Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!
Parkour

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Herr Verruckt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:33 pm
The Art of Movement.

Direct quote- The World is my Playground

Parkour is a french sport, I have been doing parkour for over 2 years now and I will admit its great fun and exercise. I have stayed mentally and physically fit from parkour and I love it. Heres 2 video's about parkour, one showing alot of parkour groups around the world. My group, Team Hansuke and Bokuzen was included into this video and I'm proud to say it was fun. The other video is a documentary on parkour, which I adored. I hope you all enjoy ^_^

Movie: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WEeqHj3Nj2c

Documentary: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WkHPQPozDRs  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:37 pm
Thought I'd include the definition posted on Wikipedia:

(Le) Parkour (sometimes abbreviated to PK) or l'art du déplacement[1] (English: the art of displacement) is generally an urban acrobatic activity of French origin, the aim of which is to move from point A to point B as efficiently and quickly as possible, using principally the abilities of the human body.[2][3] It is meant to help one overcome obstacles, which can be anything in the surrounding environment — from branches and rocks to rails and concrete walls — parkour can be practiced in both rural and urban areas. Male parkour practitioners are recognized as traceurs and female as traceuses.  

Herr Verruckt

Herr Verruckt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:26 am
Oh come-on at least bump here or something,

crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:25 am
Looks like fun. 3nodding  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Herr Verruckt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:30 pm
Thank you, I'm planning on putting some pictures videos of my parkour jams and such  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:48 am
I've actually been terribly interested in picking up this sport for a while now, but for some reason I can't motivate myself if I don't have a partner. *apiffany* I think I'll actually motivate myself now. Thanks!  

ScratchPocket

Nimble Streaker

SmashinAmber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:22 pm
It looks like so much fun. Im so jealous of anyone who's actually good at it.

If I tried, I'd like fall and die.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:31 pm
The crazy stunts you see in sneaker commercials, where an actor jumps rooftops and bridges to land on buses, is parkour. It has an amazing array of techniques to push your body to the limit and efficiently move from point to point. It is a monument to efficiency and exploration of space and environment.  

Adeiphos

Dracofrost

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:03 pm
Herr Verruckt, how did you get started with Parkour? Where do you go to find info on doing it safely, at a beginner level?  
"SEF" Sports, Exercise, and Fitness~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games