Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Creative Writing/Homework Help
Geometry Project

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like math?
  Yes
  No
View Results

RedMage Sohma

5,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:30 pm
My p***k of a geometry teacher gave us this project about renovating a house using volume and surface area. I found a site with an exact copy. Who would make a website like this?!

http://members.aol.com/semproject/RenoProSp03.html

http://members.aol.com/semproject/FloorPlan.html

Does anyone know how to simplify this into just formulas?  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:56 pm
I would help you but...

1. I'm not in geometry yet
2. I'm HORRIBLE at math.  

Scapula

Wheezing Lunatic

11,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200

ZiR23

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:16 pm
i remember doing this before! i got an A! too bad i don't remember the formulas too well. emo  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:12 pm
Um...That's a lot of math...I'm learning geometry next year and haven't gotten to formulas much...so I can't help you. If I have to do that project though, I might get the correct answer but not using the correct formulas or whatever. sweatdrop  

Kirimin

Kurai02

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:24 pm
Hmmm... From what I get from it, it seems pretty straight foward. You have to do the renovations said.

For example, the living room, bedrooms, and closet need to have carpets, there fore all you would do is find the area for the living room and bedrooms then times that number by the cost. Then do the same for the closet (the costs are different).

So unless I'm reading the problem wrong, all you have to do is use the formula to find the area of the sufaces that you're doing then multiply that by the cost....

I'm probaly reading the problem wrong, but if I'm not, I'd be willing to explain it in more detail through a pm xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:11 am
well...um, sweatdrop I did something like this, but got a 50 crying . I'm afraid I won't be much help, but have you tried making a model or drawing a blueprint to give you an idea of what it's supposed to look like?  

hanafan36

Epic_Forest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:42 am
First, make sure that your units are the same. if the living room is measured in feet, but the carpet is sold by yards, either divide the measurements by 3 or multiply the carpet cost by 3, because 3 feet are in 1 yard.

okay so for the carpet:

living room= 15' x 20' / 3 = 100 <- the room in yards.
now you multiply that by the price of one yard
so: 100 x 25.08 = $2508 and thats the living room.

pm if you need more help!  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:29 pm
You have to be more specific. There are different volume/surface area formulas for different shapes.  

Dark King Treble

xXx_demonic_aphrodite_xXx

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:34 pm
i wish i could help but i suck at geometry
im in the 9th grade but they are making me take geometry
cuz they think im smart >.
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:48 am
study with ur books and not go in this website but i can im doing good in school so get off if not u will not graduate and that is a promise.  

nickjonaslover911

Creative Writing/Homework Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff