Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
RELIGION CAN SAVE AS? I THINK NOT? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your religion?
  Christian
  Islam
  Buddist
  Hindu
  Ancient People beliefs....
  non of the mentioned
View Results

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:49 am
blixztml
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml

then why do we have branches of religion from the previous religion
Thats not evolution because they still have the basic concept of the "mother" religion left.

yes they still have the concept of the mother religion.. but think of it... they deviated from the usual method of prasing God and used a new method or used some new ways of prasing God... isnt taht evolution
Ehh no.
Wiki
Evolution is a change in the inherited traits of a population from one generation to the next. This process causes populations of organisms to change over time. Inherited traits are the expression of genes that are passed on to offspring during reproduction. Mutations in genes can produce new or altered traits, resulting in the appearance of heritable differences between organisms.
Organisms evolve, religion does not.
Religion changes but in the end it´s still the same.

her is the idea of evolve as i think
evolve means To develop or achieve gradually
to develop for example in churches, in the oldies people dont quite use instrument in singing for praises to GOD
but now we have...
evolution really doesnt mean that everything should be change... it has only to accept changes i think
Evolution = Change.
That is a fact.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:14 pm
don't trust wiki.

American Heritage Dictionary -
e·volve (ĭ-vŏlv')
v. e·volved, e·volv·ing, e·volves

v. tr.

1. To develop or achieve gradually: evolve a style of one's own.
2. To work (something) out; devise: "the schemes he evolved to line his purse" (S.J. Perelman).
2. Biology To develop (a characteristic) by evolutionary processes.
3. To give off; emit.

v. intr.

1. To undergo gradual change; develop: an amateur acting group that evolved into a theatrical company.
2. Biology To develop or arise through evolutionary processes.

[Latin ēvolvere, to unroll : ē-, ex-, ex- + volvere, to roll; see wel-2 in Indo-European roots.]

so, as you can see, religion CAN evolve. the world "evolution" doesn't apply solely to biological applications. 3nodding  

WastelandMama
Crew

blixztml

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:21 pm
bluegrass cat
MOD NOTE:

blixztml, you've already been warned about posting multiple times in a row.

if you post and then decide you have something more to say, EDIT your previous post.

this is your last warning.

ow?? cant you see that i am only giving some ideas about there query?
i made this post so whats the problem with that?
soo are a crew a high ranked then sorry for the fact that i need to comment with the idea of others.....
Please reply to this post emmidiately..]

it quite irritating me........ for some reason..
i really like to answer some of theire post and im only online on sunday or sat that is why it looks like a multiple...

CANT I POST SOMETHING ON MY OWN THREAD? !

if you have posted your answer to this post, then thank you and i want you to know it irritates me sorry for the inconvinience..

you can banned me if you want crew member it would be ok...

if you have a problem with the tread i made then sorry for that..

you can report to the GM if you want... i dont mind if the Gm is on your side, that would be ok.

i can reply to your post next sat or sunday sorry for the inconvinience i am only online at that time  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:31 pm
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml
Thanatos Phoenix
blixztml
Thanatos Phoenix
Thats not evolution because they still have the basic concept of the "mother" religion left.

yes they still have the concept of the mother religion.. but think of it... they deviated from the usual method of prasing God and used a new method or used some new ways of prasing God... isnt taht evolution
Ehh no.
Wiki
Evolution is a change in the inherited traits of a population from one generation to the next. This process causes populations of organisms to change over time. Inherited traits are the expression of genes that are passed on to offspring during reproduction. Mutations in genes can produce new or altered traits, resulting in the appearance of heritable differences between organisms.
Organisms evolve, religion does not.
Religion changes but in the end it´s still the same.

her is the idea of evolve as i think
evolve means To develop or achieve gradually
to develop for example in churches, in the oldies people dont quite use instrument in singing for praises to GOD
but now we have...
evolution really doesnt mean that everything should be change... it has only to accept changes i think
Evolution = Change.
That is a fact.

yes it is ^^ thnx for having your idea hehehehehehe
but for my reply i have to be banned by bluegrass cat...

thanx for the post everyone, maybe its bye bye for me....
i really love this guild for there are soo many arguers

LOVE YOU ALL (^^,)V peace be with you

blixztml

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:36 pm
Of course you can post ideas in your own thread, or in anyone elses thread. Just because it is your thread though doesnt mean that you dont have to follow the guild rules. it is a lot easier for other members (and a lot less annoying) if you dont double/triple post at all 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:33 pm
Iconised Ghost
Of course you can post ideas in your own thread, or in anyone elses thread. Just because it is your thread though doesnt mean that you dont have to follow the guild rules. it is a lot easier for other members (and a lot less annoying) if you dont double/triple post at all 3nodding

OW? is that your reason at all? just that...?
i see...
i hope you can elaborate more...

thanx for the post....
is it really that annoying?

il never post again if thats the reason

confused

mod note: this user has been banned.  

blixztml

teenroses

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:31 am
I guess that it's because we all have such strong faith in our religion, that we are sometimes blinded, and forget that others have faith as well.

I am not very religious. I have only gone to Sunday church twice (that was when I slept over at friends' houses on Saturday nights) and slowly, my faith went away. I stopped believing.

And no, I am not one of those people who go into churches on Sunday, and massacres everybody. I'm not those type who go on every religious comment and say "You're wrong! God doesn't exsist!". I'm not that type to swear at God everyday.

I just understand that people have beliefs, and move on.

But, I guess that I do sometimes feel a little sad when people start talking about church things, and stuff about Him.

I just kind of feel lonely and insulted. But I guess it's sort of a way a Jewish person might feel, when everyone is talking about Christmas. You know, like that?

Hmm......Religion is so hard sometimes, though. But everything in life is hard.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:51 am
bluegrass cat
don't trust wiki.

American Heritage Dictionary -
e·volve (ĭ-vŏlv')
v. e·volved, e·volv·ing, e·volves

v. tr.

1. To develop or achieve gradually: evolve a style of one's own.
2. To work (something) out; devise: "the schemes he evolved to line his purse" (S.J. Perelman).
2. Biology To develop (a characteristic) by evolutionary processes.
3. To give off; emit.

v. intr.

1. To undergo gradual change; develop: an amateur acting group that evolved into a theatrical company.
2. Biology To develop or arise through evolutionary processes.

[Latin ēvolvere, to unroll : ē-, ex-, ex- + volvere, to roll; see wel-2 in Indo-European roots.]

so, as you can see, religion CAN evolve. the world "evolution" doesn't apply solely to biological applications. 3nodding
Well we have different opinions on that one xd  

Thanatos Phoenix

Dark King Treble

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:28 pm
Look at the bad side: relgion will never go away. For as long as we are here, you will always here of Ala, Jesus, Buddha,etc.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:17 pm
Um...some people (myself included) would argue that the fact that religion will never go away is a good thing, not a bad thing sweatdrop  

Iconised Ghost

darth technique

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:49 pm
the dumbest thing i hate about most really religious people is that most think that there right about everything and other religions are wrong thats one thing that i dont like about religion  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:53 pm
thats kinda the point of having a religion though  

Iconised Ghost

Thanatos Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:24 pm
Religion in it´s self isn´t bad, it´s just bad people.

There is no religious text that says "Kill everyone that doesn´t believe the same thing as you do"
All religious text are misunderstood by the people reading them, the true meaning of the texts are lost or scrambled by all the people that have rewritten the works over the years.

Great example: Go read one of the early versions of The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien and then read the newest version, much is lost and that is just 72 years how old is the bible of example?

And what I can get is why Muslims and Christians are fighting?
You are worshipping the same God, the same God that Jews are worshipping.
Why are you fighting for?

Don´t believe me? Find out for your self.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:51 am
awww nc.. maybe we r..? coz if u do good things in ur lives.. maybe wat u r doin ish that the way where can save us...  

xXiDrewXx

1,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

-Imaginary t0y-Sz xP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:02 pm
yeah..! >.<  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff