Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
Rynith's Teepee (Malis Vitterfolk) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:11 am
For the horde! - Sen, Ysiel, Kepi and Zhen

Amirynth
It was time...

Ysiel had been watching these baskets, carefully placed by the two-legger who shared the glades with the herd. It had been a hard birth, both had been large and strong and now they slept peacefully within their baskets just as she had when she was smaller. Malis had grumbled a little but didn't say much when it happened, just flicked her tail at the two-legger before turning her back on the process. Ysiel knew the troll matriarch trusted him with the lives of her grandchildren and so trusted Rynth also. A trust that was well placed as the baskets started wiggling more as if the small birth within the egg was finally waking up. Standing, the hippogryph mare nickered a greeting, wondering if she needed to help.

Closed in, a need to stretch. The small blue foal wiggled about in her basket now too large to sleep peacefully. Kicking with her back legs the filly finally found freedom as a cool breeze suddenly filled the small, cramped space. She squeaked as she wiggled, trying to get out of the small area, each movement bringing her another gasp of cool air. Soon she was free, she could feel her mother helping her rise from the weaving of colourful grasses and nickered a greeting. Turning to her mothers light voice she nudged the basket which sat by her own. Where was her sibling?

YourxStarlessxEyes
User Image

Zhenyuli has been sleeping less and less comfortably in her basket lately. Up until know she had been content to sleep or just listen to the adults always talking above her. Occasionally she'd make a noise or shift in the basket, but not much else. Now, though, the round sides were pressing down on her, and she could barely move with them squeezing her like they were.

She recognized the scent of her mother above her, and then heard the sounds of ripping and tearing. It seemed to be coming from the scent that was always beside her, Zhenyuli's sibling. Deciding to follow her sibling's cue, Zhenyuli kicked in the sides of the basket and struggled to get out of it. Once she had successfully reached the light with the help of Ysiel, she looked across at the other foal, a filly like herself. Stepping up to her, Zhenyuli bumped their noses together. "Hi," she said blinking at her vibrantly blue sister.

She had little horns on top of her head, reminding Zhenyuli as tusks for your head. She also had beautifuly tiny wings, and as it seemed, looked a lot like their Mama!

Amirynth
"Welcome little ones, welcome my dears." Ysiel smiled as she saw both daughters emerge from the baskets they had been sleeping in. One that looked like her own and the other who resembled her mate, Sen'jin. For a moment she hoped he would be returning soon from his rounds. The guardian of Willowglen was often busy but she knew he was probably already returning, most likely with his mother, Malis, the matriarch of the herd.

"Heya there!" The bright blue filly stretched our and shook her mane, her wings coming up as she did so. She glanced around at them puzzled for a moment before running forward and nudging her sister with her forehead. As if from a memory she felt the words come to her mind, bubbling up from her time sleeping. Ysiel spoke to them often, she knew that in an instant, but so did a deeper voice who's words were more clipped. "Welcome welcome!" She parroted her mother with a bright voice. She was the big sister so it was her duty to take charge and help her little sister. The blue foal had decided this before getting distracted and scooting under her large bulk to peek at the feathers. Her mother had wings too!

YourxStarlessxEyes
Zhenyuli giggled at her older sister who welcomed her, already seemingly stepping into her role. She smiled as her sister nudged her back, and then she beamed up at her mother, moving in close to nuzzle against her. While her sister examined their mother's bright wings, Zhenyuli looked curiously about her at the landscape surrounding them all around.

There was a something missing, at least one presence that had loomed over her baskets many days and nights. It was large, and had a deep, gruff voice. Zhenyuli started looking all around, puzzled by the feeling she got, and unsure of what was missing. Curiously, she looked up at her mother, and tried to voice all the questions running through her head. "Where...where are we?" she asked, speaking for the first time really. "I know you're my...mama, and she's my...sister." At this Zhenyuli peeked around to where her sister was on the other side of Ysiel. "But I... don't really know... what's happening," she said, trying to form her thoughts into words as she began to figure out how to communicate.

Amirynth
The hippogryph smiled down at her two beautiful children. One resembled herself in miniature while the other reminded her of her mate. She was amazed that after all that she had been carrying them, the long wait as they rested in baskets, finally she could greet them. She was about to look around for someone to spread the news when Voodoo, Sen's familiar, flew into the glade. The bat had arrived into the herd shortly after the kalona attack and was a welcome messenger, even if he spent most of the daylight hours sleeping. "Get Malis?" She asked the winged one who nodded and flew back out.

"Already have love..." Sen'jin stepped into the small clearing, making it seem even smaller. "Ah be goin' t' tell her when she already be knowin'." He chuckled lightly, "Though ah not be quite sure ah be surprised about that." He moved over to give his mate a loving nose before turning towards the small fillies who came from their union. "My my, what little ones they are. Sure they be growin' big and strong?" He chuckled lightly again to show he was teasing them before lowering his head, "Welcome little ones to t' family. Ya be trolls now!" Sen added with pride in his voice.

She stood in awe as her father, for that is who he must be, towered over her and her sister. She moved forward, half curious, half wanting to protect her sister, her eyes watching his every move. She wanted to say something but for the moment stayed silent, waiting to see what would happen next.

YourxStarlessxEyes
Zhenyuli's eyes widened as a bat flew into the clearing, although she didn't know what it was yet. She watched as her mother whispered something to the bat, who seemed to understand and then left. Before she could wonder at it, a very large male who looked a lot like her stepped into the clearing, joining their mother.

Zhenyuli recognized the large presence, and realized he must be her father, although she didn't know who this Malis person was. She listened to her dad teasingly call them small, but smiled happily at the pride in his voice, and trotted up to him immediately to show him that she wasn't afraid, and would be a strong troll. Her sister moved in front of her, though, wanting to protect her, it seemed, but Zhenyuli was the one who spoke.

"What are trolls?" she asked, although she was still proud to be whatever they were, her eyes sparkling with interest at the father she so closely resembled.

Amirynth
"Trolls be what we be." A larger dark figure come into the clearing, her bright red dreads hanging low to her knees. "Trolls be t' strength o' t' earth, t' wisdom o' t' whisperin' wind, t' power o' t' rushin' river an' t' fierceness o' t' flame. Ya be childs o' t' spirits, here by their grace an' t' learn o' their teachin's." She moved forward, eying both of them with a stern gaze. Foreboding was her aura as she studied them closely, measuring their poise and temperament. With a decisive nod the matriarch of WillowGlen leaned close to the younger foal, breathing out as she did so, bringing with her the scent of sandalwood and sage. "Ah be sensin' growth and change. One be a part o' sometin' larger, t' other be a wanderin' spirit. Each be havin' their own path t' follow but ah be seein' more t' be comin'." Turning towards elder sister she eyed small wings and then glanced towards Ysiel. "This one takes after t' mother."

YourxStarlessxEyes
Zhenyuli stared up at the large mare with wide eyes. She wasn't too sure who she was, but she sensed she was powerful, and somewhat familiar. She listened, fascinated, to the talk of what she and her sister were. She wasn't sure what it all meant, but it stirred a shiver of pride and excitement in her. She held her breath as the old mare bent close to her, telling her of something in the future, although she couldn't grasp what. It seemed to have to do with her sister and herself.

"Bu' what are trolls, besides that?" she asked curiously, a little lost by her grandmother's long, mystical explanation. In her mind, she wondered what the mare would think of her resemblance to her father that made her so happy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:13 am
On the subject of food - Solemn, Goth, Loque and Fleurite

Hot Lolli
Loque'nahak : -Digs his claws into the earth while in horse form and snarls- Catwalkers are not a challenge- We are death.

Naysha Aysha
Goth: OOOOooh so scary vittle kitty cat, go roll in some cat n**

Hot Lolli
Loque'nahak : -Laughs- And what are you? A mutation of a kalona? A random mistake that just happens to think it's better because it looks different? Because you're bigger? Double of nothing is still nothing.

Naysha Aysha
Goth: I never said I vas better but admit it you guys are cute! Cute and evil is a good combination no? You be like look at me I am cute and fluffy...then suddenly you eat them, yes of course yes! I am a mutant yes very much so, but that doesnt make me better than no vone, and no vone is better the me. And yet everything is edible in my book. Kolona, mutants, skinwalkers, two legs, anything from A to Z as long as it doesn't eat me first. *Goth laughed*

Hot Lolli
Loque'nahak : -Is confused for just a split second and thus more on guard- o.O That is a very interesting ... hunger you have. I would compliment you and say that it is very alike to that of a pure catwalker but you are wrong about no one being better than yourself. For we are. -Squints his eyes in a cat smile- I do like your "cute" idea. I feel it could work very well in some instances.

Amirynth
Solemn: Sol eyes the 'bat' and then grins toothily at Loque. "I have to agree with the winged one, it is quite an advantage when using charms to lure an unsuspecting morsel." He turns to the bat. "However it is presumptuous of you to believe you are the best when it is obvious you are just another winged type, teeth and vicious nature aside."

Hot Lolli
Loque'nahak : -Eyes the new Cat to assess him- Have you tried this technique, then? I am not one to try things blindly with running a few ... Tests first.

Naysha Aysha
Goth: Eh vhat every you wish to think kitty kitty kitty. It does not matter to me how you stroke your own vittle ego. All things again are equally edible even me, though I can not eat myself that vould be silly Ah ha....and vou vouldn't like me either Ironically enough blood drinkers never taste good though you think they vould seeing as I like blood and they are doubly full of it but ah there you go

Amirynth
Solemn: "Why of course." The stallion waves a hoof in the air as he spoke. "It isn't every day you can wander around and be called a 'guardian'. Such charm! Instead of having to hunt my own food, I get pick of the litter. It's the difference between chicken feet and caviar!"

Dragain
Brioso: *fell for an Eagle-skinwaller's "I'M A LOST ANGENI, HELP ME!" trick when she was younger* >.>; * probably would have fallen for a kitty-cat though*

Fleurite: *will fall for kitty-cat* o///o

Naysha Aysha
Goth: Again I never said I vas the best. Everyvone is equval in my eyes. If you vish to think yourselves better then me go a head it does not bother this blood sucker. Vhat bothers this blood sucker is the lack of blood vhich he is sucking. Either of you care to donate? *says jokingly with a stupid grin on his face before laughing* ah it is vun to tease the normals.

Hot Lolli
Loque' : ... Guardian? -Snarls- You pretend to be a protector and minion of our own food source? Just so you can eat what would "harm" them? That does not sound like trickery so much as laziness. -Sniffs ... And catches a faintly familiar scent- You smell like a very tasty variety of flutter.
-Blinks serenely at Fleurite- >] Flutters are so very much my favourite.
You, bat. -Looks at Goth- I will not donate my blood to you, but should you promise not to kill the boy I can offer my son.

Amirynth
Solemn: "You can call it 'lazyness if you wish." The catwalker shrugged. "I just prefer to pass up on the inferior of the herds and only settle for the sweetest and best. For there is nothing more irresistible than the betrayed. The look on their faces when their time is up just adds to the flavor." He licked his lips before turning to the bat. "I shall not begrudge one of their odd choices in sustenance but if you think about drinking my own blood I shall have to put you down swifly."

Dragain
Fleurite: *freezes* D8 F-F-Flutters t-taste b-b-bad, I-I'm s-sure...

Amirynth
Solemn: *Peers at the flutter* Do I know you from somewhere child?

Hot Lolli
Loque' : Hmph. -Whispers to Solemn- I have found that with starting an army I do not have the time for such games anymore... And my lover and Queen has never been one for waiting. -Smiles disarmingly at Fluerite- Why, m'dear, we are talking figuratively. Kitty cats like we are too sweet and fluffy to actually harm anything more than a mouse. -Watches her carefully-

Dragain
Fleurite: N-n-n-no... ;o; *turns to the pawed one* B-But I've b-b-been t-told... Y-Your t-types are d-da-dangerous...

Sayuri_Nitta
Mouse: *panics and curls up in a ball, shaking from hooves to tail*

Dragain
Fleurite: *inches towards the filly, wraps tail around her* D: Y-You poor thing!

Naysha Aysha
Goth@Solemn: Oh don't vorry I normally sneak blood from those vho vould be a threat to my life vhile they sleep . Im a killer but I'm not stupid ok? But normally for those less entertaining and more dangerous I vill ask for donations.

@Loque': I can do that. *smiles* Just a boost for some hunting vould be greatly appreciated and possible rewarded some how in the future. Us vinged vones can be usefull in group hunts after all. I am certainly not adverse to teams up with fellow flesh eaters. *also eyes the flutter* Do not believe I ave had one of those before. *the young stallions eyes lite up with curiosity and blood lust*

Sayuri_Nitta
Mouse: *quivers even more* don'teatmemynamesjustMousenotreallyamouse

Amirynth
Whispers aside to Loque, an army you say?
Solemn actually ponders for a long while as he regards the flutter. "Your charming visage does appear to be familiar. Either I have seen you before or maybe a relative?" He eyes the bat-winged one before shaking his head. "It is attitudes like such that scare the poor defenseless little ones. They are not called the 'fairer sex' without just cause!" The catwalker observes the one named Mouse. "My dear child, this is but a story enveloped into a fairytale. Does not the monster always get vanquished in the end when the gallant knight comes to the rescue?" At a glance to Fleurite, "Or Knightess?"

Hot Lolli
Loque' : Yes, an army. We are looking... -Eyes Goth- Yes, well. This is good. I think an arrangement can be made for sure. First- Let me introduce one of my twin sons. Poe'thas. -Turns to his son- Let this nice stallion drink some of your blood and then go ... play with any other young ones about.

Poe'thas : Yes, father. -Steps forward- If I play with these other children... May I -

Loque' : Mind their parents. -Grins-

Amirynth
Solemn: Aside to Loque, I may have to discuss with you at a later date I feel. "Ahh this is your little one?" He adds loudly, "My he looks like he shall grow up to become a fine gentleman. "Ah by jove!" He turns to smile winningly albeit a bit toothily at the flutter. "I do believe I have it! You, my dear, could be related to a flutter stallion I happen to be an acquaintance of. His name escapes me but I notice a resemblance in the wing structure and the delicate bridge of your nose..."

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:14 am
Learning Something New. - Nek'mani, Caoimhe, and Malis

Yuuka Kurokawa
User Image

Nek'mani sighed, today was going to be one of those days. She could tell. Her father would be upset, but one day she hoped he would understand. She was going to go visit Malis, her great great grandmother. She wanted to learn how to heal and it wasn't even like she was going alone! Caoimhe, the alicorn mare, was going to be accompanying her. Speaking of Caoimhe...where in the Kawani lands was she?! The longer Nek'mani stood and waited the more sure she became that her father would return and put a stop to her journey. She scanned the sky once more and spotted a white dot that she hoped was the mare heading her way.

User Image

The mare in question was returning from an early morning visit with her mate. Amitiel had the right to know that she would be gone, most likely for a long time. She didn't want him to worry. As she wheeled around to land, she noted with some satisfaction that her left wing, which had been injured during her battle with the Batwalker, Terra, was doing better today. She hadn't felt the usual twinge of pain that accompanied her maneuvers of late. Her mate had been less than pleased with what had happened, but understood and for that she was grateful. She was also grateful for the joint efforts of Zuilian and the two-legger Adsali that sheltered her. If it hadn't been for them, she might have lost her wing entirely. As she landed, she regarded the troll mare that she lived with with a smile. It seemed she was eager to leave. "Shall we get going then?" She was probably being cheeky and she knew this, but she really couldn't help teasing the younger mare a bit. They were soon on the road, making their way slowly towards where Nek'mani's grandmother Ai'jin had said the trolls could be found.

Amirynth
User Image

There had been a stirring of the spirits which had been getting stronger as time went on. Malis opened her eyes from her meditation and glared at the nearby tree for a long moment. Something was coming, a storm which would affect all and yet she could not fathom it's direction. With a firm push, the large troll mare stood up from where she had been laying. Many hours she had spent in this glade, protected by the charms and trinkets that surrounded the boundaries. She had hoped the fathom more about the disturbing feeling she had but for now it needed to wait. There was a herd to run...

After talking with her son for a while, Malis watched Sen'jin start out on his morning routine of checking their boundaries. The troll stallion also protected their sister herd of WillowGlen and in return Dayunsi grew many of the herbs that Malis needed for her shamanistic arts. Shaking out her dreads, the troll mare started on her own rounds, checking in on Tuuli and Kepi, her grandchild and great grandchild. They were already up and about, a blessing for her but a curse for their teachers. It was getting close to spring... almost time to start their teaching in the healing arts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:15 am
Pact with the devil. - Solemn and Equinox

Epine de Rose
User Image

It had been a few months now and her injury had healed. Well, it had healed in the sense that there was no visible scarring but without the influence of a unicorn, the limp would be a permanent fixture in her life. For a time it had depressed her and she hadn't reveled in the sense of vulnerability that it left but eventually she had grown accustomed to it. She couldn't walk for as long as she might have liked but slowly she was beginning to see the benefits in such a thing... For one, it limited how far she could explore and as a consequence, it limited how many creatures saw her.

You see, Equinox was in hiding and the more witnesses there were to her existence, the more awkward life became for her. She had chosen a life of isolation to protect her family following an accident - the shame at her defeat would have caused them all to suffer and this was something she couldn't permit. In essence, the mare had feigned her own death and in doing so, was sure she may have broken the hearts of her family. However it was for the best and in time she hoped that her sacrificed would be recognised and her family's life would improve.

...Little did she know that her father had already taken measures to this effect.

Alas, despite her feigned death there were still whispers of herd scouts in the area. They had been instructed to remain mindful of the possibility of survival and as such, they were always alert even in an indirect manner of speaking. Suffice to say that this was making her life increasingly awkward and short of some drastic measures there was no way to throw them completely off her scent. Well, it would have been more accurate to say that she couldn't think of any method to throw them off her scent. Truth be told she was going to require something exceptional to succeed at such a thing and as of yet, this 'exceptional' solution had yet to be presented to her.

For the time being she could do nothing but lay low and this was precisely what she had elected to do this morning. It was with a sigh that she made her way towards the forest's edge. It was a short walk by most standards and she made reasonable work of it, placing distance between herself and her home within the colonies. A favoured spot, it would provide her with food, shade from the heat of the sun and a pleasant vantage point to soquili watch.

If she was lucky, today would prove to be a pleasant one.

Amirynth
User Image

He stalked his pray carefully, sighting the distance and keeping himself down wind. The small rabbit nibbled on lush grass, unawares of it's impending demise. Leaping, the large feline landed on the ball of fur with claws sheathed. He would play for a little bit first. After thwapping the rabbit around the ears he let it go, giving it enough time to start to scamper away before pouncing once more, this time swiping at it's legs. The small critter stumbled, rolling as it hit the ground, right into his waiting paws. This time the claws came out, savagely taring at the fun until there was little left but scraps which he quickly ate. While his hunger was satisfied for the moment, his ferocity was not.

Looking around, his eyes narrowed as he heard movement of hooves come close to where he was hidden. Keeping low to the ground the feline edged towards the sound, his eyebrow raising as he noticed the pale blue mare who was completely unawares of his presence. With a sly grin he quickly slunk through the underbrush ahead of her path, stepping out just before she passed by. Sitting down to prevent her passage the feline nonchalantly licked his paws, waiting for her response.

Epine de Rose
Today was not her lucky day.

Equinox quickly conceded that the fates had decided that they were not going to humour her. Apparently relaxing beneath the trees and basking in the heat of the mid-afternoon sun was not supposed to be on her list of things to do. She heaved a disgruntled sigh at this news and made it perfectly clear that she didn't appreciate this type of disturbance. Give her an annoying soquili for all that she cared but she really wasn't in the mood to run for her life - while the feline looked as if it had already eaten this morning that could mean very little. For a start, Equinox was completely unaware of how much it had eaten, it could still be hungry.

Nevertheless the blue mare had never been one to cow from anything and rather than bolt immediately she had elected to throw her weight around first. She was a reasonably large mare by all standards and as such, the feline would have be faced with a tough enough challenge if he opted to assault her face to face. Granted at this precise moment in time she was unaware that she was looking at a skinwalker, if she had been aware she may very well have re-evaluated her strategy.

"Move," she ordered coolly, her tone an indication that she was not a well humoured mare and nor did she have any inclination towards games.

Amirynth
Her response humored him. Of course, it was obvious she did not know who's path she crossed but there was also something there that intrigued him enough to wonder if she would have cared had she known. He chuckled internally as he considered his next move. His first thought was to use his good looks to charm the mare into a false security before pouncing and yet this one would probably not fall for that trick. This was happening more and more recently, taking the run out of hunting. He mentally rolled his eyes. What was the world coming to when the damsels in distress refused to be distressed? Wrinkling his nose, Solemn decided he would try something new, if it worked he'd have a new level of the game to toy with, if not... well she looked delicious still, even with her attitude.

"Move my dear child?" His voice rumbled deep and clear. "Why ever do you believe I should move from my position?" Still sitting, he switched paws and licked it a few times before gesturing towards the blue sky above. "This location is precisely where the sun falls in such a manner that is optimal to my needs." He stretched and laid down onto his side, his sleek muscles bunching under his fir as he did so. There was an aura of calm detachment from the world, as if she only partially interested him and yet he regarded her closely with half lidded eyes. "What would you offer in return of my obedience to your most pleasant request?"

Epine de Rose
Equinox was not a damsel in distress for the simple reason that she had never been raised as one. Gentle sensibilities were not something her family excelled at and with an ever logical father and a tomboy for a mother, delicacy and elegance generally didn't enter their vocabulary. She did possess manners, this went without saying, but if Solemn had been in search of a prissy little princess he was looking at the wrong mare. Instead, he had come face to face with a battle hardened cynic who had seen a great deal and lived to tell the tale. That being said, she probably could have redirected him to a damsel, lord knew there were plenty of the little hens to pester. Not only would he be doing everyone a public service, he'd be saving her a headache too.

Hens and peacocks, Equinox's worst nightmare - well, second worst nightmare. The first was being discovered by scouts and her family exposed, something she simply couldn't permit.

Nevertheless when he referred to her as a 'child' her eyebrow did threaten to raise - it took a great deal of control to remain neutral. A moment later, when she had settled to listen to his remarks, her lips pursed and she regarded him with something between disdain and bemusement. It was an odd conversation to be sure, but it wasn't every day you ended up speaking in riddles with a cat - particularly when they hadn't been there the last few days you had visited. Discipline ensured that she kept any glib remarks to herself and rather than snap for the 'child' remark she held her peace... something that would most likely save her life.

"I would offer nothing in return for your 'obedience'," she replied mildly. "Obedience implies that I gave an order, you regarded it as a request, therefore as a request it would be based on your own generosity," she pointed out. She allowed these words to settle and shook her head; of all the things she had to deal with in the morning, this was not one she cared for. Riddles had never been her thing, she hated them.

"Regardless, if you have decided to mark this pathway as your own then keep it, I can use another," It was with that, she backed away, raising her eyes heavenwards in brief exasperation. There were other routes she could take, if this feline wanted to emulate a sphinx then let him, he could bother someone else! With this in mind she deviated from her original path and elected to walk around him.

Amirynth
Ahh, this is what he was looking forward too. A challange! Getting up he stretched, his whole body rippling with the motion. From this point it was a decision of curiosity, if he pressed, she might turn against him, forgoing that facade of politeness she seemed to be struggling to keep up. That would be an amusement for a short while until she finally snapped at him. Otherwise he could let her go for the moment and track her down just as evening was falling. The vision of his lithe body slinking out of the shadows like the moon from behind a cloud was alluring. At her moment of weakness he could calmly state his prowess of tracking and then slink back off for the night leaving her to her own worries of discovery. At least until the next moment he designed to show himself. Moving the few steps he needed to reach her, Solemn rubbed his body against her leg slowly before sitting back down. There was always a third option, always a few steps in between the extremes...

"I believe I shall walk with you." Solemn knew he would have her in little to no time if he played his cards right. "There are wild beasts in these woods. You never know who might be following you and, while I can see you are able to keep yourself safe," he slyly gestured towards her bad leg and circled her once as he continued, "such a journey calls out for companionship." Waiting until he was before her once more Solemn paused to let his next words sink in, "You never know, we might be rather good for each other. I am a familiar of sorts you know..."

Epine de Rose
Her appreciation for cats was beginning to lessen at a rather considerable pace. She'd never had anything against them up until this point; the house cats where she lived tended to ignore her and she tended to ignore them. However, this cat's continued presence was testing her patience and his apparent determination to stick to her like glue was wearing thin. Of all the things she could have acquired today, it was this cat and she had always thought that the Turkey-stallion was irritating. She couldn't help but release an exasperated and clearly irritated sigh - why was it that the fates always like to toy with her? All she had wanted this afternoon was a quiet, peaceful and otherwise pleasant day without any unnecessary disturbances!

Hmph.

"Will you now?" she replied wrily as he declared he should accompany her, partially to ensure her own welfare. His reference to her leg (while brief) did tweak a nerve but she refrained from letting this show. Instead she elected to lift a brow at how forward he was and even more so, at the irony of the entire situation. Here was a cat declaring that he should accompany her so that she would remain safe on her journey, and yet he had clearly made reference to the fact that this was the perfect hunting spot for himself not mere moments ago. Did he really take her for that much of an idiot? She was just a touch incredulous over this musing and it took a shake of her head to banish the thought from her mind.

"Companionship like you," she drawled and shook her head. "Would this be before or after you jump me in a dark shadow where witnesses are few and heroes are none?" she enquired darkly, her lack of trust towards him clear. She was no naive young miss and given as he'd outed himself as a hunter upon initial greeting, it would have been foolish for her to trust him in that respect.

Amirynth
Now she was starting to get a glimmer of who he might be. With a low chuckle he made a bow, "I can assure you my pray is only the small creatures of the forest." The lie fell with ease from his lips with practice, his suave manner still with the air of friendliness. "Or would you accept the idea of one such as myself considering the notion that I would try to attack you from such a disadvantage. If I was planning on adding you to the menu I would have vanished already only to stalk you and catch you later when I had the inclusion of surprise." That statement at least held much in the way of truth. Solemn decided he liked this mare, her feisty personality reminded him of one he knew of long ago though with that memory came the remembrance of what happened to her... Well, all in good time, he supposed.

"You happen to be forgetting that one might be enjoying passing the time away with conversation even with such as yourself. The form of a cat is not always the easiest to make acquaintances though I get the inclination you would not want someone around you for longer than in necessary." Solemn extended one claw out in front of his face as if to add to his point. "To vicious, aggressive, a monster... such are the accusations of one like myself. Will you be another to add to the long list?" He peered at her searchingly with glowing blue eyes.

Epine de Rose
She still wasn't buying it, he was big enough to take on some of the larger soquili in these regions. Not only that, but based on size alone he would require more that just 'small creatures' to sustain himself. Honestly, she was beginning to think that soquili in this region assumed she had only been born yesterday. Feigning ignorance was one thing, but all out stupidity was an entirely different matter and she really didn't excel all that well at either of those. If she were to be honest, her lack of tolerance for anything ridiculous made the whole idea of acting 'stupid', completely absurd.

However, when he made reference to his poor approach she did concede that there was some logic to his argument. She sincerely doubted that if he was hungry, he would give a rats a** about a pre-emptive strike, but for the time being his apetite seemed satisfied. Thus, his immediate threat level was lessened in this sense and she could appreciate that he had made a reasonable observation (even if she didn't necessarily like it). She held her peace though, electing to keep her thoughts to herself in this respect, he might have a point now but that didn't mean she would let her guard down.

"I do not provide the most enlightening conversation," she pointed out wrily and shook her head. Nevertheless, she hadn't the patience to argue that point out and simply allowed him the 'point' and even lifted a brow at his immediate and very accurate assumption that she was not one for company.

Interesting.

"If you are aware that I have little desire for company then why do you insist on conversing?" she enquired coolly and released a sigh. "And while all those descriptions might hold some truth to them, I would prefer to address you as 'annoying' rather than those you might suggest," she pointed out. Well, if he had been expecting another rather brutal word to add to his list he was to be disappointed, he hadn't given her grounds to be appalled, he'd only served to exasperate her at the moment!

Amirynth
"My intent for conversing is for the simple matter of... well I don't suppose you would want to listen to such a long winded tale of woe." He turned his back to her and started walking down the path, tail curling from side to side in a slow motion just like an innocent house cat. "No, I am sure you would be more interested to know about the small band of soquili who are near by. They have been traveling closer for the past few moments. I am sure you would be much more interested in conversing with them." Looking back over his shoulder he arched an eyebrow. "They even smell a little like you and I can't abide standing around while an ambush is being prepared."

For, while Solemn was perfectly happy stalking a lone female, he wasn't in the mood to deal with a posse. Especially if he was preparing to stake out this little corner of land. Having his cover blown so soon would be disruptive and he would just have to start all over again, a thought he did not relish.

Epine de Rose
"Are you implying that I'm being stalked by a posse?" Nox replied, fighting the urge to sound incredulous at what could only be described as a ridiculous idea. She had no enemies, she never spoke to anyone and she was worthless so any pursuit of her was meaningless. For all intents and purposes, the mare was almost inclined to accuse Solemn of being the subject of their interest as opposed to herself. Afterall, if they had been following her for a while then she would have smelled them from a distance considering where the wind was blowing.

...Unless of course, they had come by air.

She pulled a face at her own thought processes and eventually shook her head, forcing a snort from her nostrils as she sauntered on. She would reach her own destination of choice eventually, but it seemed that the feline had latched comfortably onto her - he was to be her company for this afternoon whether she liked it or not. Alternatively, she was his company until such times as he got bored, tried to eat her, or found another poor a** to hunt.

"In short you're being tracked because you're the dodgy one, you've just managed to systematically link me into your farce," she replied coolled and rolled her eyes. Alas, as an individual who did not aspire towards drama and preferred to keep her existence hidden, it would have seemed that Solemn was not the only one who needed to keep his cover intact. Consequently, the mare elected not to argue further and simply stalked forward, her limp slightly more pronounced as she quickened her pace.

"You're an prat, that's all I have to say about this - couldn't you have picked some random sap in the corner? There are better social butterflies than me to keep you hidden from hunters," she muttered.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:16 am
Living off the land. - Quauhxochotl and Voodoo

Etherial Requiem
User Image

She had found herself traveling with the odd, colorful male. For the most part, she spent her time quiet, taking in their surroundings. The sounds, the sights and colors. She was taking in all she could, making sure to memorize what she could. At the very least she was thankful she seemed to have a 'guide' now.

She liked to travel on her own, tho it seemed to have more drawbacks than good in such a large world she knew nothing about. She could never have dreamt that the world outside the jungles she was raised in were so vast. Not that she really expected anything less...

She found herself flexing her wings often, not used to using her legs all the time. She liked to pride herself on her own stature, but she often found her eyes moving over the male's body, in wonder over his own strong, defined muscles. She assumed it was because he only had one means of transportation.

Amirynth
User Image

Voodoo searched the area for a good resting place. The sun was only just starting it's descent towards it's nightly slumber but that only meant it was the best time to look for a safe glade or clearing. The troll trotted through the trees, observing the different from the jungle foliage that he grew up with. Using his tusks to push aside branches, the strong stallion cleared a passage way for the mare who followed him. He glanced back once or twice with a curious look before striding forward once more, while his mind was focused on the task at hoof, he couldn't help but appreciate her beauty.

With a snort he pushed away an especially thick branch to find exactly what he was looking for. Not only could he hear water flowing near by, which if it belonged to the stream they had been following, would be perfect and clear for drinking, but there was a few bushes that he had sampled before and who's berries were quite tasty. With a smug look upon his face he turned to show the mare his findings. "An' it be havin' a nice place t' lay down too. We be nice an' protected here fer many days." Voodoo glanced over his shoulder for a moment, "Though we not be stayin fer more than a night o' two..."

Etherial Requiem
Normally, she would insist on making her own way through the foliage, however, as he moved it didnt seem to be up for discussion. She followed him easily, and even blushed a bit as he looked back to her. It was in those moments she was so thankful that her fur was already bright. He made her feel... almost feminine. She wasnt sure if she liked it, but for the moment it was nice. Who would have thought that the male she previously considered as rather ignorant could make her feel this way.

Again, it was hard to not admire his strength, and he certainly seemed to know his way around, that was something else she would easily admire. He wasnt just all brawn, he actually seemed to know what he was doing. She stepped closer as he finished and turned to her. Her wings folded back neatly, and she looked around, a small smile curled on her lips as she again seemed a little surprised, tho tried not to show it.

"Its perfect..." she said softly before looking up to him. "Is there anything I can do?" she felt bad having him do all the work, and actually felt quite humbled by her first harsh judgment of him.

Amirynth
He shook his head, "Nah, most of t' place has got everythin' we be needin'. Unless ya be prefferin' t' new growth of t' flowers that we saw just a ways back." Voodoo knew that, while berries were tasty, the small yellow flowers of the elder trees added an extra crisp to the diet. Starting his way around the edge of the clearing he gathered bunches of fern fronds, piling them up into a comfortable bed for the both of them. After stomping down the piles a little he eyed the mare, stopping to appreciate her colour against the dark greens of the forest around them. "Feel like having a dip in t' river?"

Etherial Requiem
She nodded to his words, not pressing the issue or demanding to help. She just continued to watch him, ears moving at the sounds. HIs suggestion on the flowers made her nod a bit, but she found herself not even wanting to go that route unless he was going to go as well. Her normal self sufficient nature being pushed aside for the moment.

She shifted a bit out of the way as he made their bed, and when he looked up, his words made her blush darkly. Normally, they wouldnt have that much of an effect on her at all. It wasnt as if it meant anything... she slammed down the voice in her head that made her start to question as if it meant anything. She blinked and shook her head a moment to clear her thoughts before smiling kindly.

"That would be lovely..." she spoke sincerely. Actually acting a bit of a lady, which to her was odd in itself.

Amirynth
"Well then ladies be goin' first." Voodoo held the branches out of her way so she could slip along the path he had just forged to the rivers edge. The cool, refreshing mountain water moved by at a languished pace. It was wide enough to make fording a little difficult but shallow enough that they did not need to get completely submerged. After finding a good place to splash in without getting too muddy, the troll stallion forded in first, making sure there were not nasty critters laying in wait below the surface. "Come on in, t' water be just fine!" With a toothy grin, Voodoo ducked his head under the shimmering liquid before shaking out his mane, sending droplets every where about him. "Much be in t' way o' refreshin' an all."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:39 am
A welcomed sight. - Jentzerlok and Voodoo

Strait Jacket Girl
The day was cool and crisp. A renewed cold front had moved across the land and Grey skies threatened an on slaughter of a snowstorm. Snow already coated the ground, smothering the grass that clung on for life striving to feel the sun's warmth in the cold days. The land seemed harsh and barren, but some land looked worse. Jentzerlok Had seen worse. He looked up at the sky and expected to see more of the same, the sky dull and grey, smothering the sun as the snow smothered the grass and flowers. It saddened him that the flowers were smothered in snow. He was quite fond of gathering flowers. He'd found himself in these foreign lands for a few days and had yet to meet anyone. He was near thinking the lands were barren of other life till he came across tracks in the snow, he was no tracker of hunter but it was clear to see hoof marks in the snow. Even a human could tell they were tracks.

He hadn't followed the tracks. He wasn't interested in following anyone for interaction. He was searching for trolls. He'd heard that a few had traveled this way, not many which led to potential danger. There were plenty of trolls back home so they could spare a few. Here however, he shook his head, here they could get hurt. Not that he doubted there skills and abilities but even the best warrior could be overwhelmed. Strength in numbers, though he was traveling alone. He held his head high taking in the white surroundings offset by the dark brown bare trees. He was determined to continue his search for trolls till he succeed. He'd left his closest friend to set off on this journey and he'd not let that be in vain. He wished he'd been smarter to come better prepared for the cold as well though it was only a minor agitation.

Amirynth
User Image

The snow was getting to him. Voodoo snorted, his nose full of the cold crystals of ice. Peering back to spot the straggling mare he snorted again. The last thing he needed for this journey was a tag-a-long but he couldn't seem to shake her off. Still he was honor-bound to provide a safe and comfortable trip for her and thus he made sure their path was a clear one. Stomping down the high drifts of snow, the troll knocked off a pile of the pale crystals onto the ground to see if there was any leaves to be gathered. The few shoots of the coming of spring cheered up his failing mood and the stallion grinned. "Oi! 'ere Nami, got breakfast." Voodoo broke off the branch and carried over to her before dropping it onto the ground. "It's not much but if we be travelin' a bit further in we be findin' more, ah be sure of it."

Terranero
User Image

Nami nibbles at the branch happily, looking at Voodoo. She prances in the snow a bit to keep herself warm, smiling. "So den, my sweet Voodoo, wat be we after again?" She nudges what is left of the branch towards Voodoo, happy to be with him even in the cold. She didn't mind the cold, since she was excited to be traveling with Voodoo. She kept close to him, for warmth and company.

Strait Jacket Girl
White and grey seemed to stretch for miles save for the trees that broke the still scene. It was quiet, no birds fluttered about in the cold weather squawking about twigs or what have you. The large stallion also realized no smaller critters were about, no doubt cooped up avoiding the cold snow at all costs. In the silence though it was quiet easy to hear the swoosh of snow falling from branches. Most often they were small amount making very little noise but a louder one cleared a few branches of snow. the sound caused Jentzerlok's ear to twitch toward the sound.

He then turned his head to examine what had happened and found the branches budding sprouting shots of green. A color that he'd yet to really see up close from the new land. It pleased him to find that the land was not all barren as he had feared. They weren't grown enough for herb gathering though.

Amirynth
"Ah first be lookin' fer more trolls. Ah be hearin' they be here somewhere. An' then ah be askin' fer their help in charmin' mah sweet Malis int' stayin' wit' mahself forever!" The stallion grinned toothily as he munched on some of the leaves. It wasn't until he looked around for some more that he noticed the other stallion near by. "Oi! There be someone there.." Deciding to investigate he turned towards Nami and nudged her into the low brush. "Ya be stayin' here where it be safe fer now. Ah be findin' out who it be an' then ya can come say heya if they be all friendly like..." Not waiting for her reply, Voodoo forged on, coming up to the blue stallion with a friendly, albeit toothy, grin. "Heya there stranger, who might ya be?"

Strait Jacket Girl
Herbs, Herbs, Herbs, nothing much else pleased the stallion more then herbs. There was his familiars that pleased him more then herbs but he'd found they were not to be found nor summoned in the new lands, so the only thing that would be able to make him happier and more pleased would be... A TROLL!!! Before he even saw him he knew he'd found a troll. He turned his head to find the speaker f the voice that had spoken to him and grinned. His journey to find other trolls had been rewarded finally. It was a welcomed sight. "Jentzerlok. Ah was wonnerin if ah'd ere' fine a'nothah trool. An Yer'self?"

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:03 pm
Tusks and Claws. - Vanya and Voodoo

LOLTERNATIVE
User ImageVanya stretched out under the trees, various work bags around her filled with metals, precious gems and tools. She was a little ways away from the nesting grounds and was happily enjoying the silence, crafting bracelets for no purpose other than keeping herself busy. She was currently working on a silver piece of wire, twisting and bending it into different shapes before cutting them off with a tool resting at her feet. Beside her was the bracelet; a thin metal chain that had taken her quite a few attempts to get right. Little loops hung from the chains and she would hang the charms she'd made from these loops.

Placing the wire aside for a moment so she could stand and walk in a circle, Vanya stretched her legs and let out a sigh of relief. She wasn't used to sitting still for so long; but for some reason she felt like being on her own and doing her own thing today. Perhaps it was in the weather. As it was, she'd have to return soon seeing as it was nearing time for dinner. Her stomach rumbled a little and she realised she couldn't quite wait that long and decided to hunt for some berries to snack on while she was here. Covering her bags with a branch, she moved forward through the trees to the edge of the forest.

It didn't take her long to find the berry bush and she stuck her nose in, taking a few mouthfuls. A few berries burst as she did so and covered her coat with juices. She grunted and frowned, eying the purple stain. "That'll be there for a while..," she mumbled with a frown. "I'll have to ask someone to help me clean it."

Amirynth
User Image Munch, munch munch...

Voodoo had spotted the berry bush earlier on in the day during the Horde's treck through the area. It had been a while since any new soquili had been sighted and Voodoo got the distinct impression there were hunters in the woods. Still, they had passed with no major events for which the troll stallion was greatful at least for now. He had seen evidence of others living nearby but ordered the Horde to rest for the rest of the day before venturing out there to investigate. The large stallion also had a weakness for berries and used the break to his advantage.

Munch, munch, munch...

They were sweet and cool in the shade and he worked his way through the bush. A few stray leaves got in the way but Voodoo wasn't known to be a tidy eater and they joined the berries. The only thing that gave pause to the munching was the arrival of a pale figure close by who seemed to also be interested in his berries. He gave the mare a look over and had to admit she was quite pretty. Voodoo had a thing for feathers! With a wide grin he raised his head, rising out from the middle of the berry bush like a sea-monster from a lake. "Well heya t'ere! Ya be needing some help wit' t' cleanin'?" He waggled his eyebrows.

LOLTERNATIVE
Jumping back with a fright as the stallion emerged from the bushes, Vanya let out a cry. It took her a second to calm her nerves and a little longer to realise what he had asked; rather cheekily, she noted as he raised his brows. She cleared her throat and held her head high, standing up straight. "It's not polite to sneak up on a lady," she huffed, brows knitted slightly. Eying the stallion more carefully, she became a little more.. careful and guarded. Tusks were just as dangerous as her claws, especially if he was experience with using them. If she ignored those features, the stallion was quite handsome. Strong-built; something she hadn't had much of a taste for at current.

Taking a step back, she eyed her surroundings, eyes gazing into the trees to try and find a branch suitable for an escape. She spotted one and moved casually around. "And how would you help, exactly, with those big tusks in the way?" She was genuinely curious. It'd be hard for him to get so close to her nose without.. She stopped; best not to think of such things. Her claws dug into the ground and flexed. "Are you alone?"

Amirynth
The troll laughed. It was a deep, throaty laugh that was full of body. "Actually if ya wanna be particular, Ah do believe that ah be here first m'lady. Though ah be apologizin' muchly if ah did anythin' t' disturb ya." He grinned toothily, eying her gorgeous feathers for a moment before nosing a berry. "Seems like ya be enticed by t' sweet fruit also. Though ah not be blamin' ya. Ya be lookin' mightly sweet yaself!." Voodoo winked slyly before answering her questions one by one. "If by bein' alone ah be givin' express orders t' not be followed then yeah. Ah got a few mates near by but they be prolly off on t'eir own quests." In fact he had been rather adamant about that single request. Nami was starting to be a little 'obvious' with her interested, enough so that the dense stallion finally caught wind of it. She had been consistantly within his shadow for the past few weeks and as much as he enjoyed the attention she was just not Malis.

Ahh... now that was a mare he would love to have following in his shadow. The large troll got an almost dreamy look upon his face as he let his mind wander over the memories of her curves, her dreads, they were short then, with intricate gold bangles woven between them, her perky little tusks and sharp manner. He loved the way she would flock her tail at him and scowl whenever he came by. She was a fierce little mare but he knew that she really wanted him deep down inside and wanted to be his mate who would let him lead her to safe pastures and let him take care of her...

He was broken out of his reverie as the feathered mare wandered over some leaves that crinkled between her toes. "As fer helpin' out ya might find ah can be pretty soft when ah be needin' ta be."

LOLTERNATIVE
It took Vanya a moment to figure out what the strange stallion before her was saying. His accent was strong and she wasn't use to such things; though the.. exoticness of it was intriguing. She huffed for a moment when she realised he was calling her out in return; but calmed herself when he apologised. The wink and the way he spoke made Vanya blush; she was used to compliments of course, but there was something about the carefree attitude of this stallion that.. ruffled her feathers more than it should. Shaking her head, she cleared her throat and was about to speak when she noticed him go off into a trance.

Mouth slightly agape, she watched him with a brow arched and wondered if perhaps this stallion had been knocked in the head too much. Perhaps run into too many trees? As quickly as he'd gone into the stupor, he snapped out of it and once again the thick accent made her blush.

"Yes.." she coughed lightly. "Well I'll be sure to keep that in mind.."

Pursing her lips slightly, she frowned a little and shifted her wait. "It would be polite to give your name in the presence of a lady such as myself. It's the least you could do."

Amirynth
"Well sure! Mah mistake fer not rememberin' right of t' bat! " The large stallion's eyes twinkled, the deep ruby red showing his merriment and yet a little chagrin. "Ah be Voodoo of t' Zandalari, ah be comin' from vereh far away from t' village o' Yojamba. If ya lucky, mebbeh one day ah be takin' ya t'ere t' see t' luscious foliage an' delicious flowers an' fruit!" He grinned toothily and gave her a low bow, the sight slightly spoiled by the fact that he was still chest deep in the berry bushes. "Though ah be doubtin' t' flower's beauty could be a match fer ya own or t' fruits bein' close t' ya delicious smell..." Voodoo finally decided to wade out of the bushes, his pale blue coat covered in dark tattoos and berry stains. Taking a glance down he chuckled lowly. "It be lookin' like ya not be t' only one who be needin' a bit o' a scrub down. Feel like joinin' mahself in t' near by river? Ah can be helpin' ya out if ya be thinkin' of doin' t' same. Wouldn't want that pretty coat o' your be keepin' that shade o' pink around ya muzzle."

Not even waiting for her reply, he sauntered over towards the direction of the river. His confidence was outmatched, his 'manlyness' was extruding from every pore... and his brains still gave a little to be desired. Still, he remembered enough to turn around with another wink. "Ya gonna follow, or are ya too shy t' show off that stunning physique of ya own?" Not the best of compliments but his heart was in the right place.

Suddenly he stopped and turned around, "Oh! Ah be so taken aback by ya beauty ah be forgettin' t' ask. Ya got a name as delightful as ya looks there or ya be keepin' it a secret for dalliance sake?"

LOLTERNATIVE
His accent was still heavy and Vanya was still having troubles with it, but she managed to decipher it faster this time than she had the last. Voodoo. An odd name, but he came from an odd place by the sounds of it. She'd never heard of Yojamba or the Zandalari.. It sounded pleasant enough and she smiled for a moment before his compliment came to her attention and she blushed profusely. "Ah, thank you. I'm sure it's lovely, but my place is here."

She took a careful step back as he emerged from the bushes and eyed him over. His coat was covered in dark markings and his physique screamed strength. She wondered if he was a warrior or something of the sorts. At least if he wasn't her enemy she'd be safe around him for the time being. Not that she worried about her safety in the territory of the Flock - it was just a nice comfort.

Vanya eyed the direction of the river and shrugged. She'd be going there anyway so she might as well go when she had company and help. She followed after him, steps graceful and small. "My name is Vanya." She pursed her lips and frowned lightly. Her introduction wasn't as interesting as his and that bothered her a little. "Dancer and crafter in the Flock," she added quickly, but proudly.

Amirynth
"Dancer an' crafter huh?" The large stallion was confused for a moment before twitching his ears. "Ah be knowin' whatcha be doin' as a dancer," he grinned toothily, eyebrows waggling up and down, "but ah not be knowin' much about t' crafter. What be thatcha doin' there?" Voodoo was curious about this delicious-smelling mare who was covered in feathers and shinies. Much like a magpie, he appreciated the shinies. The troll stallion made his way towards the river bank, his hooves leaving deep prints in the softening mug. Looking down he had a sudden though and trned to the right.

As if to explain he looked back, "Don't wanna be gettin' ya pretteh coat al muddeh so ah be thinkin' we be goin' over here where ah be rememberin' there be some stones on t' bank o'er here instead o' t' mud." With that he pushed against the leaning branches of a willowtree and held the away from the thin path to let Vanya go on ahead without the branches getting tangled in her mane.

LOLTERNATIVE
Vanya felt her cheeks flush as he commented on her being a dancer. Clearing her throat, she shook that away. "I make jewelry, mostly. For myself and my daughters, though sometimes I make items for my sisters." She nodded her head towards the bracelets that adorned her front legs. "I made these." She smiled, a large, proud grin. Her craft was something she was proud of - almost as much as she was her dancing - and it was nice to show it off every now and then.

Vanya watched him walk into the mud and almost cried out in horror. Mud? Really? She let out a loud, heavy sigh of relief as he changed his mind and she pushed past the trees, ducking her head to protect her mane and feathers further. Eyes glancing around, she noted that they were pushing upon the limits of the Flock's protection. She'd have to try and turn them around once she cleaned off. If he was going to put up a fight, she'd rather he do it closer to home.

"So what exactly brings you to these parts?" Vanya called back over her shoulder. She stopped walking and waited for Voodoo. It would probably be better for him to lead the way since she didn't know where they were going.

Amirynth
The dreamy look appeared upon his face as Voodoo thought about the troll who had captured his imagination. "Strength an' beauty, t' type o' beauty that be sharp an' dangerous an' yet full o' adventure!" He remembered following her around, the caustic tongue that invigorated him. Even in her grumpy moments she had a charm about her which was honest and true. One day ah be findin' her an' then ah be promisin' t' be takin' good care o' her an' protectin' her..." He looked back at the harpy as he lead her to the stony bank. "Have ya ever found somethin' so amazin' that ya wanna be keepin' it forevah?" With a toothy grin he splashed into the water, not minding how much he got wet. The cool river washed over his back and the large stallion moved aside enough for Vanya to join him.

LOLTERNATIVE
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vanya watched as the dreamy look crossed his features, a curious one appearing on her own. Was this stallion claimed? She chewed her bottom lip for a moment. Perhaps she should leave him be. If he was claimed, she had no rights to him.. But then where was this mare who claimed him? What kind of mare was she? This could indeed be dangerous.. but as much as Vanya wanted to leave, she wanted to be sure she wasn't passing up an opportunity. Were she to breed with this stallion, the mares would most likely be strong, something that would be appreciated and sought after in the Flock..

His question broke her out of her thoughts and she removed the bells from her hair, placing them on the ground. Taarab would chastise her - jokingly, of course - if she lost the bells only the day after he crafted them.

"I've found many things like that. Trinkets, pets, companions. But I suppose most of all would be my daughters." She moved slowly into the water, letting her body adjust to the cool temperature before she submerged herself for a moment.

"Your mate sounds lovely, though."

Amirynth
"Oh ah be wishin' but she ain't mah mate yet. Ah don't even know where she be right now." Voodoo confessed with an odd expression before ducking his head under the water, slightly embarrassed that he let loose that little tidbit of information. After snorting bubbles out of his nose and tossing his head back out of the water he grinned toothily, quickly changing the subject as he noticed her removing her accessories. "Need any help wit' that?" The large stallion waggled his eyebrows as she slipped into the water. After she re-emerged he eyed her curiously. "So ya got daughters? An' a mate ah be assumin'... They be as pretteh as yaself?"

Voodoo had not thought about having children but he figured that would be part of Malis' thinking when he finally charmed her hooves off. The idea of little ones who he could watch grow up was a very interesting thought and not necessarily a bad one. Voodoo was sure that any child of Malis would have to be gorgeous, much like how pretty Kiowa had grown up to be in the intervening years. he wasn't much into the actual raising of children, but having someone to follow in his hoof-steps might be interesting... "Ah be collectin' trinkets an' shinies too. If ya be interested ah can be showin' ya where ah be hidin' them though it may be a bit of a journey. Gotta be keepin' them safe an' all."

LOLTERNATIVE

Vanya snorted lightly and chuckled at the stallion's antics; he was certainly eager and straight forward. Her heart jumped a little. No mate? What luck! She kicked her legs under the water, looking at the distorted reflection for a momen before looking back at Voodoo.

"My daughters are indeed beautiful. All three of them. Vanmoriel, the youngest, is a painter. She's really wonderful. Vanmoriel, the midddle, is a musician. She plays drums and even makes her own. Vanwyn is a wonderful dancer and can actually sing; something she didn't get from me." Vanya laughed, eyes sparkling with a mother's pride as she spoke about her daughters.

"No mate, though. It's not something that's often done in my herd. Though my daughter Vanwyn has taken a mate. A preferred pet."

While some of the sisters had frowned upon such a thing, Vanya had welcomed her daughter's choice with an open mind and an open heart. After all, her own parents were mated and she had even considered it herself at one point.

"He's wonderful, though. Their father. He teaches them everything they ask him to." The smile and the pride returned to her features for a brief moment before his question threw her. "Perhaps some other time the day is moving on already," she replied with a flick of her mane.

Vanya ducked under water once more. When she emerged, she splashed water at Voodoo and let out a laugh.

Amirynth
Voodoo blinked a little surprised. "Ya not be matin'? Why evah not? Whatcha be doin' if ya be findin' t' one who be meanin' more to ya than anythin'? Wouldn'cha want t be matin' wit' them t' be showin' everyone around that ya be joined wit' thm forevah?" He was curious to know more. The troll stallion grew up in his little village and this was the first time he had ever ventured forth into the larger world. This new way of thinking intregued him though it sounded rather odd. Voodoo wrinkled his nose and shook his head as a dragonfly came up close and buzzed in his face. Momentarily distracted by the insect he lost his train of thought and latched onto something else.

"Three daughters? That be pretty special. Ah not be havin kids yet, at least ah not be thinkin' ah do." There was that pretty winged mare, Quauhxochotl, who had definitly been warm to the thought of them toether. They had split paths recently and for a moment Voodoo wondered what happend to her and if she was ok. He chuckled, "Dunno t' though of mahself havin' kids be a little odd though ah guess if mah mate be wantin' them when ah be findin' her ah be thinkin' about it." Now it wasn't just her unique look, or the claws that intregued him but how she lived. "Whatcha be thinkin' when ya bewantin' kids? How ya be doin' so if ya not be pickin' a strong, tough mate?" He laughed again, splashing her back merrily.

LOLTERNATIVE

Vanya gave a small smile. "Mating is something I've considered. But, at the same time, I have duties to the my herd that I must fulfill. Mating is one of them and it's not common for a sister to mate to a stallion. Some of the older sisters consider it the worst thing a member can do." She swirled the water with her legs, staring at her reflection. "However, I can claim as many stallions as I like. Should my sisters wish to lay with them, they must seek my permission first. That is how it happened with my first mate. He is claimed by the Oracle and I had to seek her permission. When he's not with her, he's with me and our daughters."

Vanya wondered if perhaps she was giving away too much information. Something about this stallion.. She wasn't sure what, but every time he asked a question she felt compelled to give him an honest answer.

"Most sisters look for strength. Genetics." She gave a cheeky grin. "But me? So long as the stallion is pretty, that's good enough for me." She gave a short laugh. "Really, though, I'm not as simple as that. There has to be a connection. I appreciate pretty things but I couldn't bring myself to lay with someone who bored the feathers off me."

Amirynth
Voodoo puffed out his chest as he heard her comments. "Well ya won't findin' any other stallion stronger than mahself here! An' ah be pretty damn good lookin' t' boot!" It did not even occur to him what he might be potentially volunteering for. "Ah be t' swiftest in' mah village an' ah always be winnin' t' contests!" Strutting in the water was hard but he managed not to fall over, the slippery rocks managing to find themselves under his hooves and yet he prevailed at keeping himself upright. "T' ladies be flockin' all around mahself back at home." Voodoo nodded again proudly, not caring in the least that he was exaggerating, caught up in the desire to make the pretty mare before him smile and laugh. "Ah even be takin' care o' t' Horde an' makin' sure they be safe! Ah be sure that ah be impressin' much upon t' troll mares an' ah be claimin' her as mah own." It was no longer apparent whether he was talking to Vanya now or an imaginary Malis as he toted his good deeds.

"Still..." He shook out his mane as he came back down to earth. "It not be much wit'out a loveleh mare t' be takin' care of." The troll stallion flicked his tail, splashing water around a little. "That be why ah be here. Lookin' fer t' most beautious mare in t' area an' hopefully impress her enough that she be wantin' mahself t' take care of her." Voodoo winked at Vanya with a cheeky grin in turn. "Dunno where ah might be findin' her though... she be pretty darn smart fer a ladeh!"

LOLTERNATIVE

Vanya watched the stallion and couldn't help but giggle. She was sure most of what he said was true; given his stature and muscular build, just not to such an extent as he was describing. "You must truly be a treasure of your village," she said between chuckles. "I'm surprised they let you leave!"

Coyly, she swam towards the stallion, bearing a cheeky grin of her own. "Oh? You don't know where to find her, do you?" She waded around him, legs kicking swiftly under the water. "And what makes you think she be needin' you t' take care of her?" She imitated his voice, terrible and burst into laughter.

It occurred to her then that Vanya was going to capture this stallion. She enjoyed his company and he would produce strong warrior foals. "I may not need you to always take care of me, Voodoo. But I am the most beautious mare in this area." She eyed him from under her lids, a soft blush creeping upon her cheeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:07 pm
A Traveler Approaches - Doctor Who and Margerie

Nisshou H
Margerie busied herself at the base of one of the giant trees that surrounded her home on the outskirts of the big oak grove. She moved several black, white and grey river stones, rounded from the water, into a complex design of hoops and spirals with her muzzle. The wisps at her ankles moved slowly only breaking off in small pieces. Overall the pale qui'lin was feeling at peace with the world. She settled a white stone at the tip of one spiral and straightened up letting out a long, contented sigh. It was nice to have a moment to herself for a change. Her usual stream of clients weren't tumbling in today to have her read the stones, stars or whatever else it was they thought she was capable. Margerie stretched and looked over her design with a critical eye for flaws. She nudged a grey stone over with a hoof before smiling.

"Now that that's done..." She said stepping away from it carefully pondering what else to do with her time. "I suppose I could try doing some etched designs instead." She looked down at her hooves, etching was harder and mistakes weren't easy to undo. "On second thought...I suppose I'll go find more stones." With a little nod she trotted out of her home and down towards the river that ran nearby.

Amirynth
The Doctor had traveled quite a distance since leaving Clockwork. He had seen many things, gained a daughter and made alliances with many different soquili including the Willowglen herd where he had found a home for a while. After feeling the urge of wanderlust he was off again to enjoy some more adventuring. His first stop was to explore the nearby fields on the way to where a human village was rumored to exist. It was getting close to the middle of the day when he decided to take a refreshing drink in the river nearby and take a break under the shadow of a large tree.

"Will we continue after the break Doctor?" The small blue ferret hopped off the Doctor's back and made it's way towards the rushing water.

"Yes I do believe we can make the village by nightfall if we keep at a decent pace." The stallion grabbed his scarf and slung the longest side back over his shoulder where it would be out of the way when he bend down to take a drink. "Unless we happen to meet up with some of the local folk. It does seem to be a little on the quiet side..."

"Affirmative Doctor." Tardis scampered out of sight to find something to nibble on.

After watching the ferret leave, the Doctor took his refreshing sip of water and then looked up intime to see a short pony head his way. "Well hello there!" He grinned, his visage welcoming and friendly. "I do hope you are having a wonderful day, mine has been rather fantastic for now and it looks like it is about to get better. I'm the Doctor! Who are you?"

Nisshou H
Margerie froze as a positively chipper voice called out to her and found herself staring at a stallion. She swallowed. She should have expected that someone would be around, it was a river after all. Taking in a deep breath she urged her legs to move again. Sure he was one of those giants but he seemed happy enough and not particularly dangerous.

"My day's been very soothing." She replied with a polite smile. "I am called Margerie. It is nice to meet you, The Doctor." He had a very unusual name if you asked her but she imagined it was no more unusual than names like Zamyr or Bao Li. Still, she did wish that she ran into more creatures with names like hers. It would be a nice touch of familiarity in such a strange place. "What brings you out this way today The Doctor?" He didn't look like her usual client mostly because he wasn't an adolescent female and Margerie didn't think she needed her mystic persona right now. Odds were he didn't know of her.

Amirynth
"Margerie, what a fan-TAS-tic name! Quite fitting, such an interesting name! Margerie... Margret... Maggie... Name means pearl right? Often used for royalty. Yes, quite a delightful name. It is a pleasure to meet you Margerie! Quite a pleasure. Now! What brings you out here Margerie? Such a bright sunny day, a wonderful time to be out, I presume you are enjoying the sunshine like myself." He eyes his scarf as the long end fell off his shoulder again and gripped it in his teeth, re-setting it with a practiced swing. "I, for one, stopped by the river to gain a little refreshment for the long trip to the nearest human domicile which has proclaimed itself to have quite a wonderful drum session as the sun goes down as they believe it will help the sun get back up in the monring. Two-leggers do seem to have some interesting traditions, I find it facinating. Though right now, I am enjoying the company of your presence. Ahh yes, but look at me prattling on and not letting you get a word in edgewise..."

Nisshou H
Margerie's head was spinning. This stallion spoke so quickly it was difficult to keep up with him. Perhaps he was no threat to her physically but she might have to evaluate her mental state after this meeting. She found herself opening an closing her mouth repeatedly to interject an answer with no luck. Eventually she settled to listen patiently until he took a break making note of everything he said until then. Thankfully he seemed to have noticed how much he was talking.

"I was actually out here to collect more river rocks." She said tentatively now expecting him to jump in at any second. "They make beautiful decorations. Especially the white and black ones. They have a nice contrast to one another." She eyed him carefully and then took a chance at extending her reply further. "You can hear their drums all the way out hear some nights, when it's...quiet..." She wondered if this stallion understood the meaning of the word as much as he spoke.

Amirynth
The stallion nodded as he listened, his ears twitching, the grin still on his face. "I would love to see your artwork. Is it done entirely by you? How do you get the rocks back and forth, I bet you would have to have a contraption or a devise for umm... carrying the stones and bringing them to your home. Is it very far, your home that is? I don't remember seeing any stone art on my way down here, must have been in a different direction." The Doctor glanced around for signs of Tardis but the ferret had made himself scarce for the moment. "Well, what about I follow you? Allons-y!"

He was always interesting to see the different cultures and traditions of the herds and so the promise of seeing something new tingled his senses and it showed. He delightedly took a few steps forwards craning his head towards where she had popped up from. "If you need any help carrying some stones, have you found any yet or am I keeping you from that? How about I help you bring any stones you find back to your home and then we'll take a look at your designs, or maybe you can show me how it is done!"

Nisshou H
The qui'lin just blinked in surprise. He wanted to see her designs? No one ever wanted to see her designs. They just wanted to hear all the good things the fates had in store for them. "I usually use a piece of cloth to drag them back..." She replied glancing at the water. Today she had thought it would be more relaxing to just bring them back individually. If he wanted to see them, however, moving back and forth and back and forth would take too long. If he insisted on a demonstration she could just break apart one of her older designs and make something new. The older ones were normally coming out of place anyway.

"Why don't you come pick a stone from the river, the smooth ones are the best, and I'll take one and then I can go show you what they look like. It's not far to my home, only a few minutes from here." She picked her way closer to the water and nudged at the stones along the edge looking for a good round stone to bring back. The next time she came stone hunting she would bring that cloth with her in case this ever happened again.

Amirynth
"Fantastic!" The stallion took a long moment to look into the river, peering at the stone through the rushing water. "Anything I should look for? A way the water flashes over the surface of the stones? The size of the crystalization? How about colour? Do you want pure white, greys, light or dark?" The Doctor spotted the perfect stone and ducked his head under the water to grab it with is teeth, snorting and shaking his head when he came back up. "That is a might chilly! How do you get the stones up?" As if to answer his own question he then rolled the stone out of the river with his hoof. "Hmmm, that works well! Fantastic! And here is another!" In a short while there was a small pile of round stones glinting in the sunlight, all different shades of greys, whites and browns. It wasn't until a few moments later he made an observation.

"I probably should have removed my scarf before this exploration of discovery..." The stallion looked at the now sodden scarf that dripped over his shoulders. Wrinkling his nose he regarded the small pile of stones and the ends of his scarf, his eyes flicking quickly between them. "Eurika! I believe I know how we can get enough stones back to your gardens!" The stallion then whipped his scarf from his neck and lay it out over the grass. "It can dry while you show me your masterpieces!"

Nisshou H
Once again he was off saying everything that came to his mind as it popped into his mind. She would have found it all terribly irritating if it seemed like he expected her to answer all of his questions. As it were he seemed to be answering each of them all by himself. She laughed softly as he plunged his head into the water, it was a rookie's mistake but he seemed to figure out the trick. "There, you've got it." She said encouragingly as he removed the first stone before going about to find her own. She spotted one close to the edge, a pale pink with white chips, and rolled it out. These weren't her usual variety but this wasn't shaping up to be one of her normal designs.

She rolled it over to the small collection of rocks The Doctor was gathering and wondered if she should mention the problem of carrying all of these stones back. As she was calculating the number of trips it would take he caught her attention once again by breaking the silence.

"Scarf?" She asked looking up at him only to find that this made her feel very small. She shifted uneasily but forced herself to keep from backing away. It helped if she focused on what he was talking about instead of his size. It seemed he was talking about the soggy length of cloth around his neck. She didn't get long to look it over before he shouted gleefully causing Margerie to jump out of her scales. As she settled herself Margerie watched as The Doctor lay the fabric down on the ground and finally saw what he was getting at.

"Are you're sure about this...?" She asked a little uncertain. He seemed all for his plan, it was, after all, his plan, but Margerie wasn't so sure. The cloth she used had grown stiff from carrying stones about and his scarf seemed like a very nice one. It was so many colors.

Amirynth
The brindle stallion looked down at the long scarf and chuckled. "Why ever not?! It is a splendid plan!" With a flash he folded the scarf in half to add some strength and carefully matched the fringed ends. The Doctor then placed the stones upon the center portion of the scarf letting the pile grow before re-arranging them a few times to get the balance right. His movements were quick and he seemed to enjoy the process of applying his solution. With a flourish he added the coral coloured stone that Margerie had picked out right on the top. "There! I do believe that will be just fine!" He picked up the two ends and tugged lightly, testing to see how it would move. The Doctor grinned as he found the pile of stones was quite light to his larger physique though it was obvious the little quilin would not be able to carry as much. "A brilliant plan! I am delighted to see what you do with these. Do you think we have enough? Well, I guess you can't really tell until you get back can you. Unless you have an inspiration already? What do you think, shall we get going? You can lead the way! Allons-y!"

Nisshou H
Well if he was certain that this was what he wanted to do then Margerie was not inclined to argue. Arguments could bring out sides of normally gentle and joyous creatures that she was not overly fond of seeing. Instead she settled for watching the stallion take on the task of piling up the stones. She might have suggested that he had a future in rock stacking if such a thing existed. It was interesting, the stallion seemed to stay his tongue when he had something to occupy himself with the second that task no longer existed he started speaking rapidly again. It was something she might want to keep in mind should she ever require silence around him.

"I'm sure I'll get an idea for them shortly after we get there." She said calmly before trotting off to the start of a small path. "It's down this way. It won't be a long trip." With a flick of her plumed tail she headed off down the trail making sure she remained well within sight. It wasn't difficult to find her home, the path never branched off, but it was polite for a guide to stay in view. It was no challenge to tell when they had arrived either. On either side of the path stood two white rocks nearly the size of Margerie's head each surrounded by a circle of shiny black pebbles. The area opened up beyond the end of the trail and at the foot of nearly every tree rested more stone designs of her work.

"This is my home." She said still feeling it could use some sort of introduction.

Amirynth
"My my my, this is just fantastic! How very quaint and picturesque! I just -love- what you have done with it!" The Doctor twisted his head this way and that as he craned to see all the designs around the trees at once. "This is by far one of the most magnificent decorations. You are brilliant! Just brilliant!" The stallion finished dragging the rock pile to an out of the way place and rolled them off his scarf one by one. "Do you happen to have some where I can dry this? It was made for me by Nostradamus' wife, nice lady, though a bit sharp tempered; she did not like hooves amongst her daffodils. Nice lady though, and quite handy with the knitting. I helped save the world, well they seemed to think so... something about the sky falling."

The Doctor paused in his musings and peered at a tree. "Ah, this should work!" He hooked one end of the scarf to a firm branch of the tree before trotting over and hooking the other end to a near by tree. "There! Now, how about you show me around your gorgeous place! I cannot wait to hear how you design some of these."

Nisshou H
Listening to the Doctor talk called to Margerie's mind images of someone punching a hole near the bottom of a clay jug. Things just kept spilling out and then when you thought it was finished there was still a little bit more to leak out. It was impossible for her to find fault in his ways this time though. After all, he was praising the things she had spent so long creating. Most who came her way didn't even seem to notice her work. The wisps around her ankles seemed to be moving a bit faster and flickering less, a sign of her pleased state.

She trotted over to stand by the pile of rocks wondering who Nostradamus was. Some human from some place with a wife that made scarves evidently. "Who would think the sky would fall?" She asked confused. The sky had always been up high for as long as she could remember. It seemed that only a silly thing would ever think it would come down. Clearly it liked being up high. She shook her head at the thought of such ridiculous people as the Doctor hung his scarf from the boughs of her trees.

"There isn't much to show." She said from her place by the rocks. "You can see everything from where you are standing. I don't take much room." She smiled a bit at her own joke before marching to a spot between two perfect spirals of white stones. "This is where I see my clients." She turned and nodded to a spot with a woven blanket laid down. "That is where I rest and everything else is just normal living and working space." With a flick of her plumed tail she crossed the way back to the fresh pile of river rock. "Now, north, south, east or west?" She asked allowing him to become part of her process.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:15 pm
The handling of a spear. - Emille and Zevron

User Image User Image

ATh e a r t
It was an odd sort of day. The sun was high in the sky and there was not a cloud in sight, but the breeze that blew could send a chill down someone's spine. There was a young mare standing in the sun near a tree, able to retreat to it's shade if needed.

Emille frowned as she looked at the stick on the ground. Of course, it wasn't any ordinary stick, but more so a spear. Her father had decided right after she got attacked by a skinwalker that she had to have one and had to learn to use one. Although Emille knew this, she didn't want to fight. Sure, she was afraid of being attacked again, but she had this notion that a 'prince charming' would be there to rescue her from now on.

She stared at the spearhead that gleamed under the sun. Emille knew her father had spent a lot of time finding the perfect rock and then crafting it by hitting it on a rock. Sure, there were the two-leggers that had them, but her father hadn't wanted them. Knowing that her father put a lot of love into making it, she knew she had to learn to use it, but that didn't mean she still didn't want to.

Picking up the spear with her mouth, she frowned. The spear was kind of heavy in her mouth and she didn't really like it. For the most part, she didn't even know what to do with it, really. After a few short minutes, Emille could feel that the spear was irritating her mouth already and dropped it.

Emille decided to flop down with the spear. She lied down and stared at the spear sitting in front of her, slightly frustrated as well as confused.

Amirynth
The zhevra sauntered on his way through the near by countryside. He had just come from a heavily forested reagion and was happy to finally see the sky for miles around. The area reminded him of his old home plains, not always the best of times, but he had a few good memories from there. With a snort he broke off into a canter, happy to note all the bruises and scars he had been healing from were finally non existent. What ever possessed him to take on a pair of skinwalker he'd never know but it had been the time of his life even if it might have been the end of his life also. Well, he knew exactly what possessed him though the little flutter had managed to escape and he didn't feel like angering the wrath of the skinwalker pair again just to find out if she had ended out ok.

Changing his direction suddenly, the stallion noticed someone in the distance holding a long stick like object in their mouth. Curiously he decided to investigate and cantered closer, keeping his footfalls soft as he approached so he could observe more. He almost laughed out loud as he saw what it was and then, after she dropped the spear he actually did! "Bwahahaha!! What is this? You trying to kill the tree with it's own stick?!" The zhevra snorted with glee. "For one thing you are not going to kill anything holding that stick like that. It's not balanced or anything!"

ATh e a r t
Emille was quite startled when she heard the voice, quickly standing up and holding her spear funny in her mouth. When she felt like he was no threat, she opened her mouth and dropped the spear out of her mouth. It landed with a thud in front of her, but she paid it no heed. Instead, she stuck her head in the air. "Y-yes, it's just a sti--"

She was surprised. Of course, she knew that her stick was actually a spear, but had chosen to call it a 'stick' for the longest time. Unsure as of why, Emille felt compelled to correct the stallion. Emille looked at him, half glaring. "It's n-not just a stick, it's a s-spear!" She bowed her head and picked it up again.

Talking through her teeth, she showed the stallion. "S-see! It's not just a s-stick! My d-daddy added a spear h-head to this!" Emille put the spear down again, this time gently. "He-he made it for me!" She didn't add, however, that she had no idea how to use it.

Amirynth
"Well your Daddy should have shown you how to hold it. Until you have it right it's just a stick. You are going to hurt yourself with that thing if you are not careful." With another snort he picked it up uninvited and sighted down the length before giving it a small toss and repositioning it in his mouth. "T'ere." He said between his teeth. "T'ats t'e point of b'lance." After leaning it next to the tree he glanced over, "Unless you hold it right in the center of balance you might as well just be grabbing a stick. What are you doing any way? Why would a pretty girl like you want to be hitting things with sticks?"

Zevron raised an eyebrow, if there was one thing that surprised him the most about the kawani lands, it was how aggressive the females were here. Where he came from everyone lived within the herd and traveled together. The males took care of protecting the females and the mares were the ones to raise the youngsters. This role reversal was odd to him but it also made things a little more interesting so he was must curious about why than changing it back to what he was used to.

ATh e a r t
The young mare pouted as she watched the stallion handle the spear. Of course, her father had given her some pointers, but at the time, Emille just didn't really want to pay attention. She loved the spear for the fact that her father made it just for her, no other reason. The fact that it was a weapon made her uneasy, but she took it anyways! Pouting, she wished she could handle the spear as well as the stallion. Emille admitted to herself that the stallion might have been able to handle one as well as her father could.

"M-my father made me that," Emille responded, kind of annoyed. "Why couldn't females handle something like that," she thought to herself. "My father w-wanted me to be able to p-protect myself... I just n-never really learned how to properly use it b-before leaving his midst."

It wasn't something that Emille wanted to admit, but she knew she had to. The stallion was obviously well trained in fighting, and she'd rather not irritate him. Emille half wanted to ask him to help her, but was unsure if he'd be willing to. Instead, she just made a strong mental note to where she should at least hold it.

Amirynth
Zevron snorted. "There are much better ways to protect yoursef from baddies. The best way of all is to always be one step ahead. For example, I once took down an angry kalona just by a well placed kick." To prove a point he suddenly swung his body around, kicking up his back legs and slamming them into the thick trunk of the tree. While the leaves fell down around them he grinned and shook out his lucious mane. "The blighter did not know what hit him until it was too late. The key to it all wasn't the kick though." he eyed the mare, "It was the cliff side the stallion didn't notice that did him in. Stupid beast did not even think to use his wings though that may have been because I made sure to injure one earlier on in the fight." Zev puffed out his chest a little as he spoke, confidence oozing out of every pore.

"And that's how you fight, not with some stick 'cause that is a sure fire way to get yourself hurt..." He thought for a second, "Unless you use it as a decoy, make it look like you are going to attack them with it and the go in for the kill." Zevron phantomimed dropping the spear before swinging his head, goreing an imaginary foe with his sharp horns.

ATh e a r t
Shock was on Emille's face as she watched the stallion. Sure, he looked like he was well trained, but she hadn't expected that. Emille wasn't completely sure she liked him, but he had more to brag about than she did. All she had... Was more than one attack by a skinwalker and of course, losing.

Emille knew that she could use her spear. Of course, she wasn't the best at it, but it was something that she was working on. "I will learn to use you... But maybe this stallion can teach me something else?"

She wanted to learn to respected him, so instead of fighting about her spear, she bowed her head. "Sir, if you don't think I should be handling my spear, would it be possible for you to teach me something else...?"

Amirynth
"Sir? Hah! Call me Zev, that'll work just fine." The stallion wrinkled his nose, 'sir' was for elders, not young spry adventurers like himself! Stil, the respect smoothed out his fur and the shaggy stallion grinned. "Fine, I'll teach you but you have to listen closely. The key is the three S's. Silence..." his hooves seemed to make no sound as he moved to the side, towards the tree. This explained how he was able to get in close before she realized he was there when they first met. "Sight," his voice was bearly a whisper and right before her eyes he seemed to vanish! Squinting slightly she could see Zev use the shadows of the tree leaves against his brown and black markings to hide his shape but with his slight movements it would be hard to notice the stallion until it was too late. "Subterfuge." Again the whisper came, this time seeming from just behind her followed by the sound of two hoof-falls. If Emile turned to look she would see nothing until she turned back, facing Zev's grinning visage. "And, that's lesson one. Now time for practice, let's see how you fare."

ATh e a r t
Emille made a mental note of just calling the stallion Zev. It was okay for her, but she was just used to calling those that seemed... Older than her 'sir'. It just seemed to be nicer, especially if she didn't know their names. "It's nice to meet you, Zev. My name is Emille."

She hushed as the stallion leaped into action. For his size, Emille was quite surprised what he was able to do. "Hm... silence, sight and subterfuge..." Emille had to make mental notes while the stallion moved around, not wanting to forget anything.

Looking around at the ground and her hooves, she felt like she could do the silent part, but the other two she was confused about. "Sorry, but... How did you disappear and what's... Subterfuge?" Emille was slightly ashamed for not knowing, but at least she was honest with herself.

Amirynth
"Well the hiding is easy. I just use the shadows to break up my form when they fall against my stripes. It's quite a nifty trick in a pinch." He tilted his head and observed for a long moment. "Probably substantialy harder for you unless we added a little mud to your coat." With a chuckle he moved from the sunlight back into the shadows of the tree. Instead of weaving slightly from side to side like last time, he stood still, letting the shadows move on his pelt. This way she could see how the moving patterns helped hide him with a little work. "See, it doesn't work on it's own but with a few other tricks you would be practically invisible! This is where subterfuge comes in." With a sly grin he kicked a rock and let it land to the side with a clink. "There are three ways to use subterfuge. One is easy; distraction. Just like the rock, I can use small items to make sound away from where I am so that who ever I am trying to hide from will look else where. Another is a little harder." All of a sudden his voice came from her other side, "You can learn to throw your voice, especially useful if you happen to be hiding and the person looking for you happens to be moving in close."

With a nod towards the spear he added, "A third way is to pretend to attack with your spear and then use your hooves or something else to attack instead. It's all in persuasion in getting the other to believe in what isn't actually there." The zhevra grinned again, his expression cocky as he retold his tricks, knowing he was one of the best at pulling them off. "Now, how about you giving something a go?"

ATh e a r t
Emille looked down at her coat. It wasn't dark at all, but it was brown. "What about blending into the trees? I'm all brown, but my cloak is a nice dark green. It wouldn't actually be shadows but... The actual surrounding?" It was an idea that Emille tossed up randomly from her mind, but it seemed to be reasonable, at least in theory.

It was amazing to watch everything in action, even step by step. Emille wanted to try it herself, but she wasn't sure if she was ready. Looking on the ground, she looked at where she would have to step and be quiet. It was something that she would remember clearly in her mind. The steps where easy, but the mare wasn't feeling very confident.

She wasn't sure why, but she asked Zev again. "Do... You really think I can do this? Everything seems simple enough, but sometimes it seems easy but harder than originally thought and vice versa..."

Amirynth
Zevron took a long look, even taking the time to circle around her, his tail flicking from side to side. "Hmmm... you might have an idea. Try in this spot instead." The stallion moved a little across the grasses to where another corpse of trees stood, slightly darker in tone and surrounded by longer brown grasses. "Take care to observe your surroundings and use them to your advantage. See how the shadows fall?" He gestured towards small spread of trees. "If you stand within the break it should work just as well as the scattered light for me."

The zhevra chuckled lightly, this was actually amusing in a way. It hadn't been long ago that he was beng trained the very same lessons. She seemed to be taking it in pretty fast also which was nice. Very much in need of practice, but the concept had been transferred over quite well. Zevron nodded towards the trees and then turned to his new pupil. "Well it's not likg you are going to become a master overnight. I think you are picking it up ok. Try it out, let's see if you can work this spot better, you might be surprised." As an afterthought he added, "And make sure you are quiet."

ATh e a r t
Emille said nothing, but nodded at Zev's instructions. She made sure to know where the roots of the trees were, or any other large piece of leaf that would cause her to be not so quiet. When she took the position Zev had told her, Emille took a deep breath before trying to replicate what Zev had done earlier.

