain, and this large blue stallion named Sen'jin came and took me here. Now I don't know where he went, and I have no idea where I am. I'm sorry if I'm intruding."
Now that he laid it all out, he realized how strange it was the he ended up in this situation. Perhaps he had been too trusting? Now he was in a strange place with Soquili he didn't know...what if something was to happen? He was deep in the woods and nobody knew he was there...

Amirynth
She listened and nodded as he spoke. It was how she had ended up in the glades. She tilted her head to the side with a thought and glanced up. "Are you joining the herd t-t-too?" Malis had brought her here when she was hurt badly by the skinwalker and she had spent a long time healing. When she was better she had planned on leaving but the gregarious troll had offered to let her stay. While she did not understand why she would get such an offer, she didn't really have any where else to go and so decided to stay for a little longer. She felt him looking at her and blushed, her gaze moving back down to the ground as she nudged a stone with her hoof.

Nori Ishida
Joining the herd? He hadn't heard anything about that.
"No, I don't believe so. I have a family of my own. I mean, I don't spend a lot of time with them, I haven't seen them in a very long time, but I've never thought of joining a herd...and I don't believe that's why Sen'jin brought me here."
But the small Soquili in front of him had gotten him thinking now. Was he being recruited for this "Hoarde"? Did they need others to fight with them or something? He found himself completely lost now, with absolutely no idea where he was or what was going on. But he tried not to panic. His father had always taught him to keep his mind about him. If you don't have you're wits, you're more likely to make a mistake and land yourself in an undesirable position. He shook his head and looked back at the small creature.
"I'm sorry, and I don't mean to pry, but...would you mind coming out? I must admit I'm very curious about your small size and those strange wings. I mean no offense, I'm just curious. And may I also ask your name? I'm Jirani."
He smiled a warm smile, not wanting to seem intimidating to her.

Amirynth
"Oh..." Rynn couldn't help but feel a little disappointed, she wasn't sure why but the few short months she had been living with the WillowGlen herd it was nice to see someone who seemed about as lost as herself. She kept her gaze to the floor, red hair falling over her face not quite sure how to carry on a conversation. It wasn't until he asked her to come forward that she looked up again a little startled. "Oh, I... I mean, it's ok... I can be b-b-bigger if you wish..." Rynn winced as she spoke, she should have realized that it was rude to stay smaller in size when others were around but she had gotten used to the trolls who were always so much bigger than herself. As she moved forward she concentrated her size growing with each step until she was about the size of a pony. Her red hair still reached her knees, a braid keeping most of it out of the way and yet a large lock fell across her face, hiding one eye. Tattered wings of shadow were folded along her back and her speckled pelt was marred in places with healing scars. The mare shivered slightly as she felt his curious eyes upon her but she took a small breath and attempted a smile in return of his. "I am Amirynth, many call me Rynn. It is a p-p-pleasure to meet you."

Nori Ishida
Jirani stood in amazement as the mare emerged from the bushes and grew larger with every step. He had never seen such a thing! However, as she became larger, it became clear that she had recently been wounded. He frowned a bit, but decided not to ask about it. An attack could very easily be the reason she was so shy and insecure, and he didn't want to bring up any bad feelings. Instead, he looked around him, then back to the mare.
"So, what is this place? That stallion kept saying something about the Hoarde, and I have no idea what he's talking about. Is this your home?"

Amirynth
The flutter thought for a moment before answering. "I g-g-guess so..." She looked around at the flowers that surrounded them for inspiration as she spoke. "The Horde, WillowGlen, they are the same thing. Malis calls it the Horde, Immi calls the herd WillowGlen. The herd is like a family I g-g-guess. I am new but I have been asked to join them..." She watched a squirrel dart up a tree on it's quest for more nuts, keeping her eyes off the stallion in case he was still looking at her. "There are t-t-two main families though, the Trolls, Malis is the leader or at least being their mother makes her the leader. The Flowersong family b-b-belongs to Immi and Day... Immi is the leader of WillowGlen as a whole." As she spoke her stutter seemed to lessen as she relaxed slightly, the flutter forgetting his presence for a moment.

Nori Ishida
Jirani listened as Rynn spoke about the herd. It was a new concept to him for different families to live together.
"I've never been part of a herd. I only have my parents and siblings, and I haven't seen them in a very long time. So they kind of adopted you?"
It seemed that the herd was friendly enough if they took in Rynn after she had apparently been hurt. He remembered Sen'jin talking about Immi and Day as they passed their flowers. It seemed like there were a lot of different Soquili in this group. He was somewhat eager to meet them. He hadn't met many Soquili outside of his family, and he was at the age when he was becoming more curious and wanted to learn more about others who shared these lands with him.
"Where is everybody else?"

Amirynth
"I once was part of a family b-b-but they are very far a way now. I g-g-guess now this is my family." Rynn fidgeted with a small stone as she spoke. "I do not know where they are though. Many of them c-c-come and g-g-go as they p-p-please." She remembered Malis had gone on another of her spirit quests while Kerid was probably sleeping somewhere secluded. While the other more gregarious mares of the flowersong family usually hung around the fields chatting with everyone they could meet, Day usually stuck to the forest. If he really wanted to meet another of the WillowGlen herd, he would be the best soquili to search out. "Sen might know where Day is... if we c-c-can find him again..."

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 pm
Secret meetings. - Jirani, Amirynth and Bethari (part 3)

Nori Ishida
Jirani smiled at her. It sounded like she had a lot of support here, and to be honest, it seemed like she needed it. It was obvious that this mare had been hurt, both physically and emotionally, and it was probably best for her to be around a large group of other Soquili to protect and support her. He nodded and turned to face the path that Sen'jin had disappeared down.
"He went that way, shall we go look for him?"

Amirynth
Rynn nodded, a little relieved for the stallion to take charge, even if he didn't know the area. His presence was soothing, something about his friendly outlook was comforting to her and reminded her of the others she had met here. Looking down the narrow path Jirani had pointed out she took a few steps forward. "Most of the p-p-paths around here are safe, it is just when you leave them that things can g-g-get a little messy." She remembered the time when she had first started to wander around a little and come across Sui, she had tried to steal some strawberries from Day's secret patch and was covered from head to toe in mud. It wasn't until later on Immi had told her between fits of laughter that the only way to get to the patch was to fly while being very small. It was one of the few moments when Rynn was glad that she was smaller than most. In her halting stutter she relayed the story to Jir.

Nori Ishida
Walking down the path at a leisurely pace, Jirani listened to Rynn's story. He couldn't help but laugh himself as he imagined a small Rynn covered in mud.
"Pardon me for laughing, I mean no offense. That must have been quite unpleasant. Is Sui another member of the herd?"
As they continued down the path, he still saw no sign of Sen'jin. He had to be here somewhere. This was, after all, the path he had gone down.
"Where does this path lead?"

Amirynth
"It d-d-definitely smelled unp-p-pleasant. I was lucky I did not g-g-get that much mud on myself but there was mud all over the g-g-glade for days after and Sui had to spend all day washing in the river." The small mare couldn't help but smile at the memory. The thought almost made her pause in her steps as she realized she had been a part of the herd for some time now. The passing of days had turned into weeks already. Rynn glanced around, she could recognize areas and paths more now, there was one that shifted towards the left. While Jirani could not see it, the passage appeared to Rynn wide and clear. "This way..." At his question she indicated the path they had been on. "That would have taken us b-b-back outside of the forest. This one leads to one of the small springs in the area." Soon they would reach a part of the river that had widened over time, a small bridge and stepping stones would be the means to forge over.

Nori Ishida
Jirani listened to Rynn's stories with a smile. It was obvious that she was happy here and had found refuge. When she indicated a small side path, he looked down as far as he could see. It seemed that there were quite a few different paths within the territory of the herd and many different ways to get in and out. He followed her down the small path on the side.
"A spring sounds nice. It seems the herd picked a very nice place to call home."
Indeed, the surroundings were lush and beautiful, and Jirani felt comfortable here.

Amirynth
"I think so too..." Rynn paused along the path for a moment to check her bearings and then moved down slightly, letting him see the direction they were going. The river stretched before them. Not as wide as through the plains but just enough that they would end up getting a little wet. "There is a b-b-bridge up north a little if you would p-p-prefer using that...?" The flutter glanced up towards Jirani with a questioning look. While she could fly over he didn't have the same capabilities and Rynn wasn't so sure that the stallion would like to get wet or muddy.

Nori Ishida
Jirani looked at the river and smiled. He did like to swim, and it had been a while. But, he decided, it was probably best to take the bridge. He didn't want to get too dirty when he was potentially meeting more new Soquili.
"As much as I'd like to have a little swim, I think I should keep myself looking presentable."
With a last glance at the river, he moved forward towards the bridge.

Amirynth
Following the larger stallion for the moment, Rynn felt as if someone was watching them. She wondered for a moment if it was Sen'jin coming back to meet with them but the large troll stallion was no where to be seen. With a worried frown she continued on her way, trotting over the bridge lightly as she went. The forest was pretty empty, while there were birds singing in the trees, the furred life seemed to be all but invisible. While Jirani was a new comer to the glades, it didn't not explain the silence. She must be a little more cautious then usual after meeting the golden stallion, Rynn shook her head and nibbled on her braid trying not to worry.

They were getting closer, the flutter eyed Rynn and the larger stallion with a curious air. Oh boy! She would have so much to tell the others! They were heading towards the springs which was the perfect place for romance. She almost chortled outloud before stiffeling her merriment. She wanted to see how far they would go without interrupting...

Nori Ishida
As they made their way across the bridge, he turned to look at Rynn following behind him, and he noticed the frown on her face. He stopped and turned to face her.
"What's wrong? You look nervous"
But even as they stood there, the young stallion felt eyes on him. He looked around him into the woods on all sides, but couldn't see anything.
"Is there somebody here?" he asked quietly.

Amirynth
"I... I'm not q-q-quite sure..." The flutter looked around again, wondering why she felt eyes upon her. She may be a little paranoid but it was obvious he could feel it too. "I don't think it is something d-d-dangerous. Sen'jin and Cadance are usually around to k-k-keep the area safe." They were over the bridge but the watcher was in front of them now. Rynn agonized for a long moment, not wanting to move forward. She shifted from side to side on her feet before taking a deep breath. "C-c-come on out, we know you are hiding there." Her heart beat quickly in her chest and she fervently hoped that Jirani would not get hurt if it did turn out to be something bad.

A rustling of the bushes beside them announced her presence first. "Awww man, you're no fun at all." Another flutter wandered out onto the path, bright eyes watching the pair before her. "And here I though I'd just follow you. So he's ya boyfriend? He's kinda cute, definitely looks like a sweetheart! What's your name cutie?" Bethari grinned before walking up to the golden stallion, growing as she did so. "I'm Beth, pleased to meecha! Didn't wanna intrude or anything but when this little mouse of a mare actually has the guts to speak ya gotta take some notice." It was easy to see that she was completely opposite to Rynn, while the quiet flutter had only grown to the size of a pony, this one ended up the same side as Jirani. her bright demeanor also made her seem larger than life.

Nori Ishida
The stallion positioned himself slightly in front of Rynn. His father's heroism had been passed down, and he instinctively felt the need to protect the nervous mare. Honestly, he was surprised when Rynn was the first one to speak up. As he heard the bushes rustling, he braced himself a bit. However, as a red flutter mare emerged from the bushes, it quickly became obvious that she was no threat. At first he was taken aback by her forwardness, but quickly adjusted and smiled, allowing himself to relax. He didn't know what to say about her comments, so he just smiled.
"My name is Jirani. Nice to meet you."
He bowed his head lightly.

Amirynth
The larger stallion stepped forward, giving her some cover. She could feel his aura of protection surround her, a serious expression on his face until he spotted who the shadow was. A flash of memory came to her, that same comforting aura, stripes and a strength that was fueled by aggression as he tried to save her. The though made her shudder for a moment and she pulled herself back to the present. Rynn didn't know what to say, she recognized the flutter as Immi's granddaughter but Bethari had it all wrong. The small flutter shook her head a few times and took a step back as the pink mare swooped on in to the center of attention. She wanted to tell her that she was not with Jirani, well that she wasn't doing anything with him except for trying to find the others. Opening her mouth, however, she found she could not speak, too embarrassed to have been caught in such a way. Rynn looked down upon her feet unsure what to do.

"Welcome Jirani! It's great to meet new people here in the Glen! I've always wanted to show them around though I guess Rynn here has already taken that duty and then some!" The mare danced a little on her feet as if listening to a beat that was her own. She twirled around once before giving Jirani a low bow of her own. Her movements were graceful as if she was a dancer by nature and Bethari smiled lightly. "Ahhh well little to be lost, I can leave you two love birds alone for now unless you wish to continue exploring." She winked at the pair of them in front of her.

Nori Ishida
Well, this mare was quite the contrast from Rynn. While the smaller mare was quiet and reserved, Bethari was outspoken and vibrant. It was interesting to see such different soquili living together. But he had heard it before..."opposites attract." He couldn't help but notice Rynn had retreated back into silence and seemed to have shut herself out of the conversation. He wasn't sure if he should say anything to her, or just leave her alone. If she was shy or embarrassed, he didn't want to make it any worse by bringing attention to it. He decided it was best to leave her be for now and turned back to Bethari.

"Oh, I'm afraid you're mistaken. We're not 'love birds' at all. In fact, we've only just met, and Rynn was showing me around this beautiful place you call home."

He chuckled and looked back to Rynn. Trying to bring her into the conversation, he moved to the side a bit so that the three were standing in a circle and everybody could join in.

Amirynth
"Could have fooled me! Or are you a gentlemen to all mares who strike your fancy?" Her brash humor could have been grating except for the merry smile she kept upon her face. She moved a few more steps, dancing forward to nudge him lightly with her shoulder and winking again. "Well traveled are you? Seen many things as beautiful as this place?" The flutter stepped back and with a running leap she sailed over the river, narrowly missing the muddy banks with a practiced flair. "With a home such as this I don't feel the urge to leave often. Do tell me about the lands that you hail from." Bethari was curious about this handsome stranger, especially now she knew he was not claimed.

Rynn watched from the outskirts. She felt him move away so Jirani was not a little to her side including her into the conversation. She was relieved when he told Beth that there were not seeing each other. The last thing she wanted was him thinking otherwise but then the other flutter started flirting with him and Rynn felt a small wash of dismay. She did not show it outwardly but he seemed to be a nice stallion and though there were many souls who lived in the glades most were more like Bethari, outspoken and social, leaving her behind in their sweeping conversations. Still she waited to see his reaction, watching Jirani as Beth asked him questions she wanted to know but were too shy to voice herself.

Nori Ishida
Jirani chuckled at Bethari. She was quite forward, wasn't she?
"I try my best to be a gentleman to everybody I meet, unless they give me a very good reason not to be."
He smiled as she nudged him and flew over the river. She had quite a few questions, and he took a moment to think about them.
"Well, I definitely wouldn't call myself well traveled. I've spent most of my life in the small area my family calls home. Its a nice spot in the mountains, but this place has a different kind of beauty about it. I don't blame you at all for not wanting to leave this place. In fact, its so nice here I feel like I don't want to leave."
He smiled and looked back at Rynn. He felt that he didn't want to ignore her and wanted to keep his attention divided between the two mares, but Bethari was so talkative, and Rynn was so quiet, he was finding this task difficult.

Amirynth
"Don't have to leave if ya don't want to. I am sure we can find a nice little place to secret you away." Beth chuckled as she spoke to show she was making a joke. "You'd be fed every day and well taken care of. See how well we tend the flowers here? Well consider that same care and devotion focused on such as yourself." With light footsteps she made her way back, her wings fluttering on occasion as she skipped over the rocks. Each step was well practiced and almost seemed like she was dancing over the water without even needing the bridge. "Tough I have never seen the mountains. There are some close by where some of the other herd lives, never tried to go up and visit, it's too sparse there. No trees..."

The mountains... Rynn remembered her travels through the mountains and couldn't help but shudder. It had been while traveling through one of the valleys that she had been attacked by the skinwalker. She felt a tickle on her leg as a small rat started to climb up her leg. Smiling down at it she bent her knee to help him get up to her shoulder. The small creature had stayed with her as she hid in the cavern, battered and bruised. She did not know why it had shown up but now it wouldn't leave her alone and she did not have the heart to tell him to leave. The flutter realized she had spaced and turned back to the conversation at hand wanting to know more about Jiranai's family and the mountains. Maybe they were better than the ones she had traveled through.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:00 am
Matchmaker, matchmaker, Make me a match. - Malis, Revyra and Tempest.

Amirynth
The day had been a quiet one, Malis looked around the grasslands with a bored air. All the excitement of the past few days had been a contrast to the seeming peace that had settled upon the herd. After the kalona attack upon Sen'jin and Ysiel, she had requested the patrols increase, and for them to happen in pairs. Not that it had been such a terrible thing, Malis had seen the care and devotion in the hippogryph's eyes when she gazed upon Sen'jin. With a snort the troll started moving towards the river bank. At least he had picked someone who was an acceptable to her standards. She couldn't say many good things about Ysiel's mother as she hardly ever saw her but for all his aloofness, Tempest was someone to pass the time away with. A few others dotted the fields, most of them were wanderers, not part of the WillowGlen herd but welcome to graze as long as they didn't cause any problems. Nodding at a few of them in greeting, the troll took a sip of cold river water before starting her trek down to the ocean side of the territory. It was rare that she would come down this far, especially as Tai'jin lived there with her mate, Icarus. While Malis had come to live with her daughters choice, the less she had to see him the better.

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
User Image

It had been a long journey for the mare lying in the grass. Her great purple wings lay partially unfurled as she rested. For over a month she had been traveling practically non-stop choosing to only rest when she was close to collapse. Now was one of those times. A few scant feet to her side she could hear water, smell and even see it rushing by. She could feel the thick sticky dryness in her mouth yet she did not go to drink. One could say that she was afraid that her legs would give out on her. She would reply to them that she knew her legs would give out the moment she stood and didn't feel like dealing with that discomfort.

Her legs were exhausted after all. Even though she had magnificent wings on which to fly she often chose not to use them excepting dire situations. She preferred to run or climb to get where she needed to go.

She considered taking a short nap to regain her strength when she heard something approaching. She frowned and sighed impatiently. She wasn't about to go to sleep if something was coming at her. She was no fool. Turning her head to peer over her shoulder she blinked. Why that blue thing coming have a bunch of red stuff on it's head?

Amirynth
There was someone close by... The troll hadn't seen her as she wasn't standing but the flash of purple caught her eye as she raised her head. Malis turned to face her, watching her carefully before speaking, a slight frown on her face. "Ya look like ya about t' be diein' there." She tilted her head to the side as her healers gaze saw more than she let on. "If ya be needin' a drinkl t' river be right there. Ah can be supportin' ya if ya wish. No need t' be tellin' anyone that ya be gettin' help..." The large blue mare towered over the winged one and yet she could sense the determination within her soul. "Dunno where ya be headin' off t' but ya be welcome t' be sayin' here fer as long as ya be wantin' to."

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
Revyra couldn't stop herself from staring. It seemed the red came from a mane done in a rather unusual style with bands of gold around thick bunches of hair. The fact that it was a mane at all was some cause for worry for the winged mare. She had never been considered short for a girl but, by the gods, this one made her feel like she was the size of a child again. It likely did not help that she was looking up from the ground.

After several moments she shook the shock away of both the height and the unusual accent --what sort was it anyway?-- and cleared her throat quietly. "You don't need to concern yourself, I'll be fine after a short rest." She said firmly but as politely as she could manage. It didn't seem like she'd be squashed by the mare if she gave a wrong answer. However, that wasn't something she was going to test openly. "And thank you for the offer. I was actually considering roosting here for a little while. There seems to be quite a lot to see in these parts." And that meant many places to search for those that could match her expectations. Revyra got the distinct feeling that if she were to test this mare, she'd surpass her in a few areas. Like in tree boxing.

Amirynth
"Roostin'...?" The troll looked a little confused for a moment before she took a closer inspection of the mare before her. While it was obvious she was a horse there was a definite something about her that made her very familiar. While her purple feathers were slightly ruffled from her long journey they looked just like the father of Ysiel's father. The troll grinned as everything fitted into place. "Oh! Ya be one o' t' bokbok types! Ah be seein' what ya be meanin'!" Malis nodded to herself as she remembered the gruff hippogryph. He usually preferred the higher reaches of the mountainside that was just above the borders of the WillowGlen territory. While he was welcome to visit, especially as his daughter ended up growing along side her own son, it was rare she saw him socializing amongst the mares on the lower reaches. Mebby he just be shy... The troll thought for a moment. This feathered mare seemed quite social so it couldn't be that he wanted to be left alone. "Ah be thinkin' ah know just t' right place! There be very nice roostin' places up north a little. Ah can be takin' ya there if ya want. Show ya around t' lands too, it be pretty impressive." Something about the tone of her voice showed the pride she had in the areas she had pledged to keep safe for hoofed-kind. "After ya rest up here, what do ya think? Mah name be Malis by t' way, what be yours?"

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
Revyra nodded her head slowly. Was there something odd about roosting that she wasn't aware of? When the large mare spoke again a look of pure confusion swept over her face. A 'bokbok'? She asked herself mentally. Her eyebrows raised and knit together, she was beginning to question the mare's sanity. What on earth was a bokbok?

She never gave voice to her wondering. There was something for more important being said now than an unusual name. "There are?" She asked surprising herself with her own eagerness. She'd been thinking of picking a place somewhere in the trees but if even a non-winged creature knew of good grounds then it stood to reason that they were just that: good. "That would be...great actually, um...Malis." An honest smile pulled at the corners of her mouth. Really she still wasn't sure what to make of the larger mare but if she was willing to help she wasn't bad in Revyra's book. "I'm Revyra, Vyra for short."

Amirynth
"It be a pleasure t' meecha then Vyra! Now if ya just be wantin' t' follow mahself when ya get yaself all rested up ah can show ya around. Hope ya don't mind a bit o' a scenic route, t' other way might be a little more direct but it be goin' right in t' middle o' t' herd territory an' we be havin' a bit o' trouble close by there." The troll trotted around in a semi-circle as she spoke, her large hoof coming down to paw at the ground as if she was already ready to canter off. She didn't think it was necessary to explain about the kalona intruder unless the bokbok mare asked. The last thing she wanted to do was to make Vyra worry. A wind whipped around them, bringing a cool flavor of clover with a hint of floral as she spoke and the troll stilled, listening intently to the whispers of the spirits. Her ears flicked from side to side as her eyes grew far away. "Yessums, there be something commin' in t' winds. Ah be thinkin' ya be best t' stick around. Who knows mebby ya be meetin' someone of a like mind!" The troll grinned with a knowing smile as she shook herself, her long red dreads shifting with the movements, small bangles clinking against each other.

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
The hawkstrider had a bit of a hard time following exactly what the giant blue mare said. It was clear enough to her that she had been educated in speech somewhere very different than Revyra had. Where she still wasn't sure but it took a good deal of focus for the purple mare to catch everything being said. And she was quite pleased that she was, in fact, catching everything.

She tilted her head ever so slightly to one side a pair of dark eyebrows raising a fraction and knitting together as trouble was mentioned. She had nothing against avoiding trouble. She wasn't the type to just stick her nose into someone else's problems without good reason. "That's fine by me..." She said casually watching the other walk about.

As a wind came around Revyra lifted her wings to allow the breeze to cool her sides. She was less concerned about the scent that came with it and more about how it felt. When Malis mentioned that something was coming she froze with her wings still raised. "Something's coming?" She asked slowly letting her wings fall back down. "Is it a friend of yours?" She wasn't exactly sure what the mare was talking about. She didn't see anything coming her way.

Amirynth
Busy with the whispers of the spirits, Malis only half heard the hawkstrider at first. She frowned as she tried to decipher what they were trying to tell her. Something was returning and yet she couldn't put her hoof on it. The thought worried her for a long while, her instinct was to protect the herd. Even with Solemn and Sen'jin as the main guardians, Malis still took the protection of all who lived in WillowGlen in her own hooves. Still, there had been other things afoot and the herd had surpassed the odds to keep the place open for all to come visit. Foals frolicked in the sun without a care in the world and the place was filled with laughter and life. The troll realized she shouldn't worry so much, if the spirits had something to tell her they would make it known, that was something she had learned though the years.

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
The silence from the formerly chatty female was unsettling for Revyra. By no means was the winged mare a timid creature but she absolutely did not like this quiet. All she could tell for certain was that something had come and it didn't seem that the large mare knew whether it was friendly or not. She grumbled quietly to herself before she sighed. If they were waiting on her then it was about time she got moving at a physical peak or not. She wasn't about to hold others back for weakness.

Taking in a deep breath she shifted until her legs were under her body and then, in one quick movement, she forced herself upward. Her legs protested weakly having been prepared for a long break. Determined to prove herself capable she ignored her limbs and took the few short steps over to the rushing water. She plunged her mouth into the chilly liquid and gulped down several mouthfuls before straightening up. Her legs stopped griping at her and she actually felt well enough to move for a few more miles at the least.

"If you'd like to lead the way we can go now." She said as she marched towards the large blue mare.

Amirynth
As if waking from a dream Malis shook herself and grinned at the bokbok. She seemed to process all that had been said in the passing moments and brightened. At the mention of a friend the troll turned, nodding. "Oh yessums! Good friend, ah be sure you two get along very fine! he be all feathered like ya an' pretty knowledgeable about t' roostin' places." She started walking up along the riverbanks. There was a small curved place that was rather shallow, perfect for crossing and they could stop again for another drink before heading up the mountain side. "You follow ol' Malis, she be knowin' t' way, Come come!" At her encouraging words she trotted along, speaking about the lands with a proud air as they passed through them. They had been pretty lucky considering the troll mare had happened upon this area by chance though she was pretty sure it had a lot to do with Dayunsi and his family's work. The small flutter stallion had a knack with plants so everything grew lush and verdant.

Nisshou H
A truly awkward smile graced Revyra's lips as she watched the blue mare. She wasn't entirely sure what to make of the large one. She wasn't even entirely sure all the candles were lit in the mare's head. What she did know was that at least whoever was coming was a friend. Whether she could trust the feathered friend of Malis or not was still up in the air. But then again it wasn't really a matter of trust was it.

"Alright." She said compliantly before setting off in a steady pace to follow her new 'leader' of a sort. For the most part she just followed along in silence listening to the guided tour she was getting. She hadn't really asked for so much information, or any at all really, but she would have been lying if she said it wasn't useful. "So where are we heading anyway?" She finally asked. "To your friend or to the roosting places?"

Amirynth
The troll considered her words for a moment before speaking, "Oh well we be seein' both ah be assumin'. He often be in t' roostin' place o' his watchin' an' such. Y can see t' ocean from there!" Even through she wasn't a fan of the 'big blue wet thing' she did remember that others enjoyed watching it... from a distance of course. With a grin the blue mare turned along the thin path as it opened out, the bushes and lush grass that had been growing beside them shrinking to sandy dirt and scrub. Rocks appeared underfoot more and more frequently as the route they were taking started to slant upwards. "We be going up to t' base o' t' mountains. There be some caves an' further up there be some rocky outcroppin's. Took a bit o' a detour as we not be goin' thought t' middle o' t' forests an' glades but it not be too far out o' our way." Sure enough, to the north there was the thick wall of trees in the distance that continued up towards the same mountain range Malis was heading too. She planned to start heading north soon as the path she was searching for was easier to find from the directions she was used too. The last thing she wanted to do was lead her charge astray. If she planned it just right they would get to the roosting outcropping just as the sun was setting.

Nisshou H
"Oh...I see..." Was all she managed to say. She wasn't sure whether she was supposed to be excited about the prospect of meeting this friend at the place they were headed too. If the friend, a he, was hanging around there then she got the feeling she was going to be stuck dealing with him if she stayed. The thought of dealing with a male frequently didn't thrill her in anyway. She'd been friends with boys before and the friends weren't bad. It was the boys that thought every girl would fawn all over them just because they were a male that drove her nuts. She wasn't sure that even the sight of the great water in the distance would be able to right things if she got stuck dealing with that sort of male.

Then, there was that other thing that was beginning to put her in a foul mood. From the sound of things, she was in for a longer trip than she'd been originally anticipating. Her feet continued to plod along without any hesitation or thought from there owner but she got the feeling the by the end of the day she'd be forcing them to keep moving. Heaving a sigh she turned her head to face the mountains. "I just can't wait." She said, albeit a bit sarcastically, before adding on seriously, "Rock ledges make for good look outs...should be nice."

Amirynth
The troll eyes her charge as they trotted along, noticing something was off. "Now now, no need t' be shy or anythin' he be a friendly folk." With a chuckle she turned sharply and hopped up a small rocky bank. The troll was born an adventurer so she hardly noticed the distance, especially with her familiarity of the terrain. "Here, we be takin' a shortcut. Ah be findin' it on mah travels a few ago. Got Day t' be clearin' out some o' t' thicker bushes t' make it easier t' move through. Actually it be Beth doin' t' work but it be a little easier than before." She turned to grin at the feathered mare. "How ya be holdin' out there? We almost be t' our destination. Ah be sure it be worth a little bit o' a walk."

A few moments later they reached a curve in the path that seemed to back track on itself as it rose sharply. A little quicker to get to the height it was still manageable, even to the large bulk of the troll. While the trail didn't seem well used it was obvious it had been cleared of vegetation recently, a light carpet of grasses softening the rocks. Malis grinned as she took the final few steps before turning to watch Revyra's progress, she was always interested to see newcomer's reactions to the inspiring views. After the last turn the world seemed to spread out before them. The path had actually been in a slight valley so it had been hard to see the actual height they had traveled too. While the mountains still loomed behind them the valley below was a tapestry of greens and browns, split in the middle by the river that widened into a delta before flowing into the ocean.

Nisshou H
She rather wanted to know exactly what the large mare meant by "friendly" and she sincerely hoped he wasn't the kind to run around sticking his nose where it didn't belong. She said none of this and instead tried to focus her attention on Malis's feet. This trick would have worked famously had her new companion not been so chatty. Before long Revyra found herself paying less attention to the trail and more attention to the mare's voice. The words didn't seem to connect with the hawkstrider's brain until golden eyes saw the troll turn about.

"Oh...I'm...fine I guess." She muttered dropping her gaze back to the trail. Calling this trek a "little bit o' a walk" was like calling a river after snowmelt a little trickle. Her gratefulness for this mare's help was starting to be outweighed by heaviness in her feet.

As the trail grew steeper and switched back Revyra contemplated the merits of testing how tired she really was by trying her wings. She decided against it, not wanting to risk a long drop, and just pressed on. The feel of plant life under her hooves eased the final steps up the slope. Determined not to seem weak she held back her comment about flying next time if there were to be one. If she had tried to say it the words would have caught in her throat anyway.

As she came up the last couple of steps all the scenery she'd been watching seemed to change suddenly. It was like stepping into another world. "Wooah..." Forgetting the heaviness in her feet and the tiredness of her legs she stepped closer to the edge to get a better view. "This is..." Several words flashed through her mind. Amazing. Beautiful. Unbelievable. And yet somehow the words that managed to come out of her mouth were, "...pretty high up. It would be easy to glide to safety if something happened..."

Amirynth
Malis almost seemed smug as she looked over the lands the herd had claimed as her own. While the forest itself was protected fiercely by the trolls, there was many grazing in the open fields below. They almost seemed like dolls from the distance, bright colours in a patchwork sea of green. "Ah be likin' this spot. It be good fer thinkin' and other stuff. Ah be comin' up here quet often when t'ings need t' be quiet." At the feathered mare's comment she nodded, her long dreads clinking as she did so. "Yessums, it'd be good place fer takin' off if you happened t' be of t' winged types." With a toothy grin she added, "Unfortunately ah have t' be walkin' down from here. Ah not be learnin' how t' fly quite yet."

A rustling came from the side, a small path that lead up further into the mountains showing consistent use. Stepping lightly over the rocks a large stallion moved forward, his expression neutral. A crest of feathers grew from his mane, reagle antlers growing from his forehead. He even had long feathers growing from his tail, matching his wings that were neatly folded at his sides. He moved with the grace of familiarity, bright blue eyes falling upon the feathered mare. "Malis," his deep voice intoned. "Who did you bring with you?"

Nisshou H
Revyra could hardly tell if the blue mare was joking about flight. Her solid golden eyes wandered over her back noting the glaringly obvious lack of wings that would make flying impossible. Malis didn't seem stupid, far from it in fact, her way of speech just seemed a bit strange to the winged mare. She opened her mouth to toss back a joke of her own, a popular one about ground creatures being able to fly all the way to the earth below, when a strange rustling sound reached her ears.

Instantly her eyes narrowed and her lips pulled upward in a fierce snarl. Her great purple wings unfurled quickly snapping out audibly to make her look larger and like more of a threat. She was really in no shape to be fighting but when a rather unusual looking stallion, proving himself to be the source of the noise, came out and greeted her guide she wasn't sure how to react at all.

The tension in her wings slackened and the snarl fell from her face so although she still glared at the male she simply looked confused and a bit childish. "You know this guy Malis?" She asked still sounding as hostile as she wished she looked.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:04 am
Sunshine and roses - Cadance and Shoshana

lysia_nyteblade
User Image

The sun seemed to shine happily and it's warmth willed the soft sweet smelling breeze of spring. She stepped through the green grass and made her way to a bed of clover. Lowering her head, she nibbled at the plants enjoying the taste of something that wasn't carrots or apples. The roses on her head and neck slid forward lazily before she just decided to lay down all together and enjoy the day. With eyes the shade of the sky it's self, she looked around and listened to a happy blue bird as it flitted and sang it's songs. She couldn't help but to smile inwardly at how spring always was such a lovely time of year where ever she went.

Amirynth
Cadance was in a hurry. He had been asked by his mother to take care of a few things and then managed to run into the one filly he had never expected. Well, not run in exactly, more like spy from a distance. He wasn't quite sure he had seen it correctly but it wasn't every day you see a mare who looked suspiciously like the one who went missing over a year ago. Cadance wasn't going to take any chances. He had seen her take care of a youngster who looked even more like the Guardian of WillowGlen than anyone else. While he was sure Sen'jin's children were too young to be out and about, he wasn't quite so sure why only one of them was there, and playing with a kalona filly no less!

Shaking his head he almost didn't notice the mare who suddenly appeared beneath his feet. "Oh my, I do apologize! Was not paying attention to where I was going. Please excuse me!" Dancing back on hurried hoofsteps, the stripped stallion made a short bow before checking to make sure he did not hurt her in any way.

lysia_nyteblade
Having nearly been plowed into by the stallion now addressing her, she blinked and shook her head away from the small daydream of spring she had been having. "Eh.. No problem??" She was rather taken for words having been snapped back to reality. Quickly she recovered however and smiled her usually friendly happy little smile. "No worries, nothing's broken after all. I'm not even harmed." Giving another smile, she couldn't help but to giggle some. She took note of the flowers that adorned him and giggled even more. The little cluster at the top of his tail reminded her of babies breath.

Amirynth
"Oh good good..." Cadance nodded a few times as he still looked her over a little. While he was no healer, a cut or a bruise was still an unfortunate sight and would have been pretty noticeable. "I'd hate to be one to cause you pain or muss up your pretty hair." Taking a few more steps back he gave her space to get up if she wished, unsure if she had been sitting there for a reason or if it was his movements that caused her to be on the ground. His mission momentarily forgotten, the stallion smiled. "So what are you doing here, just visiting or did you just wander into the neighborhood?"

He glanced around as he spoke, realizing that there were not to many out in the plains for such an early summer's day. Usual for the height of summer, seeing so little out and about was unusual. Still, it had been a wet few mornings which explained why not many were socializing. "Have you been here long?"

lysia_nyteblade
Giving an almost lazy stretch, she stood up and shook out her coat chuckling. "Muss up my hair? Ah well I guess it gets mussed up on it's own from time to time... It sure does like to 'catch' bushes.." She couldn't help but give another giggle. "No, not visiting.. more like... building my own adventure. Or at least I was till that pretty little bluebird started lulling me into a small daydream." She gave a sheepish little grin. "I would say I've been here most the morning really.. it was a nice spot to just watch the world go by from." Giving a small swish of the tail, she smiled once more. "Forgive me my rudeness, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Shoshana. Though you can call me Sho for short if you like."

Amirynth
Cadance examined the pale long hair and nodded. "I can see how that could happen quite often. Does it get annoying sometimes?" At the mention of an adventure he brightened, he knew of many of the herd who enjoyed exploring new places. It was how Malis arrived in this place shortly before he was foaled. The stallion suddenly stalled in his tracks, remembering the message he needed to bring to the troll matriarch. Not wanting to be rude though, Cadance hung around a little longer. The last thing he wanted to do was create a bad impression of the WillowGlen herd. "Well hello Sho, I am Cadance... never had it shortened though, don't think you can really..." As he spoke, the stallion made a low bow, his own curly hair falling across his face. With a snort he tossed it back up out of the way. With the trouble he sometimes had with his own hair, he imagined it could be quite a hassle to have longer.

lysia_nyteblade
Stifling a small giggle she grinned. "Oh I'm sure we could.. Though it's sound more like i was insulting you by calling you a cad.. Cadance it is then." Nodding a greeting she smiled once more. It does get annoying from time to time. Then again... I've had it trip me up and tangle my up before.. You just tend to live with it I guess." Laughing she shook her head some to cause the ring of roses to sit a bit higher on her head rather than to be creeping into her eyes as they had been.

Amirynth
"Could always cut it shorter..." Almost as soon as he spoke he though about Malis and her refusal to even think about cutting her dreads. They now almost reached the floor. He remembered when he was a foal and she used to look after him. Due to his mischief, he had gotten her covered in mud and she was not happy about it. Some of the tangles refused to come out, even with the help of the two-legger who lived in the glades. She still did not let anyone cut them out and instead reformed her dreads around the knots. For a moment he wondered if Sho was the same. "I mean, if that was ok. could be tangled with the spirits and not be allowed too..." Cadance felt as if he was failing at the simplest of conversations for the moment and grasped at straws. "Cad? I have never heard of that term before..." From her comment he guessed it might be something bad but couldn't fathom what it was. Possibly a type of weed? The stallion never payed much attention to Day's lessons. He had a pretty horrible green hoof unlike his step-siblings, taking more after Immi, his mother than either of them.

lysia_nyteblade
"I'm sure we could cut it.. but then I think I would miss it. Nah, I'm not so terribly angry with it as to cut it shorter even if it does sometimes make me look the fool." Grinning, thought some. "A cad.. lets see... A cad is a male who is tactless and well one would think was ill-bred.. some one one who behaves in a dishonorable or irresponsible way toward a female. Though so far I can tell that such notions seem to be far from thought with you. I'd hate to insult you with such a nickname." She hoped he wouldn't find her reply to the actual meaning of the word as an insult.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:05 am
Searching for something lost - Nastiras and Amirynth

Dragain
User Image

The mare stirred in her sleep, muttering something inaudible under her breath. Her eyes fluttered open as she yawned, blinking at the glaringly bright light from her surroundings. Was it morning already? She lifted her head, inclining it to look at the sky, her mane falling in front of her eyes as she did. It didn't seem to bother her, however, as she climbed up from where she had spent the night - under the canopy of a tall tree. She had never been good with waking up in the morning; in fact, she would often sleep till it was afternoon... Saritsan would- The unicorn paused, frowning slightly at the thought of her still missing younger sister.

Its time to resume her search, but perhaps some breakfast before that will be beneficial.

Stretching her body to loosen her muscles, Nastiras shook her head to get some of the morning dew off her mane before scanning her surroundings - she had combed the Eastern part of the forest since her arrival, so it was time to move towards the Western part... Hopefully, the light will aid her and she will have more luck there.

Amirynth
Today was the day. Malis had pronounced her fit enough to get out of the glades and meet some people. Actually it had been more like she had almost pushed her out with a firm motherly nose. The flutter stood on the outskirts of the forest with trembling wings and shaking knees. This was the first time she had been outside of the protection of the trolls since her attack and she wasn't sure she was ready for this. Her mind flashed briefly to striped stallion before she shook her head, her mind settling upon the stallion she had met while she was healing. Rynn wished for his company, at least for this jaunt, for a moment wondering where Jiruni was. At least with his presence she felt protected, something that meant a lot to her right now. With a shake of her head and a deep breath she took her first steps forwards. She had to learn how to pull herself back together somehow... Suddenly a shadow fell over her and she looked up into the face of a large stallion. She paled and started to back up with wide eyes.

A skinwalker!

Solemn frowned as the small flutter almost ran into him. "Do watch where you are going. It is not something I have the desire to have to explain to the tusked one." He turned to face her and lowered his head, before grinning toothily. "It's hard enough to keep her from getting suspicious with the many intrusions we have been having. First the kalona and then her granddaughter's return... it has been an eventful time... and my guess you are sneaking out to see some hapless stallion?" He raised an eyebrow and buffed a hoof with the back of his leg before examining it. "Not that I'd blame him, you are quite a tasty morsel..."

Her breath caught in her throat as the skinwalker turned towards her and spoke. Not grasping what he was saying Rynn's heart fluttered in her chest as she steeled her nerves and turned tail. She had to get out of here fast! All her thoughts were focused on escaping before she was attacked once more. She should warn the others but her hooves carried her away, away from the forest, away from the glades, away from anyone she knew. Darting down the first path she found she raced as fast as she could before almost crashing into another figure, smaller this time, adorned with red and gold. In her haste to miss the new barrier in her way, Rynn felt her feet land badly and fell to her knees.

This just was not her day. Slowly she looked up at the newcomer hoping she would survive the morning intact.

Dragain
She halted, frowning slightly as her ears swiveled to where she thought she had heard the faint sound of hoofs pounding along the ground. Concentrating, she realized that the hoof steps seem to be getting louder and louder with every passing second. Immediately, she turned around to face the source of the sound, wondering who might be coming in her direction. However, to her surprise, the approaching mare did not slow down as she got nearer - in fact, Nastiras couldn't help but doubt that the approaching mare even saw her. To avoid a collision, the unicorn quickly took a sidestep to her left, her instincts taking over.

She raised an eye brow as the mare dropped to her knees - quite an undignified way to fall, in her opinion - before taking a small step towards her. She frowned slightly at the wounds on the mare's body, her years of experience as a healer on the field told her that the mare was both startled by something and still recovering from a previous injury... Not a good combination.

"Are you alright, miss? There is no need to be frightened." Her voice was soft, smoothing... Yet in a way, authoritative, like she was used to ordering others around. She lowered her head to be at her eye level, suddenly wishing that she had taken the time to tidy up her hair; she just hadn't expected to meet anyone so soon after waking up. As she continued to observe the stranger, however, she couldn't help but feel that they had met somewhere before...

Amirynth
Rynn shook her head as the calming voice washed over her. This was not someone to be feared the voice said, this is someone to help. The flutter pushed herself up off the ground, heart still pounding fiercely. As she caught her breath she tried to push the words that seemed to catch in her throat. "S-s-skinwalker!" Rynn uttered finally as her head hung low from her actions. She did not want this mare to become a target either. What if they were tracking her! She had managed to escape them once only to now be caught by them once again. Remembering there had been two she looked around with wide eyes. Where the stallion was, the mare was sure to be close at hand. Maybe he was just the decoy, that spotted female could be closing in while she least expected it!

The flutter shuddered with fear not sure where to turn to. Instead her frightened eyes fell upon the golden haired mare. She had to do something, Rynn was sure that she had lead the skinwalkers to the uni and put her in danger as well. "There are t-t-two... well, there was b-b-before... only saw one, the other might b-b-be somewhere c-c-close!" Her stutter was worse than normal as she attempted to force the words from her lips. She frowned and shook her head again, her mind whirling in chaos.

Dragain
Skinwalker? Two of them?

At first, she looked doubtful. However, when she saw the look in the stranger's eyes, Nastiras couldn't help but believe her words. For the first time since her appearance, the unicorn mare looked slightly nervous and unsettled by the news; she had taken them on before, but that was in the safety of a group of trained and experienced Soquilis... Besides, as the healer of the group, she was always protected by her team members rather than being the one to butt heads with the enemy. She never had to face one - not to mention two - skinwalkers alone before, but even then, she knew that it would not end well. She briefly glanced at the other mare; she doesn't look like she could be of much help at all in this situation.

She scanned her surroundings, her eyes and ears alert for any signs of movement or noise. However, all the signs told her that there was nobody else around or approaching them - she couldn't feel the usual blood lust or murderous intent from anyone nearby either... She steadied herself, unwilling to let the situation get the better of her, before moving towards the other mare.

She then placed her spiral horn gently on her forehead, careful not to hurt the already obviously distressed mare. Focusing her energy through the horn, she sent relaxing waves into the other; she imagined the energy to be like ripples on the water's surface, spreading quickly. She had found it useful to do that as a calmer mind is a clearer mind - the more distressing a situation is, the more the need to be calm. Staring into the other's eyes, she then spoke, her voice softer and gentler than usual, "Miss, please try to stay calm... I sense nobody else around. However, to be safe, shall we move across the nearby river to get our scent out of the earth?"

Amirynth
The calming waves of the unicorn's energies washed over her and she shook lightly but felt her heart still. The flutter looked back towards the way she came silently before nodding at the other's words. She had ran for so long she was in unfamiliar territory and so followed the mares guidance. At least with someone else there she felt a little more comforted and protected. The uni mentioned going over a river to cover their scent and for a moment the disoriented mare stepped the wrong way before pausing as she smelt the water. She remembered the first attack when she had almost drowned in the river and shuddered. While this might not be her favorite route, it made sense and at the moment Rynn had no mind to be making her own decisions.

Carefully she followed the uni as something nagged at her, something that in the moment of her terror she hadn't considered. The consistent beat of hooves on the packed dirt lulled her into better senses starting to help her concentrate a little more about what was around her. Something about the mare was very familiar and yet she couldn't place a hoof upon it.

Dragain
"That's it, we're going to be fine," The female smiled encouragingly as the other mare stood up, but raised an eye brow as she moved the wrong way; the mare seemed shaken and disorientated - although it was normal considering her run-in with the skinwalker, Nastiras couldn't help but think that perhaps there was something else bothering the mare... Or was that single meeting with such a dangerous predator enough to scare her this much?

Leading her towards where she knew a river was, Nastiras made sure to look back every once in a while to make sure that the other was still there. With every look, however, the mare looks less and less foreign... And more and more familiar.

"Ah, before I forget, my name is Nastiras. Miss, how may I address you?" Nastiras finally asked out of curiosity; perhaps a name might help jot her memory. Besides, a simple conversation might be just the thing to keep both their minds off the potential skinwalker attack.

Amirynth
"Amirynth..." Even with her senses calming, Rynn was more preoccupied with what was behind her and looked back every few moments as her ears twitched from side to side. As they worked their way towards apparent safety she stepped carefully, making sure not to get freshly healed wings caught upon branches. She had already re-torn a few things during her flight through the forest. She would check later, not wanting to make the scars more apparent to the other mare. A sharp noise to her left made her jump slightly but the flutter shook her head, trying to master her fear. Concentrating on what the uni had mentioned, she added "Most p-p-people call me Rynn though, at least the t-t-trolls do..."

It was then she registered the name, causing her to pause in her tracks. "Nas?" The flutter turned slightly to gaze with miss-matched eyes at the other mare as memories came to her. "I d-d-did not expect to... I mean... it is very f-f-far away from the forest." Self consciously she backed away a little wanting to hide in the shadows. Rynn had never thought herself as nothing more than plain, especially when compared to the others of the forest. Most were uni, kirin and angeni while she was a flutter, product of a rogue wanderer who charmed her mother away from her mate like a gypsy handling gold. Her brother had been lucky, he took after their mother, but Rynn was branded forever by her flutter wings and simple visage. Now it was even worse, still wounded from the skinwalker attack, disheveled from her escape from the forest, Amirynth was sure she looked horrible.

Dragain
"Amirynth?" The unicorn echoed, her eyes widened and her voice filled with doubt as she slowed to a stop, turning around sharply to take a better look at the smaller mare before speaking again, "Rynn?"

Perhaps this was why she had appeared so familiar? She had even called her Nas - only those from her herd know to call her that! With a slight frown, Nastiras leaned forward as the other stepped back. Why is she here? Was there an expedition to these lands that her friends had failed to update her on? She paused briefly, considering the thought before shrugging internally; no, that is quite unlikely.

"Yes, it is far from the forest. I had traveled here due to a personal quest," She replied simply, a frown still tugging at the edges of her lips as she took a small step towards the other. She had already noticed the fresh wounds and scars on her small body, but in her attempt to avoid a potential skinwalker attack, she had failed to notice the mare's one blind eye; she had mistaken it for duo-colored eyes... What a terrible mistake to make for a supposedly seasoned healer!

"What happened to you?" Her voice softened again, concern lacing her voice. However, it was quick to change to one filled with contempt as she continued, "Tell me... Who did this to you?"

Amirynth
Rynn winced as she heard the contempt in the uni's voice, at first thinking it was directed at her. While she had left the herd to follow a good friend of hers, she had also left partially as she did not feel welcome there. Too many comments about her stutter, her b*****d lineage, imagined or not, had eaten away at her bit by bit. It was even her fault that her friend had left, the kirin being pushed out of her own family. It did not even occur to Rynn that the other healer had her own issues she was dealing with. The flutter looked down at the ground, her wings hanging by her side. "I left... was looking for someone b-b-but I g-g-got lost... ended up caught in a b-b-blind canyon by skinwalkers." The memories caused her to shudder as they came back to her.

The teeth and claws, their forms slinking around her. Rynn had no way out of there, canyon walls holding her in on three sides. She had evaded their attack but was tiring fast. It had been the very last moment that help had arrived. A striped form charging in and distracting them long enough for an eventual escape. She had been lucky, the stranger pulling away the attentions of the stallion which left the mare to herself. The rest was a jumble but, battered and torn, she managed to get free but never saw her savior. Falling into some crevice, she was found by Malis and taken in, the healers of WillowGlen tending to her wounds.

Dragain
"Skinwalkers," She couldn't help letting out a soft growl as she spoke, her eyes narrowing in anger despite it looking quite undignified; she barely resisted the urge to stomp her feet in frustration; her close friends had often teased her, after all, saying that she only looks poised while stationary and day-dreaming. However, Rynn's situation really frustrated her - this was precisely why the guild was formed! While skinwalkers are known to be strong, vicious beings, they normally can't stand each other long enough to attack in pairs or in a group... Thus, by gathering up enough seasoned warriors, it is possible to corner and kill one with the right strategy if they ever approach the herd.

But how could her guild and the herd guards had been so careless to not realize that Rynn was missing?

"My apologies, Rynn..." She sighed, shaking her head, "I did not mean to bring up such terrible memories... Thank the light that you're alright!" She continued, offering her a small smile in an attempt to relieve the tense atmosphere, "It seems like someone had been taking good care of you."

Amirynth
Rynn shook her head, "You d-d-do not need to ap-p-pologize, it is not your fault." The flutter looked up, her blind eye hidden by her bangs. She had already caused a disturbance and didn't want to add any more. They were now protected by the river, their path washed away with the rushing water. She tried to get her heart to stop racing, breathing in and out slowly, closing her eyes for a moment as she centered her thoughts. Even back in the forests of gold she had been one who was skittish and shy, now living amongst the trolls Rynn felt even more out of place than before as they were so openhearted and easygoing. Yet it was their very nature that had saved her life and given her a new home. "It was my own f-f-fault for leaving the herd. I should never..." She paused for a moment as an ear flicked from side to side, hearing imaginary sounds. "I should n-n-never have left." Though the memories of the feline predators haunted her, there were aspects that made her wish to re-visit the canyon, just in case there were signs of the one who aided her. Yet her fear stalled her every time she tried.

Appreciating the change in subject, the flutter nodded. "It was Malis who found me. She calls herself a t-t-troll and is the matriarch of her family. She takes c-c-care of the herd c-c-close to here. Altogether they are called WillowGlen, very friendly and many of them are familiar with the healing arts." Rynn added as an afterthought. "Some of them p-p-practice very odd ways to heal though, quite unlike the unicorns such as yourself b-b-back home." This was more than she had spoken since when Malis found her and for a moment Rynn let down her guard. Even though Nas and herself had not been super close when they were younger, it was nice to see another of her herd in such an unfamiliar place.

Dragain
The unicorn's expression softened as she shook her head, giving Rynn a small smile, "While I would normally be the first to frown upon the idea of anyone who is unable to defend him or herself leaving the safety of the herd, that someone you were trying to look for must be important to you... What happened was due to a stroke of bad luck - however, the most important thing is that you're alive and well now!"

She tried her best to look on the bright side of things, but ugh... How she wish to head back home right now and reprimand the guards for not doing their job well! The mare nodded as she listened, obviously intrigued by the herd that saved her friend's life when she was in danger.

After Rynn was done talking, a thoughtful expression crossed her face, "Interesting... Troll, you say? I had never heard of such a breed! Perhaps I could visit? I would like to thank them myself, for taking such good care of you in times of need," She then nodded, pausing again as her smile widened slightly, "I think I would also benefit from the trip; if they are willing to teach, I am willing to learn more about other methods of healing... To be honest, while I am proud of my healing abilities as a unicorn, I believe that being too reliant on it will not help me improve as a healer."

While her horn provided quick heals for her comrades in battle back home, it was weak when used for the battle against diseases outside of battle. She had heard that herbs are more effective than the power of a horn in those times, but her knowledge on herbs is limited as she had never found a teacher who was willing to teach... Furthermore, since some herbs are poisonous, she couldn't try them out on anyone.

Amirynth
"Alive and well now..."

Yes, she supposed she was alive, and better than she had been. The flutter shook out her tattered wings a little not quite realizing the significance of what leaving the herd had done to her. While before she was protected by the regular guards, Alaistair also protected her. He was a constant companion and Rynn had not spent so long on her own before. Without even realizing it she had started to learn to protect herself instead of relying on others. There had been great pitfalls, and probably many more to come, but it was a start. The small mare looked around the thinning trees with a new perspective. "I c-c-could take you back b-b-but I am not quite sure where back is..." They had done such a good job of covering their tracks that it wouldn't be easy to retrace their hoof-steps. That and the idea of returning the same way that could be patrolled by the skinwalker did not appeal to her.

"Maybe if we c-c-continued forward we'll reach somewhere I could p-p-possibly recognize?" Rynn hoped she could keep her promise. While it had been nice to get out of the glade for a short while she was looking forward to the gently safety of WillowGlen. She was pretty sure that if she could even lead Nas to the boundaries, one of the guardians, either Sen'jin or Nidawi would be able to bring them back to the center. It was mostly the matter of finding them.

Dragain
"No better direction to walk than forward," Nastiras smiled, alluding to both Rynn's situation as well as her suggestion. She tossed her head, getting her bangs out of her eyes before she surveyed their surroundings. The river and possibly skinwalker were behind them, and presumably, the Troll-herd as well. While its true that moving forward might lead them to 'somewhere familiar', it might be a good idea to keep close to the river, to avoid moving too far away from familiar grounds.

Her mind made up, she gestured to her left with a nod of her head, taking a few steps forward before turning her head to look back at the other mare, "Perhaps you can fill me in on the customs and practices of this land? There are so many of those... Humans about here." She frowned lightly for a split second, but quickly regained her smile, "Well, shall we go then?"

Amirynth
Rynn nodded and took a few steps forward as she mulled over the little she knew about the Kawani. To be honest the only two legger she had met so far was the young male who lived with WillowGlen, their sister herd. He seemed nice and helped Dayunsi with the herbs that Malis asked for. It seemed they had a good relationship, the miniature stallion growing the herbs and flowers needed for Malis' shamanism and the Trolls in turn protecting the WillowGlen boarders. "I c-c-could show you him if you wanted. I think their g-g-glade is..." She looked around for a moment and realized she was not in a familiar place. Well at least if they came to a location she recognized she could introduce Nastiras to the sister guild. The nature flutter was much like her in his quiet deminor and they had gotten along when she first met him.

Otherwise she was not that familiar with the customs as she rarely ever left the protective circle of the glades. If they could find Sen'jin... the large troll stallion always unnerved her but he seemed nice, if a little quiet. The mare he was interested in was also friendly but seemed a little on the tough side, preferring to help Sen'jin guard the boarders of the Vitterfolk herd. Either though would be more than welcome to show Nas around. At least it was a thought for the future. Rynn turned towards the horned mare. "How has things b-b-been at home?"

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:09 am
In the garden grows a star - Dayunsi and Regulus

Amirynth
The garden was in need of a few things. Herbs that had been requested by Malis for their healing properties did not grow so close to home and Dayunsi was on his way to track them down. It had been a long time since he had left the Glen and he was a little nervous but this was important and plants was the one thing he took seriously. The small flutter made his way slowly towards the riverside and found a nice perch on a rock that was partially covered by lichen and moss. Gathering up the moss with his hoof he remembered it's properties. Lichen was a good absorbent as well as helped heal. After he had enough of a bundle he gently picked it up in his teeth and placed it in the loose bag that was near by. It was then he looked around and took in the sights. The brook gurgled with merriment as it bounced it's way through the meadow, a few clouds floated gracefully in the sky, causing shadows to scatter around and hide the small forms of the bees and other insects as they gathered pollen. There was an almost peaceful aura about the place and Dayunsi gave a small sigh as he watched the path of a bird high up. A few most samplings of the flora in the neighborhood and he would fly back to the safety of home. At least this area seemed pleasing to the soul.

Syaoran-Puu
User Image Today was one of the very few days that Regulus had not been ordered urgently away by the stars, in fact they had done something even stranger-they had hinted that he should travel east and that something would happen that he would never expect. Curious Regulus had done as he had been instructed. It hadn't been a hard trip, his hooves had gotten use to carrying him over snow and mountains after all but this had been a peaceful walk along a river.

As he walked the river started to get thinner and thinner and the land started to go up hill slightly, he figured he was getting closer to the mouth of the river. The trees that swayed and dance in the breeze had him humming a tune to accompany them, and with a skip in his step he moved to the beat also.

When he got to the top of the hill he even hummed the tune louder and spun, only to stop out of shame as his eyes fell upon another. "Sorry..." he mumbled, before clearing his throat and chuckling at his own childishness, "I don't usually dance and hum like that."

The stallion before him was.... familiar.... yet strange. Earth tones as his own, a unicorn horn also yet he sorted a pair of flutter wings that Regulus most definitely did not possess. Strange. It was almost like looking in a mirror. "My name is Regulus," he said, a smile upon his face. "Its unusual to see others this far north of the village." From his traveling he knew that this forest was usually very quiet, and because of hat a lot of herds and plants that had healing properties had been allowed to grow undisturbed. Regulus had sought them out on a few occasions but he only knew a little about such things -his strength had always been on sensing the illness or injuring and removing it. Empathy. Something that told him that although the other stallion enjoyed the view he was not entirely comfortable being here. Why? He wondered.

Amirynth
There was coltsfoot grass in the lower meadows... The flutter knew that with the changing of the seasons, some of the youngsters would invariably get coughs. He should probably stock up on the small leaves that provided relief. Going over the herbs he had already collected, Day nodded to himself, there was still more more needed. As much as his son had expressed an interest in his work, he was hopeless around plants and Miread was much more at home with Immi than rooting around in the dirt with her father. Nidawi was useful when there was the easier herbs though, and he was eager which was also promising. Dayunsi decided he could send him later to gather a few of the easier herbs. Turning back to the task at hoof he mentally sifted through the rest of the list. Bryonia would also be good for coughs but it was too late in the season already for them... Maybe some more chamomile or wild mint would work in it's place... With a small sigh, the stallion turned towards the meadows, knowing that his journey wasn't quite finished.

And paused...

There before him stood a replica of himself. Not quite exact, where flowers grew within his locks, stars glinted and the delicate flutter wings of his birth were absent. Day raised an eyebrow as he stared into golden glowing eyes of the strange, and yet familiar stallion that stood before him. "It's ok..." Dayunsi took a moment to collect his thoughts before smiling lightly, "My mate often dances... and sings for that matter. I'm kind of used to it." Remembering his manners, the flutter made a small bow. "I am Dayunsi, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Syaoran-Puu
Regulus looked at the stallion, really looked. He was... familar, but he couldn't place him. The name 'Dayunsi' or 'Day' as he for some reason recalled was also familar, but again Regulus couldn't place it... why? Why couldn't he understand the connection to the strange earth toned stallion before him? Had they met before? Maybe he had healed him once a long time ago?

Yet that idea seemed wrong, conjured by his mind as the simplest explaination of how they knew each other. Needing to know if the other stallion felt the same he said; "I don't mean to be rude... but have we met?"

Amirynth
Regulus... the familiarity caught him with stronger fervor. "Where did you say you came from? It is possible we met once a long time ago. I have not been very far from my home for quite a long time." The flutter took a few steps forward, his gaze sweeping over the brown stallion trying to place where he had seen him before. A vision of a young colt dancing across a meadow came to mind but he shook his head, thinking it was his son Nidawi. His son... Regulus looked much like the unicorn son of his but while his son had the blue hair of his mother, this stallion shared the same green hair of... of his mother. With a tilt of his head Dayunsi asked another question. "I don't mean to pry but, what was your mother's name?"

Syaoran-Puu
Regulus smiled softly at the other stallion, until a look of slight confusion covered his features. Why was this stranger so curious about where Regulus had come from? The truth was... Regulus couldn't remember, he knew he had left at a young age in search of his dream to become the best healer but he had never returned since, nor could he recall much from before his journey... the curse of old age he supposed. "A meadow..." He finally said, a memory of dancing and playing flashing to his mind, "...but I don't remember for sure. And I am sorry.... I can not remember my mothers name." He smiled softly at Dayunsi, there was definatly something so familar about him... and the longed the conversation between them seemed to go on the longer a little niggling thought seemed to whisper in his mind.

Not wanting to voice his suspicion yet Regulus simply took in the features of the other stallion, perhaps it was his way to see if there could possibly be any truth behind his next words.... there seemed to be, Dayunsi may have wings but his mane of as green as Regulus's, he too had a golden horn and eyes to match, even if his didn't glow like Regulus's did. "Are.... we related?" He chickened out of saying brother... after all, surely the other stallion would have known if he had had a missing brother?

Amirynth
"Adaline, my mother was Adaline. She had long green hair that smelled of sweet rushes, though the rest of her was pale, like the petals of the cream crocus in the spring." His memory came back to him now, of the cool nights laying by her warm side, her low voice telling them bed time stories... them... He peered at the fellow stallion for a moment that seemed timeless. "I remember growing up with a brother, so long ago now... if we were related you could be him..." Day knew his wings came from his father but then so did their coats and his gift for growing flowers, at least that is what his mother had told him. The stallion regarded Regulus as he spoke, wondering if he felt the same connection. "It has been a long time since I have seen any of my family, I had made a new home for myself here. Some times I wonder if my path had been different but maybe such was meant to be."

The little he remembered of his brother filtered back to him, like fragments of a dream after waking. He had always been the shyer of the two, his brother, carrying a warm smile and friendly countenance, was the one to lead him out into the open and greet the near by herds. It wasn't until he was the only one left that he found the courage to step out on his own. He enjoyed the healing arts but found his fascination lay with the plants and their numerous properties, such things propelled him to continue moving forwards until he found this little place of eden.

Syaoran-Puu
Regulus suddenly felt as if he had a headache, his mind trying so hard to recall something that was hidden within even his earliest memories... and for a moment Regulus couldn't help but wonder if there had been another reason why he had left? Something that he had forgotten? Something that.... ah! It didn't matter, he couldn't remember...

As Dayunsi spoke of a brother...a brother than could be him.. Regulus found his eyes snapping back open to look at him. So strange yet so familar. "I...." He paused, not really sure what he would want to say, eventually he finally finished the sentence, "....I haven't seen my family in so long either. I fear my life has mostly been dedicated to healing and travelling. I never really stop." Travel appealed to him, called to him, and with the stars to guide him he actually felt useful.

Taking a step closer to his 'brother' Regulus stopped and sniffed the air, scents were great memory triggers for him, it was one of the reasons he had been able to remember so many different plants and properties. The was definatly something familar, and the scent that was underlying the scent of flowers and vines was very similar to his own, even he couldn't deny that. Perhaps.... "You are my brother?" He found himself saying, tilting his head slightly to look at Dayunsi again.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff