Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
RELIGION CAN SAVE AS? I THINK NOT? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your religion?
  Christian
  Islam
  Buddist
  Hindu
  Ancient People beliefs....
  non of the mentioned
View Results

blixztml

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:27 pm
Oashin
Your Little Bunny

Best example (IMO): Chistianity coming from Judaism.

Actually, if you want to get technical, Christianity and Judaism both came from Paganism. If you read up on most religions, the same thing goes for them, as well.

When Christianity first started sprouting its wings, it needed followers. Christianity adopted Pagan holidays, celebrations and customs from the Pagan rituals to help "appeal" to more Pagans, in hopes that more Pagans would follow this "new religion."

Good Examples:
Christmas is the Christian concept of the Pagan holiday of Yule.
Easter comes from one of the names given to the many forms of the Pagan deities know as Esther. The eggs and rabbits associated with this holiday are signs of fertility in the Pagan religion.
Halloween is the Christian concept of the Pagan holiday of All Hallows Eve.

wow.. thats a very nice concept of yours... ^^
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:50 pm
blixztml
Oashin
Your Little Bunny

Best example (IMO): Chistianity coming from Judaism.

Actually, if you want to get technical, Christianity and Judaism both came from Paganism. If you read up on most religions, the same thing goes for them, as well.

When Christianity first started sprouting its wings, it needed followers. Christianity adopted Pagan holidays, celebrations and customs from the Pagan rituals to help "appeal" to more Pagans, in hopes that more Pagans would follow this "new religion."

Good Examples:
Christmas is the Christian concept of the Pagan holiday of Yule.
Easter comes from one of the names given to the many forms of the Pagan deities know as Esther. The eggs and rabbits associated with this holiday are signs of fertility in the Pagan religion.
Halloween is the Christian concept of the Pagan holiday of All Hallows Eve.

what a concept you got there.. pretty nice.. i never thought of that

blixztml

blixztml

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:55 pm
no matter what reason we make, how well we defend our own relegion...
it doest make sense at all to do that..

User Image

if we trully believe that ours is the right thing... then do things according to what we believe in....

if the bible says to help and to respect.. then why dont we just do it...
and if someone ask why we are doing it...
the answer them the goodness of your belief...

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:52 pm
please dont double/triple post  

Iconised Ghost

Pseudo_Intellektual

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:05 pm
I Say the same thing to my friends almost every day. We are to blinded to realize that the more you make a person think something, the more he'll think something else! But we are still at a point where the U.S. hates ( Name certain middle east countries here) and vice versa because of different religions!! Now in reality, will it ever affect us if they stay a (name religion here)?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:45 pm
Giachianeo
I Say the same thing to my friends almost every day. We are to blinded to realize that the more you make a person think something, the more he'll think something else!

I dont think thats true, psych studies show that the more you bombard people with a certain concept, the more likely they are to internalise it and believe it to be true  

Iconised Ghost

blixztml

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:06 pm
Giachianeo
I Say the same thing to my friends almost every day. We are to blinded to realize that the more you make a person think something, the more he'll think something else! But we are still at a point where the U.S. hates ( Name certain middle east countries here) and vice versa because of different religions!! Now in reality, will it ever affect us if they stay a (name religion here)?

if you trully believe in what u are staying at now.. then why not.....

the thing is that they do things to prove something like bombing the entire world not thinking of what difference would it make..
the are only making some excuse, using their relegion as a way to kill...
but do they realy think that it would prove anything.. think not

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:08 pm
Iconised Ghost
Giachianeo
I Say the same thing to my friends almost every day. We are to blinded to realize that the more you make a person think something, the more he'll think something else!

I dont think thats true, psych studies show that the more you bombard people with a certain concept, the more likely they are to internalise it and believe it to be true

well you have a point.. but not at all the time that would happen....

sometimes the more that you insist on the thing that is true to you.. the more that they would not believe and insist that theirs are true

User Image  

blixztml

mehmeh0000

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:08 pm
thats why there is such a word that exist..

called

FAITH...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:06 pm
mehmeh0000

called

FAITH...

whats why such a word as "faith" exists??  

Iconised Ghost

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:06 pm
blixztml
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml

maybe your right.. but think of it... as people evolve ... religion evolves too? question
Not very likely religion can't really evolve...

then why do we have branches of religion from the previous religion
Thats not evolution because they still have the basic concept of the "mother" religion left.

yes they still have the concept of the mother religion.. but think of it... they deviated from the usual method of prasing God and used a new method or used some new ways of prasing God... isnt taht evolution
Ehh no.
Wiki
Evolution is a change in the inherited traits of a population from one generation to the next. This process causes populations of organisms to change over time. Inherited traits are the expression of genes that are passed on to offspring during reproduction. Mutations in genes can produce new or altered traits, resulting in the appearance of heritable differences between organisms.
Organisms evolve, religion does not.
Religion changes but in the end it´s still the same.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:11 pm
mehmeh0000

called

FAITH...

yeah your right....

but a thing that you havent seen or touched is hard to have faith on  

blixztml

blixztml

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:13 pm
Iconised Ghost
mehmeh0000

called

FAITH...

whats why such a word as "faith" exists??

i think she meant that if you had a religion.. it would not be sure that this religion would save you, but you have to faith to stay in and believe that its true.. i think? or am i wrong...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:18 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml
Thanatos Phoenix
Not very likely religion can't really evolve...

then why do we have branches of religion from the previous religion
Thats not evolution because they still have the basic concept of the "mother" religion left.

yes they still have the concept of the mother religion.. but think of it... they deviated from the usual method of prasing God and used a new method or used some new ways of prasing God... isnt taht evolution
Ehh no.
Wiki
Evolution is a change in the inherited traits of a population from one generation to the next. This process causes populations of organisms to change over time. Inherited traits are the expression of genes that are passed on to offspring during reproduction. Mutations in genes can produce new or altered traits, resulting in the appearance of heritable differences between organisms.
Organisms evolve, religion does not.
Religion changes but in the end it´s still the same.

her is the idea of evolve as i think
evolve means To develop or achieve gradually
to develop for example in churches, in the oldies people dont quite use instrument in singing for praises to GOD
but now we have...
evolution really doesnt mean that everything should be change... it has only to accept changes i think  

blixztml

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:30 pm
MOD NOTE:

blixztml, you've already been warned about posting multiple times in a row.

if you post and then decide you have something more to say, EDIT your previous post.

this is your last warning.  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces