No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum
You ever heard of Spore???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think Spore will be the best game of the year and a few too come?
  Pshhh of course!!!!!!!
  No this game dosent look that good.
  Im not sure. I have to play it first to decide.
View Results

leonardo0003

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:45 pm
Im curious to see if any 1 here has heard of the up coming Sim game called spore created by Will Wright the guy behind Sim1 and Sim 2.

To you who have not heard of it this is what it is

Spore is a Sim game that lets YOU the player control just about everything.
In this game you get to create your own alien civilization from the very first cell. During the game your cell or creature evolves and you are allowed to make it look like watever you want not matter what. It can have 1 leg or 3, 2 heads or 4 mouths it dosent matter! In the beggining you start off by controlling 1 creature then a tribe of those creatures, and after a whole planet of them.

So where do you go after you conquer the planet? No where but up.... literally. You get to create a UFO and go from planet to planet creating allies, trading partners, or intergallactic enemies.

But the fun dosent stop there. Spore is a massively 1 player game and yet it is connected to all other players out there. By this I mean when you grow your creatures you make them mean or peaceful. Then on some one elses game they can actually see your creature and your creature will act based on how it was raised.

Well this is a basic overview of Spore. Check out these links for more info i might not have covered. Or post some info you have found to share with the rest of us.

http://www.spore.com/
http://pc.ign.com/objects/735/735340.html
http://totalspore.com/
http://www.xspore.com/
http://www.snootyspore.com/

Also, there are alot of spore videos on Youtube and Google video so check them out too!  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:45 pm
I've been eagerly awaiting Spore's release for a year or more now. During the summer the release date was rumoured to be late 2006. But now it's late 2007.

I can't wait to make custom creatures that walk around realistically. As a friend of mine said, "I'm going to get to the creature editing phase and stay there." Seriously, I'll probably spend weeks or months perfecting my creature before moving onto the next phase. I hope that it will be possible to have multiple games saved at the same time; I want to make dragons and all the creatures I've created over the years.  

Zephire

Blue-Ultimate

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:48 pm
If this game is as good as in all the previews and trailers I have seen (a very lot of bunch) then I could stay in the beginning phase(when your still a tiny cell) for at least a week or month.

I guess I'll be doing that with every phase ><. and completely destroy other races that I can dominate over internet  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:55 pm
yeah, it's going to a pretty good game because you are connected to the other people playing (don't have to have internet) too, and than you can fight to control the universe.
I watched a little preview and sneak~peek~playing of it on G4!!! it's pretty cool.  

shadowmartyn

lordmasta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:05 am
spores been in the making for a while, there have been a few huge beta tests, and even a performance by robin williams playing the game.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:35 pm
should be cool  

Hardcore Zen

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:45 pm
I'll be looking forward to it when they release it in a year or 12  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
I heard about Spore a while ago... I even showed my mom the trailer. I want it. O_O Looks so cool...!  

PrincessMelissa

PMoonbane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:56 pm
I actually know one of the guys working on programming Spore. definetly the best game to come along in a while. a long long while.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:48 pm
A bunch of my friends have been excited about it, but the release date has recently been postponed indefinitely.  

ringwraith10

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:34 am
Spore will definately rock a**! The head of this game, Will Wright, always did good jobs, with Sim City, The Sims and other simulation games.

I know about it since I got "Sims 2" for NGC, there was a funny option at the PCs: "Play Spore"

Spore will be that game I always wished: create your own personal lifeform twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:30 am
Spore has actually been pushed back again, likely into mid-2008. Personally, I'm crushed. I've wanted this game since the first demonstration was given. I also hope that my computer can handle it. The way it's programmed makes me think that it might be processor intensive...

Source: Kotaku  

Talwar126

ChaosAngel1421

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:14 am
Yah, the game looks great. Whenever it does come out, I'm definitely gonna get it, but right now, it looks like it's gonna remain vaporware. Which is disappointing, cuz the game looks like it's gonna rock.  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games