Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
What are your veiws on partial birth abortion ? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

well?
  for
  against
View Results

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:04 pm
For those of you that dont know Congress has recently voted against partial birth abortion making it illegal to preform.

and for those of you that dont know what partial abortion is when a women goes to FULL term and gives birth to a baby but only half way, half way down the birth canal a hole is jabbed through the LIVING babies head and its brain is sucked out.

basicly its murder of babies :3 or at least now you know my view...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:06 pm
people are calling it a dark day in womens rights... what about the childs rights?? the right to live?? hello?  

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:08 pm
are u serious? or did u make that up? ninja

It sounds barbaric to me, why not abort earlier? I am pro-choice, but i really couldn't go through with this myself  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:11 pm
I think it's sick. If you're that far along just have the child, so many people are looking to adopt children.

I say have an arbortion if you're only a few months in.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:17 pm
if your gonna do it, the earlier the better in my view. God, can u imagine having this partial birth abortion and then having to see the baby afterwards?? That would be aweful. At least at 1 month or whatever its just a lump of cells pretty much (in my professional biological opinion sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:26 pm
I think that late term abortion is horrbile, unless somethings wrong and the baby is killing its mother, and without abortion they'd both die.
Within the first few months I think it's fine, before the cells accually form something 0_o 6 or 7 months into it or something would be wrong.

chianachan
Crew

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:31 pm
yeah the line has to be drawn somewhere  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:39 pm
I totally agree the earlier the better but the bill also stated that under no circumstances can a woman have a partial birth abortion even if it is life threatening to the mother. I would hope that a C section could be done but if the baby became life threatening to the mother and the doctor says that the mother cannot carry the baby anymore or she will die then I think it should be ok to do. Its going to take something like that happening for congress to change it.  

angel_half82
Crew

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:40 pm
All abortion is disgusting. All abortion is murder.

Think about it; if its not a baby, why are you aborting it?

Also, if its threatening the mother's life, the most selfish thing she could do is to save herself. She's had a chance at life, the baby hasn't. Let the baby live.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:42 pm
teh sexiful nerdy

Because of what it is going to become? Because you can't support it? Because of incestuous rape? Mothers have lots of reasons

I didn't know that you couldn't have it done even if it was life threatenting. That sounds a bit crazy  

Iconised Ghost

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:43 pm
WHat if the baby was going to die along with the mother?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:47 pm
Iconised Ghost
teh sexiful nerdy

Because of what it is going to become? Because you can't support it? Because of incestuous rape? Mothers have lots of reasons

I didn't know that you couldn't have it done even if it was life threatenting. That sounds a bit crazy

Put the child up for adoption. Duh.

And no its rational. If its like threatening that doesn't mean you should brutaly murder your baby.

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

tsukasa_the_quiet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:50 pm
That sounds pretty ******** up.

I'm really on the pro choice side when it comes to other types of abortions, it's not my choice, I'm not going to have to carry the child, so I don't really have a say in it.

Of course, since I'm going to be a virgin forever, I won't have to worry about a girl getting pregnant at all. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:55 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
Iconised Ghost
teh sexiful nerdy

Put the child up for adoption. Duh.

And no its rational. If its like threatening that doesn't mean you should brutaly murder your baby.

No one is going to adopt a child with harlequin ichthiosis though or a child with downs syndrome (Though they are working on modifying the messed up gene that causes downs syndrome through genetic engineering or whatever) some times bringing the baby into the world is the worst thing you could do.

@TSN: So your saying let the baby have a chance at life and not have a mother for the childs entire life?  

angel_half82
Crew

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:00 pm
I'm for the most part pro-choice.

I would never go through nine months of hell if I was raped. Mentally, finicially, physically I could not have that child. I have too much in my furutre for a baby. I rather plan a pregnancy or at least be married and then become pregnant.

Also...
I imagine if the child found his or her daddy was a rapist, they would be emotionally scared. Rape only worked with Luke & Lora, and they're ficitonal.  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff