Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
what is your views about the war in iraq Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think
  fair
  unfair
View Results

Niko079

Friendly Gaian

8,450 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:07 am
guys im just wandering what do you think about the war in iraq is it fair or unfair?

personally for me i think its UNFAIR because a lot of inocent people are dying for no reasson at all. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:23 pm
Innocent people!!
s**t it´s not only innocent people that are dying, soldiers are dying too..
And does who do come back, are mutilated or have post-traumatic stress disorder and can´t function in a normal society.
And all this s**t for for Mr. Dubya and his black gold becaues thats what this whole pointless war is about.. Money!  

Thanatos Phoenix

ADMlN Trovid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:23 pm
The entier war is Bush just being nosey I meen so what if iraq dosent have democrocey thats thare problem! scream  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:20 pm
I hate this war i really do not only is there innocent people in the cross fire our soldiers are being killed for a cause which they do not even believe in, i have family over there and we hate the fact there being dragged over and even they have said it is pointless. At the end of the day and it is horrible to say bush should have stayed out because sure sadam was causing harm to his people and was a threat even if it was a small one but he kept everyone at bay and no one was trying to get the oil, now bush has run in our troops cannot withdraw because of the oil if they do one of the outsiders will atempt to claim the country and the oil and the whole situation will get much worse.  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:32 pm
Not to mention the fact that everyone seems to have forgotten what this war was supposed to be about, anyway - getting Osama Bin Laden for 9/11. But that was a snafu, so the government and media have conveniently forgotten about it by focusing on Iraq instead rolleyes

(and all the other reasons stated already ^.^)

Trovid there is right - America wanted democracy bad enough that the people fought for it. If a country doesn't want something enough to do their own fighting, then who are we to jump in and take over?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:47 pm
I hope they can pull the soilders out of the war soon.
However, I can't say I don't side with the war seeing how I have no idea whatsoever as to why we are in Iraq in the first place. If it's for a good reason, then I'm fine with the war as long as the soilders get out soon, and the ones who have and will die, die for a good purpose.  

FangzV

Toothsome Voter

Erikz_Firah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:03 am
One thing that angers me is people making rash generalizations about a touchy topic like Iraq. I think the war is unfair, but you have to express this in an educated manner. Cite some sources. You think bush is only in it for the money? where's your proof?

One thing I'm adamant about though, no matter how wrongfully we went into Iraq, we need to leave in a proper way. Just rushing out of there, leaving as quickly as possible is a bad idea, it would leave the country in ruins and the entire world would hate us for leaving such a sensative area in ruins.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:33 pm
Yes this war is unfair. Yes the troops should be pulled out. In fact they should never have been there in the first place, but lets look at this logically people. We can't leave now. If we leave the Iraqi government wont last for more than a month and then another dictator takes over. There isn't a very good solution to this problem.  

Toshiro_Li

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:53 pm
there have been foreign troops and battles in Iraq for a long time, since before 9/11. Im not sure what the solution to Iraq's problems are, but im pretty sure this is not it  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:44 pm
People aren't dying for 'no reason'.
People are dying to improve their countries or protect their families.
This war is necessary. Sure we, as americans. probably didn't do too much to prevent it, however, we couldn't just sit on our behinds twiddling our thumbs while more of our building were blown to pieces.
Sure, many things were over looked that could have help us be more prepared for the attacks. But who was really expecting all of this.
Stating that the war is fair for everyone isn't very plausible, though. The war is fair for some, unfair for others, and more than necessary for tons.
I believe that this will send us into our thrid world war.

I<3GhostIII

Reivin Fire

Reivin Fire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:48 pm
Erikz_Firah
One thing that angers me is people making rash generalizations about a touchy topic like Iraq. I think the war is unfair, but you have to express this in an educated manner. Cite some sources. You think bush is only in it for the money? where's your proof?

One thing I'm adamant about though, no matter how wrongfully we went into Iraq, we need to leave in a proper way. Just rushing out of there, leaving as quickly as possible is a bad idea, it would leave the country in ruins and the entire world would hate us for leaving such a sensative area in ruins.

Also, if we leave in a hurry, other countries who witness this will assume that we are retreating of god-knows-what reason they come up with. That in turn could lead them to make assumptions that we are too weak and cannot hold ourselves up any longer, leaving them to believe we are vulnerable.
Then all the countries that have large grudges against up will feel it is their time to strike. That woudln't be the best either.

I<3GhostIII

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:44 pm
well... by seeing the other post i voted unfair, but i dont realy know why Iraq is being attcked (i dont realy listen to the news or read newspapers) someone fill me in.  

Zaralius

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:25 pm
Reivin Fire
we couldn't just sit on our behinds twiddling our thumbs while more of our building were blown to pieces.

I<3GhostIII

neither could the Iraqis  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:51 am
Reivin Fire
Erikz_Firah

Also, if we leave in a hurry, other countries who witness this will assume that we are retreating of god-knows-what reason they come up with. That in turn could lead them to make assumptions that we are too weak and cannot hold ourselves up any longer, leaving them to believe we are vulnerable.
Then all the countries that have large grudges against up will feel it is their time to strike. That woudln't be the best either.

I<3GhostIII

True but then we could like use our hidden army force which they thought was diminished  

Zaralius

Toshiro_Li

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:21 pm
Zephyrus Winds
well... by seeing the other post i voted unfair, but i dont realy know why Iraq is being attcked (i dont realy listen to the news or read newspapers) someone fill me in.

Well basically we attacked Iraq to overthrown Saddam Husein and make the country democratic. Well it turns out that the Muslim religious groups in the country were only behaving because Hussein didn't give them a choice so they started killing us. Thats about as simply as i can put it though it is more complicated then that.  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff