Submit

Your face
  is a man face
  is a not-man face
  ZWITTER!
View Results

baigais

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:25 pm
I've been getting trained for opera for about half a year.

Practicing has become one of my most enjoyable pastimes.
Specially when no one's home and I can sing in the shower. The acoustics in my bathroom are amazing! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:26 pm
I'm not too well-informed with opera, but I've been doing musical theatre for about two years now. What voice part do you usually sing?  

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

baigais

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:27 pm
Mezzo-soprano, usually.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:44 pm
Yeah, same with me. I tend to waver between mezzo and alto (I'm a girl), sometimes getting up to second soprano depending on the part, but I'm thinking in terms of musical theatre and choir. Is it different with opera? The only opera song I've sung is "Chanson Boheme" from Carmen. I didn't think I'd get that second-to-last note, but I pulled through in the end. It was as loud as anything, but it was supposed to be loud so all that mattered was that it was in tune.  

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

baigais

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:57 pm
Well, at my lesson my teacher told me that I had the range of a high soprano.
I have a two to three octave range, but when it comes to actually singing music it kind of depends. In choir I'm a second soprano/1st alto. We don't really get a section name. Our teacher just calls us "the middles" or "sopraltos" so in that it's pretty much the same.

Chanson Boheme is so jumpy! I'd go crazy trying to sing that. I do like a lot of songs from Carmen, though. French and Italian Opera arias are my favorites, so the French in Carmen is kind of appealing. I usually miss the big notes, though. Mostly because I get scared and my throat closes, so I'm singing there instead of supporting. I'm doing pretty good in my lessons, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:31 pm
am I really so alone?
xd
I guess it really isn't a common hobby.  

baigais

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:22 pm
Ioji
I have a two to three octave range, but when it comes to actually singing music it kind of depends. In choir I'm a second soprano/1st alto. We don't really get a section name. Our teacher just calls us "the middles" or "sopraltos" so in that it's pretty much the same.

Chanson Boheme is so jumpy! I'd go crazy trying to sing that. I do like a lot of songs from Carmen, though. French and Italian Opera arias are my favorites, so the French in Carmen is kind of appealing. I usually miss the big notes, though. Mostly because I get scared and my throat closes, so I'm singing there instead of supporting. I'm doing pretty good in my lessons, though.

Keep your mouth open, REEEEEEEALY wide, and try not to get so scared. I've found that the less scared you are of hitting a wrong note, the more likely you are to get it right. Or maybe I just got the notes because I'm one of those people who'll sing really loudly to my iPod with the headphones on, and not care who I'm bugging the crap out of by doing it.

Oh, you're not alone...WE'RE alone. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:34 pm
Falafel25
Ioji

Keep your mouth open, REEEEEEEALY wide, and try not to get so scared. I've found that the less scared you are of hitting a wrong note, the more likely you are to get it right. Or maybe I just got the notes because I'm one of those people who'll sing really loudly to my iPod with the headphones on, and not care who I'm bugging the crap out of by doing it.

Oh, you're not alone...WE'RE alone. whee

My teacher actually says to try and hit it with my mouth smaller because opening my mouth wide closes my throat.
Unfortunately I've been grounded and I can't take lessons until my grades improve. T-T Sad day

Yes, I'm so lucky to have at least one other in the world, right? xd  

baigais

Wolfattwilight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:38 am
i love the opera <3 esspecially phantom of the opera and padilliachi *sry i cant spell it* they are beautiful  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:55 am
My favorite opera is Mozart's Don Giovanni.  

QuasiMoogle

Innocent_Amaranth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:37 am
I like the phantom of the opera best, especially the song the is played when the phantom comes...i got tickets for it last year, i wanted to have them because of thay song and then it was a shorted version and without knowing the story you couldn't understnad a thing. And this song wasn't played too evil  
"WYH" What's Your Hobby?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games