Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Right to life: is abortion wrong? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is abortion wrong?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Hanami10

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:57 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
sugar plum pie
wtf have you all forgotten that a girl could be raped by her dad or cousin and not want to harm the baby by having it come out retarded
or maybe if she only had a choice to kill the baby because it would hurt the baby and the mom !

think
Finally someone that agrees with me 3nodding

I kind of agree too

I think it would really really depend on the situation. However, in cases of rape I think that it should be considered. Also, if the person bearing the baby does not have the financial strength to support him/her, then I would have to say that that could be a situation where it would be better for the baby to never have been born(I'm going to be sooo killed for this quote). If the baby is born but there are no loving parent(s) to take care of him/her, then he/she will probably just become malnourished and die anyway. I know that adoption can also be an option, but that doesn't always mean that they will actually be adopted, and if they are, by a loving family.

Another thing is that if the woman had been smoking, drinking, or doing some things she shouldn't have been doing while pregnant, and might have caused the baby to become deformed or retarded.

one last thing is if the person's body(i.e. hipbones) turn out to be unfavorable for childbearing. If having a baby could threaten the person's and/or the baby's life, then that person should not have her/him. neutral

So although I don't say every pregnant woman has a right to abort, I say that some do. I believe that being COMPLETELY against abortion seems quite unreasonable. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 pm
Hanami10
Thanatos Phoenix
sugar plum pie
wtf have you all forgotten that a girl could be raped by her dad or cousin and not want to harm the baby by having it come out retarded
or maybe if she only had a choice to kill the baby because it would hurt the baby and the mom !

think

I kind of agree too

I think it would really really depend on the situation. However, in cases of rape I think that it should be considered. Also, if the person bearing the baby does not have the financial strength to support him/her, then I would have to say that that could be a situation where it would be better for the baby to never have been born(I'm going to be sooo killed for this quote). If the baby is born but there are no loving parent(s) to take care of him/her, then he/she will probably just become malnourished and die anyway. I know that adoption can also be an option, but that doesn't always mean that they will actually be adopted, and if they are, by a loving family.

Another thing is that if the woman had been smoking, drinking, or doing some things she shouldn't have been doing while pregnant, and might have caused the baby to become deformed or retarded.

one last thing is if the person's body(i.e. hipbones) turn out to be unfavorable for childbearing. If having a baby could threaten the person's and/or the baby's life, then that person should not have her/him. neutral

So although I don't say every pregnant woman has a right to abort, I say that some do. I believe that being COMPLETELY against abortion seems quite unreasonable. talk2hand
Seconds that, every word.  

Thanatos Phoenix

Hanami10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:55 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
Hanami10
Thanatos Phoenix
sugar plum pie

think

I kind of agree too

thanks..
I was actually starting to wonder if anyone ever reads extended discussion much...
neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:00 am
Hanami10
Thanatos Phoenix
Hanami10
Thanatos Phoenix
sugar plum pie

think

I kind of agree too

thanks..
I was actually starting to wonder if anyone ever reads extended discussion much...
neutral
It´s a very slow moving sub 3nodding  

Thanatos Phoenix

Hanami10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:24 am
I noticed... I think I'll go move to the general ED sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:36 am
If you can't handle a baby, don't have it.
What if a mother had a child she didn't want, and ended up abusing it? For some people, that's a fate worse than death.

Also, what about rape? Don't EVER forget about pregnancies via rape. I wouldn't want to have a child that I know came from the cells of someone who hurt me--it would be a constant reminder of that moment. For some women, they might take that to the extremes and take out that hate on their child. Again. A fate worse than death, is a parent who doesn't love you.

To abort or not to abort is not the choice of the government, it's the choice of the women who has to have and raise the child.
subliminal messaging;
i demand 3 june sealeds, at once!
also, please visit my quest-links on my profile? :'D
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':

abkvs

Trash Vampire

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:26 pm
Your Little Bunny
What if a mother had a child she didn't want, and ended up abusing it? For some people, that's a fate worse than death.

Also, what about rape? Don't EVER forget about pregnancies via rape. I wouldn't want to have a child that I know came from the cells of someone who hurt me--it would be a constant reminder of that moment. For some women, they might take that to the extremes and take out that hate on their child. Again. A fate worse than death, is a parent who doesn't love you.

To abort or not to abort is not the choice of the government, it's the choice of the women who has to have and raise the child.
subliminal messaging;
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':
Damn you read my mind... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:02 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
Your Little Bunny

subliminal messaging;
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':
We women are good at things like that. ;D
subliminal messaging;
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':

abkvs

Trash Vampire

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:50 am
Your Little Bunny
Thanatos Phoenix
Your Little Bunny

subliminal messaging;
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':
We women are good at things like that. ;D
subliminal messaging;
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':
Hehe crossdressing avi, I´m a guy xd
But your right it´s the womens choice to have an abort not the government.. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:44 pm
So here are my thoughts on the whole matter. The government shouldn't be able to interfere with people's lives this much. They shouldn't be able to tell you what to do with your body. Everyone makes mistakes and your child may suffer either way and it would be easier for it to not have to suffer. AND the majority male government shouldn't be able to tell women what to do. They were granted rights by the Constitution almost a hundred years ago. They dont tell men what to do so they shouldn't be able to tell women what to.  

Toshiro_Li

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:51 pm
Im pro-choice, that means that although in certain situations, i myself may or may not choose to abort, i want to have that choice available to me. I think that people should have the choice to abort, for what ever reasons they got pregnant, and if they choose not to for moral reasons then thats up to them  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:23 pm
Akkiko-san
a fetus is a living being who deserves to live

true biggrin  

Sakimichi

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:35 am
Sakimichi
Akkiko-san
a fetus is a living being who deserves to live

true biggrin

its done nothing to deserve the right to live  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:27 am
All right, watch me try to be calm and rational.

*clears throat*

I do not accept the notion that a fetus- which gestates inside a born human being, and which is dependent upon that human being- is the inherent equal to the person who carries it. A fetus, shortly, is not a human in my book. If it's a fetus you're happy about, and you want it born, congratulations and I'll call it a baby to make you happy.

Further, I argue for bodily integrity. Say my friend Joe is hit by a bus and his liver ruptures. Now, I could donate a lobe of my liver to Joe to keep him alive, and still have enough to live myself... But that the law should be able to COMPEL me to give up a part of my body, or allow my body's use, even to save another person's life, is disturbing and wrong. If I may be forced to 'donate' my uterus, why is posthumous organ donation not mandatory? Why should a fetus, at any stage of development, have more claim to my internal organs than my buddy Joe from the bus accident?

Moreover I argue against legislation. Making abortion illegal does not prevent abortions, period- it only prevents the safe ones. In the days before Roe v Wade, women all over the country were forced to develop networks of contacts for back-alley procedures in emergencies. In parts of Africa and South America, where abortion is totally illegal, women in all walks of life are dying having desperately sought abortions from untrained individuals.

I argue against a lack of education.
The social conservatives call abortion birth control- and in a matter of speaking, it is, because it prevents birth. But it's silly to suggest that women get pregnant all the time, and then, laughing all the way, n** down to their local clinic for a quick abortion.
It's expensive. It can be difficult or impossible to find, with laws prohibiting crossing state lines to get one in some areas. It's humiliating- clinic staff can be condescending and it's a private matter to have to discuss. Furthermore it's dangerous- protesters in some areas threaten women who enter clinics regardless of whether they're there for an abortion or what have you. Finally, it's painful. Any stage of abortion is painful and anything after six and a half weeks tends to involve some invasive procedures. It's not fun or easy, and it's not a choice women take lightly.

Also, I argue against equivocation. Roe recanted- she feels now that she regrets her earlier choice to abort. That's awful for her.

I had an abortion six years ago, and I am not sorry. If I were to become pregnant again- pigs will fly first, I assure you- I would do the same thing with no hesitation. Of course, I would then pursue sterilization, but that's just me.

Questions about my experience? Ask away.  

walkingundine

old_scoutmaster

9,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:51 am
I have to look at abortion in many ways. First just to kill the unborn baby because your boyfriend did it to you. Why not put the baby up for adoption.
One reason for abortion is the mother's life at stake or the baby's life is in jeopardy. This can happen both ways. What if a girl is raped? Or a relative raped the girl. I am not certain in all cases if the baby would be grow up being with special needs. What about kids that are special needs kids do they have a right to life?  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff