Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
Kay so answer this. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YOU'RE MY CUPPYCAKE GUMDROP..
  SNOOGUMS-BOOGUMS, YO'RE THE APPLE OF MY EYE!
View Results

Zack fair18

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:10 pm
Hanami10
though I never read it(the bible) in its entirety, some of the biblical stories(oversimplified of course) that I HAVE read really don't make sense as you said...

so why are there so many die-hard christians who believe in every word that is printed in the bible? question

cause no one can prove who made the bible and they think it all came from god and mostly because of how they were raised.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:59 am
I think that going as far to claim incest is a bit harsh. If God can create the Universe then why can't He let Adam and Eve have a million different kind of babies? we don't know what happened. all we know is that humanity began with Adam and Eve. Don't speculate about things that you know will create doubt and controversy in your heart. God is Al-mighty, All-powerful, All-knowing, Alll-seeing. You can ask him about it when you get to heaven wink
back to the we don't know what happened thing, what if they had a billion babies and then they got married off to each other? and so what if it was incest. That was then and this is now. back then, at the moment, that is what God willed to happen and now he's telling us we shouldn't. so we won't. God is perfect. He makes no mistakes. There is so little that humans actually comprehend so we may not always understand why we do the things we do and there will always be things that confuse us because we can't see the wisdom behind it.
ok closing statement:
God is perfect and does not make mistakes. Humans are flawed and have small comprehension capacity. There will always be things in our religions that we don't understnad but God made that way for a purpose. We are just the ones who cannot seem to find the wisdom in His words/actions. But never doubt God, at least the words you know to be 100% His. Most-no, ALL of those Bible flaws were man-made changes made thousands of years ago.

Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh  

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

animefreec

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:45 pm
Zack fair18
Hanami10
though I never read it(the bible) in its entirety, some of the biblical stories(oversimplified of course) that I HAVE read really don't make sense as you said...

so why are there so many die-hard christians who believe in every word that is printed in the bible? question

cause no one can prove who made the bible and they think it all came from god and mostly because of how they were raised.

Actually real Christians believe that the Bible is INSPIRED by God but written by his disciples, and also people from the Old Testament. And the Bible does make sense, its people who don't want to believe and understand and those who don't understand and have never been told the truth about it who think that it doesn't make sense.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:04 am
The root of this discussion is that christians believe that we are all inbred sex fiends.  

LordRyan

fli_as_can_be

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:13 am
Larghaz
Banana_Fuzzle
Good arguments. However, could it be that the Bible is not meant to be taken literally?

Exactly, the Bible is filled with symbolisms and hidden meanings, just like when Jesus said something to the effect of "Eat my body and you shall have eternal life." He didn't actually mean for us to eat him as he is; sweatdrop he also didn't mean that people who do so will stay alive forever.

he has a point there  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces