Submit

Arius Geiza

Dapper Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:49 am
Hello there, I have a rather sad tale to tell about a past gaming experience.

I just recently reinstalled basically my favorite game of all time Starcraft after abandoning it for quite a while for this reason: I had a game folder called "Games" which had my Steam folder, WoW folder, Diablo II folder, and Starcraft folder all in with it. One day when I was uninstalling Steam because I was done using it (used to play Counter-Strike and Vampire Slayer) when I noticed it was taking quite a while and it was removing some files that had nothing to do with Steam.

So I quickly halted the process, but it was too late, all that remained were a few files left in the actual Steam folder. It had completely delted my WoW, Diablo II and Starcraft folder. Now, I didn't care about the other two, but anyone who plays SC online will know why I was super pissed about losing my SC folder. It had all my maps in it. EVEN MAPS I MYSELF HAD CREATED. Maps that I had worked really really hard to produce. I was uber pissed...and now I don't even remember the names to all the maps I had made.

Anyways, my point is this: if there are any old school SC players out there, please, check your maps folder, specifically the ones in "Download" and see if you have any of the really old RPGs, RPs, Snipers, Civilizartions, etc etc. Basically really old UMS maps, probably dating all the way back to when Brood War first came out in the late 90's. If you do, I would so appreciate it if you could select these maps and compress them into a .zip, or .rar file using winzip or winrar and then contacting me on MSN, or Skype, to transfer the files to me. You would be doing a fellow gamer a huge favor. Thanks ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:20 am
Better yet, if anyone knows of a well known SC guild on Gaia, please link me. I could ask someone there.  

Arius Geiza

Dapper Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Arius Geiza

Dapper Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:57 am
No one to help meeeeeeeeeee? crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:41 am
I can't really help. The only maps I know I can get are the "Fastest Map Ever" couple of maps I have, a specific version of Turret Defense which is beatable, and a version of Evolves Madness before that ridiculous "use beacons to send all your units to that corner of the map."  

Nadian
Crew

Arius Geiza

Dapper Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:20 pm
Alas. Thanks anyways though ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:16 pm
i dont really know bout any Sc guild i wish i did razz  

Azarieltear

High-functioning Genius

Zephire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:48 pm
Hmm... I've been playing starcraft for 5 or 6 years now and have accumulated and number of maps. Not sure if there's any that you're looking for, though. I do have a number of RPG's, although I can't for the life of me remember which ones. I do have an insane amount of Evolves maps as that's one of my favourite UMS maps.

But if you're interested I could .zip all the maps and send them to you.  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games