Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Art! Fan Fics! and Cosplay!, Its the ~Fan Forum~!!!!
Zexion Cosplay Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which idea?
  Book A
  Book B
  Other idea
View Results

Alchemy Puppet

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:35 pm
I'm having problems in making my Zexion cosplay for Fanime. I want to make the book but I don't know how should I do it.

So far I have these two ideas:

A) Make it all out of construction paper and card board like a notebook kind of thing.

B) Spray paint a binder black or buy a black binder and then paste all the neccesary things on it to make it look like the book.

Flaws:

-Book A's paper may tear

-Book B is heavy and bulky to carry around

-neither of them look like the original version what-so-ever except by how it's decorated. (Could care less anyway)

Other:

I'm thinking to fill in the books I should but the ansem reports inside and info on Sora and his friends and the organization members inside it. And for the humor of it add little notes about each character personally by Zexion.

I'm also trying to save moeny for I am poor and I just want to have enough to actually get into Fanime and buy whatever I want at a good price and have enough afterwards. Yeah I'm budgeting my money HARD....

Your opinion would really help alot or if you have an idea that'd be great too and some refrence pictures of Zexion's Book would be greatly appreciated as well. So far I've been doing it by memory from watching the fight on YouTube.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:26 am
Hmm..... I don't know if this help, but I'll try. You can buy or use a useless book and paper mache the cover. Once you done it, color it with the same color as Zexion's book. Make sure you add the Organization symbol on the cover too.

As for the inside, I don't know what's in Zexion's book since his book is filled with words and no one knows what it's about. But you can add Ansem reports and KH bio inside if you want. Besides, it's your decision, not everyone.

I think that's all I can think of. I hope this help out, even though it seems like a lot of work. sweatdrop  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

larxene 12

4,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:13 pm
Jisen Meizuki
Hmm..... I don't know if this help, but I'll try. You can buy or use a useless book and paper mache the cover. Once you done it, color it with the same color as Zexion's book. Make sure you add the Organization symbol on the cover too.

As for the inside, I don't know what's in Zexion's book since his book is filled with words and no one knows what it's about. But you can add Ansem reports and KH bio inside if you want. Besides, it's your decision, not everyone.

I think that's all I can think of. I hope this help out, even though it seems like a lot of work. sweatdrop

That sounds like a good idea! I never would have thought of it...^^
My advice to that is instead of doing paper mache, what about using a plain black book and painting the nobody symbol on the front? It would be a lot easier...^^  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:45 pm
yeah those sound like a good idea. I just hope I find a useless book at a small price...I still need to keep meh monay.........><; for Fanime. Any ideads where I may get one?  

Alchemy Puppet

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:01 am
Hmm..... Well, you can find some at the flea market, but I'm not sure if they have hard-covered books. Because when I went to the flea market, most books are either soft-covered or magazines.

Sometimes, the college and school libraries give out free books too. You can check it out too if you want.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:35 pm
I don't think I have any of those around here......well mayby in china town. I guess I'll check there....thanks. Any more suggestions by anyone else?  

Alchemy Puppet

Alchemy Puppet

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:10 pm
Anyone have a picture of Zexion's book? That would help alot right now.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:17 am
This is the only copy that has Zexion's book. The picture is not really well to see. If you want to have a closer look, you can look back at Zexion's battle and freeze the screen to see it.

Zexion Boss Battle  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

Alchemy Puppet

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:58 pm
Thanks. I've been using the Youtube for most of the time for a while studying on his book. Wow I sound like I'm a stalker almost... XP  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:16 am
LOL There's a different between studying and stalking. Studying is when you need something to accomplish the goal such as taking a test or doing a project. Stalking is when a person is too obsess with it. LOL xd  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

Illness_Illusion_Oblivion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:01 pm
what my friend did is she took the biggest book she could find and turned it into Zexy's book... O_o so this might not help any but you might want to take this idea into consideration...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Use the heavy book. It's more durable, plus carrying a book isn't bad. I do it all the time. i actually feel naked without one...but I guess if it also helps, carry it around for a week before the convention to get use to it.  

NocturnalWeapon

Drocell the Puppet Maker

Friendly Giver

34,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:22 pm
Alchemy Puppet
I'm having problems in making my Zexion cosplay for Fanime. I want to make the book but I don't know how should I do it.

So far I have these two ideas:

A) Make it all out of construction paper and card board like a notebook kind of thing.

B) Spray paint a binder black or buy a black binder and then paste all the neccesary things on it to make it look like the book.

Flaws:

-Book A's paper may tear

-Book B is heavy and bulky to carry around

-neither of them look like the original version what-so-ever except by how it's decorated. (Could care less anyway)

Other:

I'm thinking to fill in the books I should but the ansem reports inside and info on Sora and his friends and the organization members inside it. And for the humor of it add little notes about each character personally by Zexion.

I'm also trying to save moeny for I am poor and I just want to have enough to actually get into Fanime and buy whatever I want at a good price and have enough afterwards. Yeah I'm budgeting my money HARD....

Your opinion would really help alot or if you have an idea that'd be great too and some refrence pictures of Zexion's Book would be greatly appreciated as well. So far I've been doing it by memory from watching the fight on YouTube.

well as for th eoutside look I would have suggested a phone book and thne for the inside just type up info on a computer and print and glue it in and as I have read he trys to copy others weapons so you could have character info and their weaponsa dn what they controll on the side for example.(zexion's' POV)

Axel
nobody number 8MY lessser by two.
Manipulates fire
weids duel chakrams

and so on and so forth  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:44 pm
I suggest you try to find a black hard cover book and just put the Nobody symbol on it. The only book I can think of to use Is "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer and just take the paper cover off, but the spine and the cover will still have the name on it so you should cover it up somehow. Hope that helps.  

Mei-chwan

6,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Art! Fan Fics! and Cosplay!, Its the ~Fan Forum~!!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games