"Silence... Sight... Subterfuge..." The silence part was easy enough; Emille had been light on her feet ever since she first started training with her spear. Silently, she pulled her cloak a little bit further over and tried to see if she'd disappear.

The three 'S's' repeated in her mind over and over again. Emille managed to stay silent, and it seemed like she disappeared a little bit, but while she watched Zev, it was clear that, although decent for her first time, he could still see her. Emille was a little disappointed she didn't do better, but understood that for a first time, that couldn't have been bad... Right?

The mare seemed to be finished and looked at Zev, a bit to the right from where she was, and a little bit behind the stallion. "How was that?"

Amirynth
Zev made a show of being startled before grinning and stepping to the side. "Very nicely done! With a bit of practce that trick will save your hide if something should go wrong." The striped stallion flicked his tail and then nodded towards the spear. "These tricks can also be used with the spear when you get more proficient. Being silent will keep your opponent guessing. Utilizing the shadows will protect you from getting hit and help you dodge out of the way. Lastly, if you make a feint and then plan your attack from the other direction you'll have a greater chance to land the hit."

Zevron took a few steps back to where the staff stood propped up against the tree and grabbed it between his teeth. He tossed it towards her with a swift motion with a grin. "See if you can hit me." He gave a wink and stood out into the open. "Don't worry about holding back. I doubt you have that much power yet."

ATh e a r t
With a sigh of relief, Emille was more than glad that she at least did it somewhat well. It had been a while since she last felt it, but the feeling of accomplishment made her feel really warm inside. Despite Zev being an almost complete stranger, Emille was grateful for his compliment. "Thank you for the encouraging words, it really means a lot to me!"

Emille was kind of startled when Zev mentioned attacking him with the spear. She knew that she was getting more and more proficient at using the spear, and Emille definitely didn't want to hurt the stallion. Emille did know, however, that the stallion was more likely than not more skilled than her.

Plus, it didn't seem like she could talk him out of it anyways.

She caught the spear in her mouth as Zev tossed it over to her. Emille made sure that she used the blunt end. No matter how good Zev was, losses and wins were never a guarantee she knew neither needed bloodshed. Emptying her mind once again, Emille repeated the words in her mind. "Silence... Sight... Subterfuge..."

Emille moved quickly and silently to the opposite side of where she was and used the blunt end of her spear to take a jab at Zev's underside. At this point, Emille wasn't sure if she would hit him, but there wasn't much harm in trying.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:04 pm
A Delightful Mashup! -Pip, Rainbow and Pamuya

Quote:
Pip and Rainbow have met and enjoyed each other's company. With the events going on in WillowGlen, Pip decided to venture forth and find allies to lend aid to the cause. However, he got distracted by meeting Rainbow and started to travel with him meeting more soquili. This is when they meet Pamuya and what follows after...

User ImageUser Image User Image

Amirynth
Pip had spent a long time traveling now. After staying for a spell within the ranks of another herd he had found many similarities to the herd of WillowGlen he had left behind in the spur of the moment. The leaders, Immi and Day were used to his wandering nature, much like other members of the herd who only spent a few months within the boundaries, preferring to explore the world. This trip, however, was to be a new adventure, not what he was expecting. While most consisted of meeting new faces and spreading good cheer and warm energies, for once he had found someone who shared in his sentiment and reflected them right back at him. The angeni of passions glanced back at his new traveling companion and grinned. A new adventure in deed! This was one of his favorite kinds of adventures!

Syaoran-Puu
Rainbow Cullen had travelled since he could remember, first with his twin Wish and their parents, then for a little while with his Daddy Crown's herd - Miakoda herd - that hadn't lasted too long, mostly because their had been slightly too many people for Rainbow, and he rather enjoyed the freedom that came with small groups. You could easily just get up and go without little preparation.

Noticing Pip looking at him he grinned wide, a dashing grin that a lot of creatures had swooned over in the past. "What's that grin for beautiful?" As if he didn't know, they were the same, he was more than aware of why his own grin was in place and knew it was likely the same for Pip. Still he enjoyed flirting, always had, and this was a good opportunity to do just that. He chuckled softly, picking up the pace in a graceful trot, his wings fluttering as he tucked them to his side. "Where are we headed anyway? Somewhere I can lavish you with attention I hope." He teased softly, Rainbow didn't care if anyone was around, he generally flirted with anyone and everything. Male or Female. It upset some, especially if you didn't know him, but he couldn't help it. His eyes saw beauty and elegance in everything and everyone, even if it wasn't in a conventional way. Beauty was still beauty. Pip, well, Rainbow rather liked the white around his eyes that then contrasted with the black that travelled down to his chest. An excellent place for watching the guys heart rate flutter. Rainbow accessories that compliments and stood out against the black and white pelt. It was odd, but in a way he felt drawn by them.... they matched his name, and looked similar to his scarf. It was almost.... fate?

Amirynth
"Just admiring the view!" Pip grinned again before winking. There wasn't a day gone by that he did not appreciate the other's company. It was one thing to travel from place to place, meeting new people and helping them realize their potential. It was quite another to have someone by the side who understood the intricacies of such activity and who mirrored it so well. The angeni had made it his mission to brighten the spirits of all around him and giving them a natural self-confidence boost. With a light chuckle he mulled over the last question posed to him by the fellow stallion. "There is this place, hopefully near by, which held a grand party that was known for it's tropical theme. Within some of the hollows and nooks, there are still flowers growing there which have picked up the bright nature of such festivities." He gave another wink, "I was hoping I would find some and present them to the most beautiful thing around here as a gift."

It was then he caught the sense of someone close, his ear flicking quickly. Pip gave no mention to the slight tingle to his hooves but he hoped the presence meant they might be close to his destination. The river had already widened into a delta and the air had become slight sharp from the salt spray. "As for attention, I do believe we shall have enough in spades, maybe even more, if I happen to be correct in my directions."

Rhyleigh
Pamuya had yet travel far from the place she grow up at and still dwelled at. The farthest she had been away from her home has been the place her parents met. He father spoke often about site which had held a great Tropical theme festival that had mysteriously appeared and then vanished with very few traces left.

She found herself yet again drawn to the site and was slowly wandered about the place. She brought her face down near to the ground and glanced around looking for any tropical flowers to put into her hair or on her tail. The mare hummed ever so softly a random tune while looking around. She always enjoyed looking for them, but often never found any. She also hoped to find a trinket left over from the festival as she had heard other say they had been found long after said festival had vanished.

The young brightly colored mare's ears twitched slightly and she raised her neck up swiftly . She glancing around as had heard someone nearby. This was both frighting and exiting as no one had ever come near when she had been at the site and she was unsure if this was a friend of foe Perhaps it was more then one of them. Pamuya looked around about to see if which was the best place to run if that was needed then turned back around and looked toward the place the sound had come from.

Syaoran-Puu
Such a flirt, Rainbow mused, not at all minding the attention or sweet phrases he received, it was, in many ways, nice to have them sent in his direction for a change. Still he listened and suddenly felt as if the guy was keeping something from him. He didn't voice his concern, though in truth he hated feeling 'out of the loop' in such matters.

Instead he simple smiled and replied cheekily, "Oh my, looking for something to give yourself?" He winked, clearly insinuating that Pip was the most beautiful thing around. Either way he was curious as to what these flowers were that could be found growing here, he had a fascination with anything unusual after all, and considering he and his twin sister were the most identical of any two creatures he had ever seen, he considered himself among the category of unusual. Not that he bragged about his sister, quite the opposite.

It took Rainbow a while longer to realise that they weren't completely alone, he tilted his head and looked ahead through the greenery.... for a moment he was sure he saw something that didn't belong, something that was not the natural colour of the forest. As they approached a grin spread over his face.... call it a weakness, but Rainbow was known to flatter anything.... even things of the dangerous variety.

"My my, it seems we stumbled across something as beautiful as the calming rainbow after the storm." he smiled brightly and inviting, his wings pressed against his back in an unthreatening manner. Rainbow winked at the mare, and it was obvious she was a mare despite the harsh contrast of her colourings, after all, her body was simply more female in build than his own.... more like Wish's. Not that there were many differences between him and his twin, it was hard to tell them apart unless you were directly upon them. Bow's shoulders had slightly more width, but they were the same height.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:16 pm
Look on the bright side. - Luna and Zevron

User Image User Image

SylverStar
Luna had spent the last week by the ocean. Lounging around and she even found herself at some sort of celebration where many Soquili had gathered. She even saw a Soquili twirling sticks of fire and had had a grand time. But the festivities had come to and end and the beach became deserted. With all the others gone she felt an emptiness inside of her. She was missing the company of others.

So she decided to head back to the nearby forest where she had met one Soquili that reminder her of home back before she came to the Kawani lands. She wondered if others had traveled from those distant lands. She wondered a lot more tonight then she usually did.

Having got up at the sunset and then starting off early in her day left her a lot of time to think. She even traveled a familiar path so her normal lackadaisical curiosity seemed to be missing.

She traveled most of the night before she came to what seemed a quiet part of the forest. She thought to herself that this was a good a place as any to stop and rest for the day. So she stopped there. Plus she had found some beautiful flowers to nibble. The flowers were bright but her thoughts were dark. They lingered back to all those she had left behind. She wondered if maybe there was something wrong with her. She tried to shake the thought.

Amirynth
The sun was just rising when Zev finally decided which direction he was going to take today. The Zhevra stallion had spent the last few days sparring with another uni, one who had actually taught him a few new tricks, not that he was going to admit that to anyone. As the first rays came through the thin thicket of trees, he stretched and shook out his awesome mane. It was early for him but he had been up earlier before, sometimes enjoying that dark moment just before the dawn. Zevron turned and faced the sun starting out the next leg of his journey.

It wasn't until a few moments later he realized someone had stopped near by during the night, a flutter with curiously large wings. She reminded him of something he had seen as a foal though at the time the herd had been traveling and so he had only caught a glimpse. Feeling an amiable mood he decided to postpone his next destination and trotted over, a grin upon his face. "Well hello there. How are you doing this fine morning?"

SylverStar
As Luna nibbled away on the flowers trying to not pay attention her thoughts she was suddenly surprised to hear another voice. She was more than happy to have a distraction from her thoughts do so she turned around with quick enthusiasm to greet the Soquili with a flower still dangling from her mouth. "Hewllo," She said trying to quickly finish the flower in her mouth. As she turned around she saw a handsome stallion standing looking at her. She blushed embarrassed by her state but she tried to push through it.

She approached the stallion "I'm uh great!" She said with more excitement than she meant. She usually didn't have to pretend to be happy and she felt odd doing so, but she didn't like hearing about people problems and she certainly was going to be one of those Soquili.

As she approached him she noticed more than his good looks, but a symbol on the cloth around his back. She walked right up to his side and put her head down to get a better look at the symbol. She was not one who was shy about getting in others personal space. "That symbol," She said a bit dreamily. She almost went to grab the cloth with her teeth but noticed the sword and got distracted. "Are you a warrior?" She said with wonder and waiting for an answer before asking more questions.

Amirynth
"Symbol? Oh you mean my tabard?" Zev stuck out his chest with pride. He had won that fair and square in a tournament back when he first was entering adulthood. It had been a three day festival where stallion and mares from all around came to test each other against feats of strength, speed and other skills. Only the best of all three rankings could earn the right to wear the tabard with the symbol of the horde blazoned upon it. It had been one of the best days of his life, and well deserved, when he had stood up and accepted the honor. "It's pretty awesome, isn't it." He grinned and shook out his styled mane. "Not everyone can wear it you know." The striped stallion glanced towards his dagger and shook his head, "Naw, not a warrior. They are way too bulky and headstrong. I'm a rogue!" Zevron nodded as his spoke, eying the mare closely.

He took a nibble of breakfast before mumbling. "So what are you doing here?" The stallion felt rather amiable after a good nights sleep and having company was always a good thing. "The name is Zev, do you have a name befitting your own beauty?" He grinned again and bent down to snag another mouthful of the delicious flowers. Today was going to be a good day, he just knew it!

SylverStar
Luna finished investigating the stallion admiring all of his adornments. She than backed up to take in all of the stallion. He seemed rather talented and she felt better about herself being in the company of one so confident. "It is awesome, you must be very good at being a rogue," She said enthralled with him. She knew of warriors but she wasn't sure what a rogue was. The word seemed familiar but strange at the same time. She got distracted from that thought by him asking about her.

Luna blushed at the mention of her beauty but it was hidden by her purple color. "Oh Hello Zev, I'm Actias Luna, but you can just call me Luna," she awkwardly introduced herself like they hadn't been talking before. "Oh, I um came up her from the beach. I got lonely and so decided to head back here cause I had met another friendly soquili out her before and was hoping to find more, which I did!" She said realizing at the moment she had met her goal of finding someone to talk with. This thought made her relax more and let go of her earlier worries.

With that she was able to focus less on herself and more on the stallion. She asked him the same question, "What are you doing here?" She wondered if his answer would be different. Maybe it was they were here for the same reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:19 pm
Bro Hoof! - Zevron and Nithralith

User Image User Image

Amirynth
Ahh the great out doors! Zev, cantered along a dirt path, surrounded by tall grasses on both sides. He was happy to be free for the moment, his last adventure had been a bit of a... well it had a little something he wasn't sure he wanted to keep. The stallion had aided a young mare in a bit of a pickle and then found out she decided she wanted to stick around a little longer than he was willing to stand. She was pretty enough but kept trying to integrate herself to him in such ways that she was thinking children and that so did not fit his style. It had taken a dangerous route between two aggressive kalona to shake her off. He was sure that the pair were too busy fighting between each other to notice the presence of a delectable mare and if she pushed her way between them it was her own fault. The striped stallion continued his journey unhindered and looked towards his next adventure.

Nyhility
Along that same route strolled another stallion, although this male was not trying to outrun any past mares. His step was casual, and the grass helped to hush the sounds of his presence. Although he was too easy to spot, a mass of deep browns and black almost gliding above the thin fingers of the lush grass. Glowing eyes peered out from beneath his mane as he searched the terrain. He hadn't eaten since midday yesterday, and now he was more guided by his hunger than any actual path. Ahead of him, he could just make out the shape of lush trees in the distance. From here, they did not look to be the types with pines and cones, so he marched on with hopes that they beared fruit under their green leaves.

Amirynth
Zev had just reached a corpse of trees and was considering a late breakfast, or maybe an early lunch, when he noticed another stallion heading his way. At first he thought to slink back a little to observe before actually introducing himself but shaking out his main, Zev chose to introduce his presence. The stallion did not look aggressive from this distance and also kinda familiar to the herds who used to travel on occasion with his own herd being wanderers much like himself. Grabbing a branch of the tree, the leaves looking especially luscious, he tore it off and tossed it down as a peace offering. "Come here often?" Waggling his eyebrows he turned and snagged a branch for himself and started munching.

Nyhility
Nith perked an ear as he noticed a shape moving around among the grass and leaves. It was the familiar motions of another Soquili, and there wasn't a scent of wolf or bear in the air. Feeling confident in his instinct, Nith continues on his path undeterred as the other stallion shuffled about. His body language seemed social enough, and there was no tension as the space between them grew smaller. At last, Nith was within earshot of the other fellow, and he quirked a brow as he noticed it was also meal time for this striped stranger. That is, until the male tossed it in his direction, and Nith relished in the smell of its fresh leaves as it fell near his hooves.

"Not at all, these lands are completely new to me. Is it the same story for you?"

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:31 pm
Debts Owed. - Amirynth, Warlock, Irlina, Santiel, Disnia.

Sabin Duvert
A Debt Owed

In which Warlock tracks down Amirynth to confront her about the debt she owes him...

User Image User Image
Sabin's Teepee

Amirynth's Teepee Junglerunner's Teepee

Sabin Duvert
The dark kalona strode purposefully towards his quarry, smoldering with ire and a sense of entitlement. After all, had he not invested time, spent valuable, rare resources, not to mention divulged secrets all in the 'education' of the mare? She had a gift, the angeni blood in her veins saw to her affinity to learn magic. And she had taken to his dark arts quite well - almost surprisingly well. But Warlock did not run a charity.

And when she had taken what she needed and stopped coming to seek his aide before he could extract a payment form her... well, that would not stand. He had kept a close eye on her through the watchful eyes of his and his pet's familiars. He had seen her grow heavy with foal, he had seen the conflict stirring between her herd and another over petty squabbles that Warlock neither knew or cared to know. But what he did know was an opportunity. So armed with strong arguments, good timing, and a plan, Warlock strode to the edge of their herd's territory, and sent Belphog - his bear familiar- out to fetch his 'pupil'.

"Master..." Disnia crooned, brushing up against his side and running her barbed tail gently along his back legs seductively, "Why bother with such an insignificant little mare? She did not have the spirit to harness your power to begin with."

"Because, Disnia," Warlock rumbled, his eyes glowing brightly, "She now owes us. Owes us knowledge, owes us time. I have helped her, and she has a debt she now owes me. And now... she has something that I want."

Disnia pouted, disliking the attention that Warlock had spent on the mare - giving her something before getting something from her. But in the years she had spent in his service, she had grown to trust the dark stallion - she had seen his lust for power and it set her hairs on edge. So if Warlock saw an opportunity here, especially if it meant he would stop spending so much time with that silly little mare - then all the better. She kept by his side, waiting along with him to see if the mare would show her face, or if they would need to resort to more drastic means. She licked her lips. She hoped that they'd need more drastic means. She would love to make the little mare squirm...

junglerunner
The sun was lowering itself in the afternoon sky and the heat was rising more from the earthen ground that had baked in the sun, rather than beaming down from the sun itself. There was a dusty smell which accompanied such heat, of earth baked dry and the husks of grass seeds mingling in the breeze. She had a free period from her studies, as did Irlina and she found herself bonding with her small family unit, as she hunted for small wild strawberries which where a favourite of her mothers. She held her head low scouring the ground for the red seeded fruits when she smelt the sweet scent before her eyes saw them, however over that scent she smelt something unfamiliar, something strong and musky. She looked up and spotted a large blue creature briskly making his way towards her.

Panic, the creature was larger than her, and she'd never seen a bear before, so to her the creature seemed all the more scary. She turned, her little legs wobbling slightly and her ethereal wings fluttering on her back; she'd not long mastered running, flight was out of the question at her young age. Her eyes were wide as she cantered back to her mother, she cried before she reached her, slightly breathless, 'There's a massive blue thing coming this way!' She skittered and ran underneath her mother, peering out from the side of one of her legs.

Amirynth
Irlina had been gathering tiny strawberries with her sister, a small present for their mother. Half of the strawberries however ended up in her mouth and tasted with a delightful exhuberance than in the small basket they had snagged on their way back to the glade after classes. Irlina wasn't too interested in the spirits, she did not understand it that much but her sister did and she enjoyed watching Santiel practice. Irlina hadn't shown proficency in much yet but she was sure she would fnd something to impress Malis with at some point. She was about to take another strawberry for herself when a large blue shape came upon them. As her sister bolted to warn the family she stood her ground and yelled in her loudest voice, "Go 'way! You c-c-can't c-c-come in here!" Irlina planted her hooves into the soft dirt and stood her ground, trying to appear bigger than she actually was.

It had been a quiet morning without the little ones and yet Rynn felt like something had been missing the whole time. While she apprecated Malis stepping in and taking care of her daughters she had started feeling the unmistakeable feeling of loss every time they left. Maybe I'll go out there with them... She considered the thought for a moment, feeling the familiar panic that followed such thoughts. No, not today... but someday... Amirynth stood up and started to gather small things around the glade making sure the place looked tidy for when her daughters returned. As she was placing some fresh herbs down for a new bed, Santiel barreled in with a shocked look on her face. At her exclamation Rynn gasped. "What!? Where is your s-s-sister?!"

junglerunner
Santiel peered around her mothers leg down the path she'd just run noting her sister had not followed her, her eyes widened further and her bottom lip trembled. She swung out to the side of her mother and then twisted to look up at her, her voice was shivering, half in fear and half in worry, 'A massive blue thing!!! I don't know what it was, I've never seen anything like it before. It's big and hairy!' She looked away from her mother and back down in the direction she'd run, Irlina must still be out where they were picking strawberries together. 'Irlina and I were picking strawberries for you, they were meant to be a surprise present... why didn't she run too?' Irlina was not as fearful as herself, Santiel was scarred of anything new and it often took a little encouragement from someone she trusted to face it. She looked back up at her mother, worried if Irlina had not spotted the creature, not that, that was possible, it was massive! Or simply that she was facing it, an idea which petrified her further. 'Mother! You've got to go find Irlina!'

Sabin Duvert
User Image
((*though imagine a grown bear >> * ))

The large bear paused only briefly in his shuffling gait deeper into the thicket, snorting with disdain at the slender little filly that barred his path. Belphog didn't like this place, this glade. It wasn't his territory, but he had a job to do. "Move aside, foal." His voice was husky and deep. "My master's business is with the mare, Amirynth." He growled, white eyes leveling intimidatingly on the small foal.

Amirynth
Irlina eyed the bear and felt her knees tremble slightly. Why was he looking for her mother? he didn't look the friendly sort and the small filly wasn't quite sure her mother would like the idea of the large bear plowing into the small glade they called home. She tried a different tactic. "That's the wrong way! M-m-mother isn't that way!!" She stomped her hoof, trying to prove her point and hoping the bear would not advance further.

"A m-m-massive b-b-blue thing?!" Santiel's shock scared Rynn more than the news of an intruder who had escaped the watchful eye of the Vitterfolk. For a moment she feared that the walkers were back, they had been large and blue. That they were back and coming after her once again. She froze on the spot for a long moment before her daughters worried voice broke through. "Irlina?!" Her thoughts cleared and she took a few steps forward. "Santiel, s-s-stay there and d-d-don't move! I will g-g-go and find Irlina." She bolted the way her daughter had come from, finding the path they usually traveled down to get to the small glade. She hoped Irlina was close to the path as the thicket grew thick in many places, one of the reasons why she picked it. Eyes darting left and right as she moved, she felt her heart beating swiftly within her chest, even if she had no idea what she was planning on doing when she did find this blue monster and her daughter.

It wasn't working! The bear kept plodding forward as if she wasn't there. Irlina stomped her hoof again, mostly to stop her knees from quaking than standing her ground but still the large blue creature advanced. "Stop! D-d-don't come any c-c-closer! Stay away from Mamma!" Her eyes widened in terror as the bear still came. "Mamma! M-m-mam-m-ma!! MAMMA! MAA-MAAA!!" She finally turned tail and bolted, calling out for her mother, or anyone to come save her.

Sabin Duvert

The bear ignored the foal's quavering warnings and attempts to redirect him. His master's orders had been explicit - both on location and what needed to be done. "If the mare Amirynth is your dam, then either fetch her for me, or stand aside." He snarled as he continued to walk. He didn't bother to explain to the filly. He didn't need to nor care to prolong the already irritating conversation with the shrill little creature.

Amirynth
Rynn heard her daughter's cry and bolted towards her voice. I'm coming Irlina! she wanted to call out but focused on her steps so she didn't stumble. Breath catching in her throat she burst into the small glade, landing in front of Irlina and shielding her from the bear. It was then she realized who it was. "B-b-bephog...!" She gasped out in shock. Her heart jumped into her throat as the strength seemed to slip away from her. No! Not here, not now... Rynn knew what it meant, she knew he was coming for her. With the recent events she had realized it was not what she wanted, what Warlock had to offer had tainted her, had... She glanced back towards Irlina. Malis was right, she would not have her daughters if it was not for her training but what would be the price? Rynn shuddered at the thought of facing Warlock; she knew he would not look favorably upon her leaving his tutilage. The flutter had no other choice; she had to protect her daughters. Amirynth took a deep breath and tried to stop herself from shaking. "Irlina, g-g-go back to the g-g-glade and stay with your s-s-sister." Turning to the large bear she uttered, "Take me to him."

The small foal halted for a moment before dashing off to find her sister. Something was wrong but she wasn't ready to face it alone. Irlina planned to find Santiel and convince her to help save their mother where ever she was headed!

Sabin Duvert

Amirynth knew that Belphog was a bear of little words, and today was no exception. He snorted as he looked over the dainty mare, an ear flicking back in a sign of belabored approval. "Master does not like to be kept waiting. We go now." He said simply with a growl and turned about, leaving the small foal untouched.

He only glanced back behind him occasionally, to ensure that Amirynth didn't falter in her steps as he led her away from her herdgrounds and towards a nearby forest where the ground was moist beneath their feet.

Amirynth knew he was close - she could smell him, feel his presence, and she could almost feel his ire as a tangible thing before the dark kalona stallion stepped into view.

"As you commanded, Master, the mare Amirynth." The bear said lowly towards a darker patch of woods and a bow of his head.

"Very good, Belphog." Came the familiar, velvety voice as Warlock stepped from the shadows, his luminous eyes casting a judgmental look over Amirynth. He clucked his tongue in his mouth and shook his head with a frown. "Amirynth..." He crooned with mock fondness that instead dripped with venom. "Did you really think that you could just... leave?"

And then, by his side was her - Disnia - the nearly insufferably confident and sultry mare. She wasn't much larger than Amirynth, but she brimmed with ego and devilish malign mischief. She giggled, pressing herself against Warlock's side as she eyed Amirynth with the same look that a coyote might eye an abandoned fawn.

junglerunner
Santiel watched her mother canter back down the main pathway leading out of the security of the glade they called home, and a sense of unease settled over her, and she couldn't do anything to shift it. She stood shock still even after her mother had vanished from her sight, and then she began fretting over what had possibly happened to Irlina, her beloved sister. Shifting her weight from one side of her body to the other, she could now longer stand still as worry took over her whole body, though her eyes were constantly fixed on the horizon. Time wore on and she became more and more distressed at the absence of her mother and sister, she'd have to do something to help, she'd have to do something...Malis! Malis would know what to do. She turned off and began to go in search of Malis when something caught her ear. She turned and looked back at the path she'd just been staring at for what had seemed like weeks, and galloping down the path she spotted her sister.

Her heart leapt in her chest, she turned and cantered up to meet her sister, skidding to a halt a breath away. She stared straight into her sisters amethyst coloured eyes and then looked over her siblings shoulder; where was mother? Looking back at her sister she quizzed her, 'Where's mother, why isn't she with you?'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:35 pm
Debts Owed. - Amirynth, Warlock, Irlina, Santiel, Disnia.

Sabin Duvert
In which Warlock tracks down Amirynth to confront her about the debt she owes him...

User Image User Image
Sabin's Teepee

Amirynth's Teepee Junglerunner's Teepee

Amirynth
Amirynth felt her knees shake as she drew near to the large stallion. She suddenly had doubts upon leaving but tried to remember what she had promised Malis and what she had realized in the forefront of her mind. She had to stand up to Warlock, somehow... The flutter's resolve weakened as she tried to speak, Disnia's stare unnerved her and she was sure the succubus was the one responsible for the predicament she was in. The predicament... Trying to keep her children in mind the flutter attempted to take a deep breath and collect her thoughts. This was the moment, she had to try...

"I c-c-can't d-d-do this any more. I w-w-wont subject my children..." She faltered and tried again, using the things he had taught her to try and strengthen her resolve. "I will n-n-not let my children k-k-know about you, or w-w-what I have d-d-done!" Rynn braced herself for the inevitable impact that was sure to come. She had learned a little about what happens to those who dare cross Warlock and yet she hoped that she had not gone down the path far enough to encourage such a debt. At least there was the hope...

"Santiel! We g-gotta go back!! M-momma is in d-danger! The bear t-took her an' is gonna d-do something!" She cantered forward and nudged her sister pleadingly. She knew there was something wrong but didn't know what. Why would their mother follow the bear? Why would their mother tell her to go back and stay hidden? Irlina had to help, this was her mother! But the little flutter was not stupid, she knew she couldn't do this by herself, she needed her sister's help. Nudging Santiel once more she started to take off back towards the way she came. "C-come on! We g-gotta help Momma! C-come on Santiel, p-please!" Irlina hoped her sister would follow her, she hoped she could think of something, a trap, or a way to make the bear go away, anything to help save their mother. She knew Amirynth was scared which scared her even more, but Irlina wanted to protect her mother just like she knew Rynn would do for her.

Sabin Duvert
"SILENCE!" Warlock roared as he silenced the stuttering mare like a thunderclap. Quickly, and without warning, he sprung forward, closing the distances between himself and Amirynth until his broad face was nearly pressed against hers. She could feel his hot breath on her face as he spoke, his violet eyes boring unwaveringly into hers. "You cannot steal my secrets and then just return home. I invested MONTHS of my time into you, little mare. Shared secrets of blackest arcane and twisted magic with a shaking leaf like you because I saw POTENTIAL. But if you think for a moment that you can just traipse back home to your little family when you had enough, then you are quite mistaken." He snarled, revealing his curved fangs. "You OWE me, Amirynth. You owe me dearly."

Disnia sidled up behind Amirynth, deliberately making her feel clausterphobic as her tail flicked very lightly against her back legs. She leaned in, her voice a husky whisper, "I do not like you, little mare. But as my master commanded... I gathered those herbs for you. I brewed the philter, and as promised, it yielded results. Were it not for my assistance... you would not even HAVE those children. You cannot abandon US to turn to the family that we GAVE you."

Belphog seemed to drift backwards, nosing his way back into the treeline, but continued to walk, keeping an eye out for unwanted intruders who might try to come to Amirynth's aid, or interrupt their conversation.

Amirynth
Amiynth crept backwards under the force of Warlock's pressing. Her eyes frantically glanced from side to side in hopes there was some way to escape his wrath. She fervently wished Malis was not away on a trip, sure that Warlock planned it that way. Rynn felt Disnia slink up behind her and stopped in her tracks, trapped between the two larger soquili. She hadn't asked for the philter, she had not know what it was for at the time and would have refused if she had known. Javan was just a friend, she was so embarrased when she remembered that night. She had wanted to help them but not in that way. Her thoughts swayed back and forth, remembering what Malis had said. It had not been what she had wanted but maybe it was what she needed.

Or what he needed... a thought dawned on her. "D-d-did you p-p-plan this?" The fear she had growing within tore at her insides, the implications chilled her to the bone. He had used her. Even through his lessons, he had been scheming. The encouraging words and helpful pointers suddenly seemed hollow, especially when she remembered that one moment when she had overheard his reaction to another's failings. As the memory came to her, the last of her colour drained from her face. She had thought the skinwalker attack had been bad... but this? Rynn had trusted him and followed his dark path, but it had only dawned on her that the price was too much. Before, when it was just her, the flutter thought she was worthless. Now, however, she had to keep her daughters' safety in mind as well.

Sabin Duvert
"I did not plan for you to turn your back on me and my teachings. I have invested a great deal into you, little mare, and I will not see those efforts squandered. Perhaps I overestimated you. But no one turns their back on a debt with ME." He snorted in her face.

"I could make you life even more hellish should I desire. I hear that your little herd here is having a skinwalker problem. Perhaps I could grant them some of my assistance. But... you don't want that, do you?" He rumbled threateningly. "Or perhaps I could take that angeni heart of yours and offer it to Kalona directly... here and now. I am certain that for such a prize, he would grant me a great boon."

Disnia tittered maliciously at the suggestion. She would have liked nothing more than seeing the skinny, shaking mare a sacrifice. Out of her way, and dead at her feet. She was jealous of the attention Warlock had given her, and made no secret of finding her wanting.

"I think that that is a splended idea, master," She purred in Amirynth's ear, her barbed tail wrapping loosely around Ryn's hind leg.

Warlock looked to Disnia, his expressoin unreadable. He paused for an uncomfortably long time before speaking once more. "OR you could repay you debt to me. Offering up a replacement." He smiled wickedly. "Perhaps one of your daughters has the mettle that you lack. Bolstered, perhaps, by Disnia's philter that created them."

Amirynth
"No!" The thought of her daughters being mixed up in this make her knees turn to jelly. There was no way around it, she would have to leave. Malis would take care of Irlina and Santiel. There were the other foals that had been rescued they could grow up with though Rynn did not know the whole story. She wish she had time to send a message to the troll matriarch. One that explained that she needed the foals taken care of and also that Malis was not to send someone to find her. The less that followed her the better. Her mind suddenly landed on Tuuli. It was the young mare who had came up with the idea that Rynn seek out Warlock to aid her in getting stronger. She wondered for a moment if Tuuli had also struck a bargain, if she was in trouble too. The fluttergeni did not realize that Tuuli had gotten what she wanted by forcing Rynn to leave the Glades.

She hoped that Irlina and Santiel had done as they were told and stayed withing their home clearing. It would not do for them to show up at this point, especially as Warlock expressed interest in taking them away. Rynn took a deep breath and spoke up. "I will leave. On the c-c-condition that you d-d-do not return to WillowGlen and you leave m-m-my b-b-babies alone!" She tried to seem brave but inside she was more terrified than ever. She had no choice, however, already deeper down the path than expected. "I w-w-will follow you and I w-w-will not run away."

junglerunner
Santiel stared blankly for a moment at her sister, who then nudged her and brought Santiel out of her shock, though she began to flutter her wings nervously. The bear, that great blue thing was huge, how was Irlina and herself going to be any help to her mother, they should go and find Malis, get someone bigger to help with all this. All the while whilst trying to think what would be the best idea Irlina nudged her again, this time more forcefully, driven by her urgency, Santiel took a step back wards and began to splutter out something about finding Malis and how they were to small, to young to help, but Irlina just overrode her, proclaiming they had to help their mother. Irlina was always hot headed, she didn't stop to think sometimes, she teased Santiel for being scared and how she'd end up like their mother, scared of her own shadow. She wasn't scared, no, just sensible. Santiel stared banefully at her sister for a moment, about to began an old argument when her sister just turned and began to canter back down the path she had just come moments before.

Santiel was at a loss for what to do, she stared at her sisters back, then span around in a small circle, hoping with some slim possibility another member of the herd would walk into the glade, but she didn't spot any movement. Turning back, her sister was just disappearing from sight, Santiel wanted to cry out in frustration, but the she felt there was nothing to do but to follow and hope, some small hope, there was something they could do to aid their mothers plight.

She dug her front hooves into the ground, shifting all her height backwards, she then flung it all forwards in one smooth confident motion and charged off down the path after her sister. It was some time before she saw the shadow of her mother outlined in front of her. She'd not caught up with Irlina totally, whilst Santiel was strong in mind, proving more adept in their learning than Irlina, Irlina was far stronger than her physically, her sister was close to coming up to her mother. Santiel pushed ahead, but before fully reaching her mother and sister, Santiel stopped dead in her tracks, there were two others standing just off to the side of her mother, neither of which looked friendly. Santiel's eyes widened with fear, what was she to do, she cursed Irlina for her hot headness, they should of gone to find Malis or one of the others, what were they to do now?! Santiel crept forwards, her wings fluttering nervously, she edged towards Irlina and their mother.

Sabin Duvert
"And what good are you to me - OR your promises?" Warlock seethed back at Amirynth. "I have heard those whispers before when you cower before me. Your allegiances as are capricious as a leaf in the wind. You cant your ear towards one of your herdmates with more courage than you have and you will be flitting off again." He reared and brought his hooves down hard onto the ground before Amirynth.

Warlock was about to continue to rail, the idea of offering up the quivering mare's heart to his dark god was sounding more appealing - surely, that offering would be worth more than more time and effort that had already borne little fruit could.... when there was a rustling in the brush behind them.

The massive bear plodded methodically in a circle around the clearing that his master was holding discourse. It was his duty to keep a watchful eye out for unwanted attention. And it was just such attention that he found himself upon - two small fillies - the same fillies that he had encountertered trying to find their mother.

He snorted down at them, luminous eyes above a face that crinkled with disdain. Large, expressive bear-jowels shaking as he spat, "Master, you have company." He rumbled a growl as he herded the two fillies towards the pair of kalona and Amirynth.

"The two fillies, master. I do not know what they have overhead. What would you like me to do with them?"

"Oh splendid!" Disnia crooned as she turned her head away from Amirynth's ear and looked over the little morsels of horseflesh. "Are these the skinny little things that you made with my potion?" She clucked her tongue in a note of disappointment. "They do seem to resemble you." She sighed. "Maybe we could take all three of you as an offering. It would be of more use than all of their nerveless twittering." Disnia persuaded, leering at the foals with needle-fangs.

"Just a moment, Disnia." Warlock hesitated, looking towards the foals with an eye of consideration. Amirynth had been found wanting. She had not taken as well to his instruction as he had hoped, and she had little to offer in return. But maybe what potential he had hoped had been in her had instead skipped to her foals. "Maybe your potion has brought out the strength in her progeny that the mother lacked."

Amirynth
Irlina gasped as she heard what was said. She wasn't quite sure what to do but the large, dark stallion seemed to want to do something with them. She shuddered when she heard the other mare talk and looked towards her mother, trying to work out what was happening. She couldn't understand why Rynn was talking to them, what they were doing or why they wanted herself and her sister. The small flutter wanted to march out there and help her sister but the large stallion made her wary and for the first time in her life she didn't know what to do for fear of hurting the ones she loved. She glanced over to her sister with an apologetic look, worried she had made things worse.

Rynn shook her head and stepped forward. "You c-c-cannot take my d-d-daughters! I'll... I'll not let you!" She wasn't sure how she could prevent them, not having much power behind her. Rynn moved protectively to stand between her daughters and Warlock, hoping to figure out something, anything she could do to get word out to the Trolls. She was surprised that no one had noticed the entry of the demonic pair but knew Sen'jin had just made his round of the area that morning and probably wouldn't be back until later.

junglerunner
Before she set another hoof closer to Irlina and her mother, the massive blue bear came bumbling out of the undergrowth and snorted at her, his hot breath caused her mane to ruffle across her neck and she shied away, taking a step towards her mother. The bear came forwards at her herding her towards the clearing, even though she wanted to be closer to her mother, she feared as to why the bear was pushing her forwards. A breaths length away from her mother she stepped to lose the distance. She meet Irlina's eyes who seemed to be pleading an apology with her, Santiel simply stared flatly at her, Irlina never thought things through! But before she could say anything to Irlina she heard the rumbling voice of the bear and turned to stare at him. The bear however was looking at another Soquili she'd not yet taken in...

There was a large dark shadowy figure, his face and neck swamped in inky hair, but below that shone the most eerily purple eyes Santiel had ever seen. There was something about him which commanded her respect and fear. Whilst next to him stood a more petite mare, larger than her mother of course but still far smaller than the shadow creature; her eyes glowed with cruelty, scales, spikes, fangs... all her features gave her an appearance of an animal Santiel had no desire to be in the company of. The bears voice stopped, the last words he spoke brought her attention back on the bear, what was he going to do to them? She stared at the bears 'master' then, but it was not him who spoke. The mare's voice was like an icy cold vice gripping hold of her chest, fear caused her breath to choke and die, and for a moment Santiel simply couldn't breath. The mare leered at her and Irlina, and she simply couldn't do a thing.

Then came that darkly seductive voice of the stallion and her fear ease ever so slightly, she could breath, and move... without thinking, or conscious thought her wings began to twitch nervously once again. He wanted Santiel and Irlina it seemed, Santiel puzzled the words together to find the meaning that their mother owed this Stallion something. She heard her mothers voice and the shifting of hooves to push Irlina and Santiel behind her, their mothers body acting as a barrier, but Santiel's thoughts had moved on. She side stepped out from behind her mother, bravery was not a trait she usually portrayed however inquisitiveness was. Her voice shock a little, she didn't have her mothers shutter it was simply fear which tainted her words, 'I do not know what my mother owes you, but how are Irlina and I part of it?'

Sabin Duvert
Belphog grunted an ascent and stood closely behind the small fillies, his big, furry forearms pressed right up against their hind legs, preventing them from backing up.

Warlock snorted derisively at Amirynth's plaintive protests. She had been given the opportunity, plenty of opportunity. And not only had her nerve hardly improved, but she was fickle, undependable, and her allegiance was obviously to this herd and not to him, as it should have been. The angeni blood and obvious magical nature of the mare had never shown through as he had hoped, and he had gained nothing for his valuable time and resources that he had expended.

Warlock turned his head to the fillies, his glowing eyes flashing brightly. "You owe your very existence to Disnia and I. Your mother owes us for that... and much more. A fact that she is WELL aware of."

He turned his head sharply back to Amirynth. "I no longer want you. You are weak. You are a waste of my time. If you come with me, it will be for no other reason than to carve out your heart as sacrifice to Kalona. Give me one of your daughters and provided she abides by my rules, then I will not harm her.

His eyes flashed, and he struck an imposing posture.

Disnia sneered down at Amirynth, her tail lashing back and forth in irritation. She liked it little enough that he had given some of his precious attention on this mare as it was - his precious knowledge, and now to lose that to start over with another? She snorted, scowling, but she wasn't going to question him in front of them. She respected his drive and intelligence, but she didn't see the point in this deal. Better to be done with it and carve the mare's heart out. Granted, it might stir something up with this herd, but they already had enemies...

She sighed audibly, "Oh, I do hope you come with us," Disnia purred in Amirynth's ear.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:40 pm
Friends! - Alex, Santiel and Sen'jin
User Image User Image

nekolulu
~Alex roams around looking for something for do, he didn't realize it but he was traveling farther and father from home. He looks around as he travels his mother would come looking for him in a bit if she wasn't already however he thought of freedom and kept moving as he did. He soon found himself totally lost in her area that he had seen before he looks around then stops and stands where he is. He looks at the sun and blinks, and looks around nothing looked the way it did before. He blinks and looks around again then runs in her circle trying to figure out where he was and how he could get back to where his mother was or find someone else.~

junglerunner
It was another summer's day, a clear sky with a few wisps of cloud painted across the light blue canvas. Santiel had an afternoon free, which was a rare thing, Malis had spent a few hours with her each day to begin with, but Malis also had plenty of other things to see to, and now the fundamentals had been ingrained into her from the master of Shamanism lore, Malis appointed others to contiune her training and education. Though every adult knew youth needed time for play to not over bear them and keep them interested, plus one learnt through one's own experiences as much as another's teachings. Thus Santiel found herself contenting herself with simply humming to herself as she watched numerous insects move from plant to plant, making note which insect preferred which plant.

She was jogged from her reverie however when she heard the shuffle and sway of the long seeding summers grass, which indicated a larger creature made it's path through the sea of greens and yellows towards her. She looked up to spot a young colt, she took in a deep breath and tensed a little, she feared the unknown though her father's curiosity shone through, though her gentle voice was tainted with a slight quiver, 'I've not seen you before.' Which was of course true, Malis was quite strict that her and Irlina weren't to wonder far from the central glade, so her knowledge of the herd was limited to who passed into the heart of the Vitterfolk's home.

nekolulu
~Alex looks around and spots the other foal his heart beating his crest he watches her then walks close she was different from him. Someone else with wings. He watches her then backs up he had seen wings like her before from his cousin Feri. He stops to look filly over she didn't have traits that Feri did so maybe she was different from her. He watches her and decides to call out to her maybe she could tell him where he was. He smiles at her~ " Hello there miss."

~ He though of what he would do if she was unfriendly to him and scared him off the lands, he didn't know but these lands could belong to someone and he had stumbled across them. He blinks and watches the filly~ "I'm sorry for coming her e miss, you see I'm quite lost, could you please help me. my name is Alex."~He hoped that she was friendly and would help him out or at least take him to adult or someone that could~

junglerunner
She watched with cautious eyes as the young colt came closer to her, but eased slightly when he addressed her; she smiled slightly, having never been referred to as 'miss' before; she quite liked it. He followed up his greeting with an explanation of what he was doing here, and in term answered the question in her mind as to who he was and why they'd never meet before; he was not one of the Vitterfolk... maybe he came across from WillowGlen, she'd heard of the neighbouring herd, but had never meet any of them. She looked at him and questioned, 'Lost?' if that was the case she could be of little help to him, Malis didn't let her or Irlina wonder too far at all, so her geography of the area the herd encompassed wasn't good at all, let alone of the greater world.

'Where have you come from, are you from the neighbouring herd, WillowGlen?' She hoped he was or she'd begin to worry. WillowGlen were familiar to the herd, as was her understanding. If he wasn't Malis and rest of those protecting the boarders was leaving a gap somewhere.

nekolulu
~He blinks at her~ " what is WillowGlen? I'm from a meadow by the mountains." ~He watches her, had he really have gottien that far from his home and his mother. His mother was going to be upset when she couldn't find him anywhere in the meadow that he had come from, his herd might be already looking for him. His father would be angry he would be grounded for weeks after this one. He blinks away the tears as he thought of his parents looking for him.~

~He watches this filly and hoped that she would know what to do next, he wanted to cry. At least he wasn't scared he was scared that he was lost but for some reason his filly made him feel safe it was interesting, since he was scared of anyone that had wings like hers, they did remind him of his cousins which scared him. But he needed to find his way back home, maybe it was because these land felt safe as well. " Could you take me to an Adult please?"

junglerunner
She paused a moment when he questioned as to what WillowGlen was; meaning he must be foreign, in the sense that he was from further off that she had knowledge of. Her eyes widened slightly, beginning to panic, being around another foal who come potentially hurt her, if her wanted to, after all he was foreign and she knew nothing about him or where he was from. But controlling her rising panic she noted his own eyes, they were wider than her own, with that slight glazed look to them, as if he was attempting to restrain a torrent of tears. He was no threat to her.

She moved closer and pressed her nose to his neck, touching him to try and reassure him that things were okay. 'Don't worry, I'll help you.' to which he responded with the request to be taken to an adult, the next course of action she was going to suggest to the young colt, but it worried her slightly, the Vitterfolk didn't particularly like outsiders, well that was the idea Santiel got from most of the herd, but then the Skinwalker attacks had risen recently, and that was enough to frighten the bravest hearts. She nodded to the colt and smiled slightly, 'Okay, follow me then, stick close...' She began to walk in the direction of the outer meadows, heading out of the herd's territory in hope of finding Sen'jin, for he'd know what to do.

nekolulu
~He blinks as presses her nose to his neck. The touch was comforting and reassuring all at the same time. " Thank you." He smiles and watches her then looks around again. He still blamed himself for not watching where he was going and getting himself so lost in the first place it was stupid of him and he knew now. Watching her smile slightly, he nods. " Ok." He walks beside and sticks as close as he can. Not close enough to over crowd her but close enough that he could protect her. it was wired for some reason he wanted to protect and stay close to his new friend, at least he hoped that she was friend. He watches the direction and walks thinking to himself~

~He looks around the scenery and the birds his eyes shape, watching for something or someone, who knew how far she might be taking him in this place to find adult. At least now might he could be pointed back home by adult that would hopefully know where he was and how he could get back home~

Amirynth
Sen'jin was just finishing his rounds, turning to catch up with his lifemate Ysiel who was patrolling the open boarder. They had to be more diligent now since Solemn's vow when they had rescued those foals. He paused as he heard rustling an voices, looking around for the source. Moments later he found Santiel and an unfamiliar foal following her. "Santel, where be ya sister? Who that be t'ere wit'cha?" He was straight forward and to the point, intent with keeping the herd safe. The large troll towered over both foals and yet to look in his eye was soft, he cared for the young ones within the herds. After he dealt with the new-comer however, he would have to have a small chat with Santiel to press upon her the importance of keeping the confines of the territory safe. Though, seeing as such intruder was such a young foal he knew he would give her a break.

junglerunner
Santiel fluttered her wings nervously, just the twice and then settled them on her back, it seemed to be a habit she had, though she didn't realise it herself. Sen'jin was huge, much like most of the trolls that made up the herd, and being over shadowed like that, well it was something to get nervous about, but the softness in his eyes betrayed him, she knew Sen'jin would do anything to protect her and the herd. She looked at back at Alex, warmth in her eyes, and then turned back staring up, craning her neck to look at Sen'jin, 'Irlina is... I don't know to be honest, I had some free time and well... I was watching bugs, when Alex stumbled into the glade. He's lost you see, and well, I don't know which why to direct him, he's looking for his parents...' She didn't need to say anything more to Sen'jin, it was well known that Rynn stuck to the central glade and that Santiel and her sister was meant to as well, for protection of course, so of course Santiel's geography of the wider world was somewhat lacking to be able to direct Alex herself.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff