Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply *RolePlaying*
::School Musical Audition RP:: (VERY FUN!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like this RP idea?
  Heck Yes!
  Heck Nooooo!
View Results

Deirdre_Alethea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:15 pm
It was a sad fact of life that many students of Gildhorn Highschool felt musically and theatrically inclined.

Generally, that would be considered a good thing. What could be a more wonderful use of energy? Prancing around the stage and singing with all of their darling, precious hearts... What prodigious goals these students had. How perseverant they were in attaining those goals! It would do any parent or teacher proud.

Except Ms. Iris Rosaline Winthrop.

You see, the fact of the matter was that although many students felt theatrically and musically inclined, a very sparse amount were what you would call theatrically and musically "gifted," and so Ms. Winthrop often found that she was a bit edgy when the Spring Musical tryouts rolled around. After all, she was the director.

It was with a heavy heart that the grey-haired, bespectacled, squat old lady entered the theater that fateful day. She carried a stack of completed audition forms in one arm, contained in a manilla envelope. In the other, she held her handy blue coffee mug. No doubt she would need that extra boost of energy.

As she made her way down the aisle towards the table that had been erected in front of the stage for her (as it was every year), she grumbled inaudibly about "too much stuff to carry around" and how no aspiring actor was jumping up to help her. Then she mumbled a little more audibly that she would probably appreciate an aspiring actor's singing voice more if he or she were to kindly offer to take her mug. Well wha'do'ya know? Suddenly fifteen boys and girls sprang to her side and snatched both the coffee mug and the manilla envelope, setting them down on the table for her. She smiled a sickly-sweet smile and, with a dramatic sigh, sunk into the hard metal chair set out for her. She appraised her little helpers and then sent them back into the line that had formed along the wall of the theater.

She took a slow sip of her coffee, ignoring the many sets of eyes watching her anxiously, and then let loose another sigh. The students shrunk back as if this particular noise of hers was caused by some blunder of their own that they would soon be reprimanded for. Ms. Winthrop stood up and addressed them all.

"Welcome, young actors and actresses, to the Spring Musical Tryouts!" she announced, her arms held out as if presenting something very exciting, however, that spark of excitement did not seem to reach her own eyes. Actually, she was thinking, Oh joy...here we go again...

"Now as you well know, this year's musical is 'City Dreams' by Vladamir Mufoline. It is about a young girl and her brother that have dreams of becoming leading stars on Broadway as a double act together. You should be able to relate to this pair quite well because...hopefully you have your own dreams to do with the theater..." Under her breath, she added, "The question is whether you'll actually take those dreams anywhere, which I seriously doubt..."

After this moment's lapse, she cleared her throat and ambled on with her little speech. "Now, you were instructed to prepare one song to sing for me...just one song, and it doesn't have to be from the play. That grew...slightly tedious...last year..." Yes, at least she had dodged that bullet. "...and I shall now give you ten minutes to practice your song, as well as mingle with each other as you so obviously enjoy doing." She scrunched up her nose, reveling in the fact that children could ever have the ability to talk quite so much. Good lord.

"So...carry on! We begin in exactly ten minutes!"

And after that...the disaster would start to occur. Like it occurred every year.
~~~

Okay guys! Sounds fun, right? This should turn into something like the auditions in High School Musical. Basically, most of your characters should be not very talented at all...

Here's what I want.

-A couple of talented people. Only a couple.
-Some really shy people that will regret coming and will probably choke on stage.
-Just...strange people. Be creative.
-Only dancers. Can't sing. Either only dance, or attempt to sing and find that you are horrible at it.
-People who think they are amazing and really aren't.
-Just people who suck...period.

Before the start of the RP in your first post, please put this form about your character, completed:

Quote:
Name:
Year in HS:
Personality:
Do you have experience with acting and are you "good" at it?:
Dancing?:
Singing?:
More about you?:
Does your character like Ms. Winthrop?:

For now, RP arriving, standing in line, reacting to Ms. Winthrop, and interact with your peers! Just RP with the other people trying out, really. Fun, fun, fun! Get posting. ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:31 pm
Name: Abi
Year in HS: 9th year
Personality: people have said I have a personality like Sharpay from HSM
Do you have experience with acting and are you "good" at it?: I love acting and am very good at it
Dancing?: I've taken ballet and tap
Singing?: pretty good
More about you?: singing is my life
Does your character like Ms. Winthrop?: I'm sort of a teacher's pet, so I'd say yes  

Hope_Zabimaru

Frank_36912

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:36 am
Name:Tsuki Harada
Year in HS:9th
Personality:good at taking both good and bad feed back and dosn't let things go to her head. she's maybe a little to nice to some people but has her bad days
Do you have experience with acting and are you "good" at it?: love acting but I'm batter at the smaller rolles, as long as I get lines and I'm seen trought the play I'm happy
Dancing?: never professionally but I know how too and can go with the beet
Singing?: it's my life. I want to make a profession in it and everyone thinks I can
More about you?: is friends with everyone in her grade but has her own little tight nite group of friends so she's not exactly the "popular" student like Abi
Does your character like Ms. Winthrop?: not a lot but I do respect her and know how she feels.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:51 am
turns to Abi "her Abi brake a leg. hope we get this together like last year. tha'd be fun"  

Frank_36912

Hope_Zabimaru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:39 pm
"I hope so too. You know I've had the leads in all the plays, but this one may top even me."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:05 pm
"can't wate. Brake a leg"  

Frank_36912

Hope_Zabimaru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:48 pm
"Same to you!" fixes my hair and looks at the other people auditioning, smirking. "I know I can ace this!"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:19 pm
"heh. no reaturence for me?" :hopes that Abi knows that she's joking around:  

Frank_36912

Hope_Zabimaru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:51 am
"Maybe I should practice one more time..."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:22 pm
sighed  

Frank_36912

Hope_Zabimaru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:24 pm
walks out onto the stage and looks at you to start the cd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:30 pm
sighed and started it for her  

Frank_36912

Miumarie

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:01 pm
Name: Risa Nahara
Year in HS: 9
Personality: Loud and clear when singing but shy when not.
Do you have experience with acting and are you "good" at it?:She's excellent
Dancing?: Good
Singing?: Profesionnal
More about you?: She has alot more of guy friends than girl friends
Does your character like Ms. Winthrop?: Yes
Appearance: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:04 pm
"Risa you're here to?" walked over to her after starting the CD player "looks like last year already"  

Frank_36912

Miumarie

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:09 pm
I walked to my studio across from the school and went backstage. I turned up the music, pressed the headphone against my ear and began singing for practice.

After her song she went back the the school waiting for her turn to audition  
*RolePlaying*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces