Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
RELIGION CAN SAVE AS? I THINK NOT? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your religion?
  Christian
  Islam
  Buddist
  Hindu
  Ancient People beliefs....
  non of the mentioned
View Results

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:56 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:06 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
Well I believe that earth would be a better place without religion all together.

I mean people fight over religion and they are going to continue fighting if there is religion..

And don´t say that "well it´s the muslims fault" becaues all religions are able to become extremists.

If I'm not mistaken, religions probably originated because a looong long time ago, people did not have the rational, scientific explanations of natural phenomenons as we do today.

The myths, beliefs, etc. should still be kept for sake of culture, history, and human studies, but you should not have to actually BELIEVE that the Earth was created in three days.

However, I think that some of the ideals such as kindness, selflessness, etc. that are portrayed in these religions should be kept at heart.
I also believe that religion should be a personal thing. Although you chould go to local churches, temples, shrines, whatever, no one should really be able to FORCE you to believe in things.

Same with fairy tales... no one but four year olds actually believe that a prince could turn into a frog, no?  

Hanami10

x__elloxlovex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:54 am
i definitely need some money.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:57 pm
Hanami10
Thanatos Phoenix
Well I believe that earth would be a better place without religion all together.

I mean people fight over religion and they are going to continue fighting if there is religion..

And don´t say that "well it´s the muslims fault" becaues all religions are able to become extremists.

If I'm not mistaken, religions probably originated because a looong long time ago, people did not have the rational, scientific explanations of natural phenomenons as we do today.

The myths, beliefs, etc. should still be kept for sake of culture, history, and human studies, but you should not have to actually BELIEVE that the Earth was created in three days.

However, I think that some of the ideals such as kindness, selflessness, etc. that are portrayed in these religions should be kept at heart.
I also believe that religion should be a personal thing. Although you chould go to local churches, temples, shrines, whatever, no one should really be able to FORCE you to believe in things.

Same with fairy tales... no one but four year olds actually believe that a prince could turn into a frog, no?
You got a point and I agree with somethings you say and not so much on others 3nodding

@x__elloxlovex: That is SPAM and it can get you banned, please don´t do it agian.  

Thanatos Phoenix

cramshaft

Omnipresent Loiterer

23,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:23 pm
Thanatos Phoenix

dead on  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:41 am
All religions are, in the end, based off one another.
Whether those who believe in this, or that, want to believe it or not, way back when, their religions didn't exist, and someone had to create them.
By creating them, they took inspiriation from different sources, pehaps even another type of worship that existed in their time.
Best example (IMO): Chistianity coming from Judaism.
subliminal messaging;
i demand 3 june sealeds, at once!
also, please visit my quest-links on my profile? :'D
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':

abkvs

Trash Vampire

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:32 am
Your Little Bunny
Whether those who believe in this, or that, want to believe it or not, way back when, their religions didn't exist, and someone had to create them.
By creating them, they took inspiriation from different sources, pehaps even another type of worship that existed in their time.
subliminal messaging;
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':
By that you meen that every religion is made up by a person? not a god a person....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:56 pm
x__elloxlovex
i definitely need some money.

just work hard to have some ^^ we are just the same...... lets pray ^^ rofl  

blixztml

blixztml

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:00 pm
Your Little Bunny
subliminal messaging;
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':

maybe your right.. but think of it... as people evolve ... religion evolves too? question  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:02 pm
blixztml
Your Little Bunny
subliminal messaging;
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':

maybe your right.. but think of it... as people evolve ... religion evolves too? question
Not very likely religion can't really evolve...  

Thanatos Phoenix

Oashin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:47 pm
Your Little Bunny

Actually, if you want to get technical, Christianity and Judaism both came from Paganism. If you read up on most religions, the same thing goes for them, as well.

When Christianity first started sprouting its wings, it needed followers. Christianity adopted Pagan holidays, celebrations and customs from the Pagan rituals to help "appeal" to more Pagans, in hopes that more Pagans would follow this "new religion."

Good Examples:
Christmas is the Christian concept of the Pagan holiday of Yule.
Easter comes from one of the names given to the many forms of the Pagan deities know as Esther. The eggs and rabbits associated with this holiday are signs of fertility in the Pagan religion.
Halloween is the Christian concept of the Pagan holiday of All Hallows Eve.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:17 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml
Your Little Bunny
subliminal messaging;
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':

then why do we have branches of religion from the previous religion  

blixztml

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:40 pm
blixztml
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml
Your Little Bunny
subliminal messaging;
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':

Thats not evolution because they still have the basic concept of the "mother" religion left.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:25 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml
Your Little Bunny
subliminal messaging;
User Image
I Wants These.
I's Has
15k Out Of 700k. )':

Thats not evolution because they still have the basic concept of the "mother" religion left.

yes they still have the concept of the mother religion.. but think of it... they deviated from the usual method of prasing God and used a new method or used some new ways of prasing God... isnt taht evolution  

blixztml

Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces