Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ohio Guild!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who live in Ohio, or visit! 

Tags: Ohio, Convention, Columbus, Cleveland, Midwest 

Reply Welcome To The Ohio Guild!
Just so you all know....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CpainsorVio7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:01 am
I just want to let everyone know what's going on with me right now in case I disappear for awhile.... I'll give you both the long and short story for those who don't feel like reading.....

SHORT STORY:
I'm having heart problems...it's beating WAY to fast for the past 2 days.

LONG EXPLAINED STORY:
As some of you may know, I have ADD and take a medication called adderall for it. Well, this time the pharmacy decided to give me a substitute for my meds. This substitute appearently it triggering some BAD things. I took my meds at 1PM yesterday (late start). Around 2:30 I made a comment to my roommate about my palm's being sweaty, which is wierd for me. At 3-4ish....My heart started pounding fast and hard, but I didn't go anywhere yesterday, didn't walk, nothing physical at all. I was studying. So it really didn't make sense. I'm a rebel most the time and wait things out. So I just kinda ignored it altho it was odd. At around 11:30-12AM my heart was STILL going hard....no sign of it dwindling either. So at that point I was really worried. I called home, and got the hospital mom was working at's name (she had her phone off), and after long searches for the number I got ahold of her in the ER. (Mom's an ER physician) She really didn't know what to tell me except that it was probably to the meds but that it didn't make sense to her either cause I didn't increase dose or switch meds and I'm used to adderal. I've been taking it since 7th grade! Anyhow, my heart was beating at about 144 beat a minute for hours on end today. Went down to 120 for awhile and back to 140ish later again. Mom and me talked about it and we think we know what it is.
I've got two pathways to my heart that are getting signals to pump. The second pathway somehow accidently got connected and is triggered by something. We think something is in my substitute adderall that's not in other adderall that is triggering this second pathway. But the problem is to find the second pathway. They can only do that when it's activated in an MRI scan. So mom says next time it goes up like that she's taking me to ER for an MRI....

I'm scared crying  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:01 pm
i hope that is just you. i take aderall too. crying i wouldn't take them for a week and see for yourself.  

deadzenside

fairy_goddess08

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:36 pm
i'm sry for u! i also take that and if that happens to me i am going to get wored but i hope u get better! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:48 am
It's not my adderall that's causeing it. My adderall is just what's triggering the REAL problem to occur. Caffiene makes it worst too. sad  

CpainsorVio7

AJMacAlister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:13 pm
i hope u get better  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:14 pm
I'm sorry i hope everything goes well with that crying  

Sweet Elenore

cherry haterade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:51 am
CpainsorVio7
I just want to let everyone know what's going on with me right now in case I disappear for awhile.... I'll give you both the long and short story for those who don't feel like reading.....

Hey. I sincerely hope everything works out for you. You seem like a pretty cool chick. =)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:51 pm
Im sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my prayers.  

christie lee

Welcome To The Ohio Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff